Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
Denisovich said:
Never give Nadal a target.

I missed that, did he whack it at him? Did that to JJ yesterday and got a look off the Pole. They giggled at the net about it at the end of the match, but it's a good salt-shaker, that body-shot...

More like Gasquet rushing to the net and Nadal passing.

N

NADAL2005RG

That's what commentators always said about Agassi too- He loves a target. Nadal is the same level of passer.

N

NADAL2005RG

Nadal/Gasquet points are quite short, despite neither possessing a big serve.

N

NADAL2005RG

I wouldn't recommend the way Nadal puts the headband on, the quick headbanging. But I guess some people have flexible necks, so maybe not a health hazard.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's one of those matches, the result isn't really in doubt and the levels aren't very high as a consequence. I hope Gasquet picks up in the 2nd set and drives Rafa up a level. So far it's all a bit bread and butter, you know?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
I wouldn't recommend the way Nadal puts the headband on, the quick headbanging. But I guess some people have flexible necks, so maybe not a health hazard.

That's a recent addition to his repertoire of tics...

N

NADAL2005RG

Gasquet was much more threatening at the US Open. That was a quality match, for the first 2 sets.

N

NADAL2005RG

Kieran said:
NADAL2005RG said:

That's a recent addition to his repertoire of tics...

Yeah its been funny, especially when he did long headbanging. Today he did short ones.

N

NADAL2005RG

On the screen it said Nadal is looking to become the first player ever to finish the year ranked #1 in 3 years apart.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Some classic net play there from Gasquet. Second set has better quality, for me...

N

NADAL2005RG

I marvel at how brilliantly Nadal has avoided marathons since Cincy. Even the US Open final, breadstick in the 4th set. Only deciding set he played since Roland Garros was vs Fognini in China, and it was breadstick. Add that to the fact he didn't play much at Wimbledon (and didn't play the AO), he's managed to win 10 titles yet still be fresh going into the World Tour Finals.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I go off and make a cup of tea and come back and it's almost 4-0.

Good!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's getting away with a lot of half-court tennis. He's still not looking comfortable out there, but Gasquet's not gonna draw too much attention to that...

N

NADAL2005RG

Nadal at the peak of his powers. Peaking at age 27 on hardcourts. Playing the angles brilliantly.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Reeshard and Berd must look at the draw & think anybody but Nadal, please. :snigger

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
calitennis127 said:
Gosh, Federer is soooo old.

LOL, you've been waiting all year to be able to say this... Which only makes this post all the more baffling. Yeah, Fed IS old(er), unless you somehow missed this season.

Yes, he is older. But the extent of decline in is game is very often exaggerated.

For instance, he had more than enough game to win the Cincinnati quarterfinal. And he also showed some great stuff in the Basel final.

He certainly wasn't as good as he was in late 2011 and for most of 2012. But he can still play, and I expect him to do very well in 2014.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
Nadal at the peak of his powers. Peaking at age 27 on hardcourts. Playing the angles brilliantly.

I really enjoyed witnessing that peak against Del Potro in Shanghai.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
For instance, he had more than enough game to win the Cincinnati quarterfinal.

He would have used it, surely? :snigger