• Federer in 3

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Nole.

He's looked too good this week. Roger obviously did very well today, but he needs to ratchet that up another notch tomorrow and sustain a higher level of competitive intensity. I'm not sure he'll be confident enough or play well enough to trouble Novak...

N

NADAL2005RG

I think Nadal will whoop Djokovic in the final, but Nadal needs to play Federer to begin evening up the indoor h2h (it would be great if Nadal can beat Federer 3 times indoors in the space of 2 weeks). Not sure who will win the semi, but either way I'll be happy.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I pick Djokovic in 3. But, this is just a practice match. Roger has not faced Djokovic
for quite a while. After this practice match of tommorrow, Roger will beat him in the
finals of WTF in London.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Heart = Federer in two.

Head = Djokovic in three.

I'll use my head, and stick with my pick in the draw challenge.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I pick Djokovic in 3. But, this is just a practice match. Roger has not faced Djokovic
for quite a while. After this practice match of tommorrow, Roger will beat him in the
finals of WTF in London.

I really doubt that Roger will beat Djokovic at the WTF. One good match doesn't make him the player he used to be.

Even last year Novak beat Federer quite handily at the WTF.

OT: Novak in two.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak in three. I'm very encouraged by Roger's win today - his first win against a top 10 opponent since Tsonga at the Australian Open, if I remember correctly, and impressive considering that del Potro might be the fourth best player on tour. But del Potro is not Novak Djokovic. The encouragement is why I'll give Roger a set, but I don't think he'll beat Novak.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
El Dude said:
Novak in three. I'm very encouraged by Roger's win today - his first win against a top 10 opponent since Tsonga at the Australian Open, if I remember correctly, and impressive considering that del Potro might be the fourth best player on tour. But del Potro is not Novak Djokovic. The encouragement is why I'll give Roger a set, but I don't think he'll beat Novak.

Yes, it's his first Top 10 win since the AO.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
for quite a while.
After this practice match of tommorrow, Roger will beat him in the
finals of WTF in London.

Considering they've played 29 times, including 5 times last year, it is weird how long it has been: since the WTF last year. Let's hope it has been worth the wait.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Missed Fed and Del Potro earlier but had a feeling Fed was gonna win that match. Regarding this one I'm not so sure but a Fed win wouldn't surprise me. He gained a ton of confidence today and I think a lot of his problems lately have been mental. Totally lacking in confidence and his game has suffered greatly as a result. As the confidence grows (and it is in his favourite part of the season) I expect hm to keep getting better. Whatever this match and the WTF bring for Fed, I'm more hopeful now that he'll be back in a good way next year.

lindseywagners

Futures Player
Reactions
Denisovich said:

"Quite handily" isn't an accurate way to describe that match, in my opinion. The final score line was 7-6 (8-6), 7-5. "Quite handily" would be 6-4, 6-4.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
lindseywagners said:
Denisovich said:

"Quite handily" isn't an accurate way to describe that match, in my opinion. The final score line was 7-6 (8-6), 7-5. "Quite handily" would be 6-4, 6-4.

Mastoor is claiming he steamrolled him in that match on tennis.com. Quite a hilarious use of the term steamrolled. 2 points and 1 break that match was decided by.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
lindseywagners said:
Denisovich said:

You're right. It felt, though, as if it went much easier than expected. The match was over before I knew it.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
I think Nadal will whoop Djokovic in the final, but Nadal needs to play Federer to begin evening up the indoor h2h (it would be great if Nadal can beat Federer 3 times indoors in the space of 2 weeks). Not sure who will win the semi, but either way I'll be happy.

Federer is simply a better hardcourt player than Nadal and a more talented player overall, but especially on hardcourts.

Observation and resume each bear that out.

N

NADAL2005RG

calitennis127 said:
Federer is simply a better hardcourt player than Nadal and a more talented player overall, but especially on hardcourts.

Observation and resume each bear that out.

Did you really only just discover that Federer had a better hardcourt record than Nadal?

topsport1

Reactions
Haven't seen this match-up of the Big 4 in a while, like Nadal-Murray...don't really do picks but very intrigued...we'll see exactly where Fed now stands