11. JW Tsonga
12. R. Gasquet
13. L. Pouille
14. G. Dimitrov
15. D. Ferrer
16. P. Cuevas

bnp-paribas-masters-1.jpg

The Tournament:

The BNP Paribas Masters is the ninth and final ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event. As the final tournament of the regular men’s tennis season, the Palais Omnisports in Bercy showcases the cream of the crop as they vie to win the prestigious title and clinch one of the remaining qualifying spots in the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

About Paris

With an incomparable heritage of historic sites, iconic monuments and attractions, Paris is a dream destination for visitors in search of places to discover. Classic, innovative and offbeat, the capital offers a unique cultural journey through 1,803 monuments, 173 museums and many other exceptional places.

The top things to do on a first-time visit: enjoy a panoramic view of the city from a 324-metre height at the top of the Eiffel Tower, admire Victor Hugo’s beloved gargoyles at Notre Dame Cathedral and stand at the top of the tallest hill in Paris at the Sacre Coeur Basilica. These are the three monuments most popular with visitors to Paris. Not far from Notre Dame Cathedral, the Sainte Chapelle with its beautiful stained glass windows is also well worth visiting.

A short distance from the Champs-Elysées, the Grand palais, a huge stone, steel and glass structure, hosts prestigious exhibitions. Built by Napoleon, the Arc de Triomphe offers a breathtaking bird’s-eye view of the city.

In the heart of Paris, the Louvre is a former royal residence which was transformed into a museum after the Revolution and has since become the world’s most visited museum. The Musee d'Orsay houses the largest collection of Impressionist and post-Impressionist paintings in the world.

Another must-see is the Palais Garnier with its ornately decorated façade and its ceiling painted by Marc Chagall. Finally, a trip out to the Pere Lachaise cemetery offers the opportunity to pay homage at the tombs of many famous people.

paris-france.jpg

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B4%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B2%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%B2%D9%8A%D9%87.jpg

the-underworld-nightclub.jpg
filename-louvre-pyramide.jpg

musee-d-orsay-50bf78b469139.jpg

map-of-paris-paris-france%2B1152_12881837374-tpfil02aw-14991.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:
Reactions: britbox

Obsi

Masters Champion
Reactions
If both Djokovic and Murray reach the final, do you think Novak is more likely to win because Andy played too much after USO?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If both Djokovic and Murray reach the final, do you think Novak is more likely to win because Andy played too much after USO?
Muzz has played too much but this last tournament has been a lot easier to reach the final which has helped a lot
Meanwhile he is closer and closer......

scared.gif

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Results from the Paris Masters Men's Singles Round 1 matches on Monday

Paolo Lorenzi (Italy) beat Benoit Paire (France) 6-4 7-6(4)
Marcos Baghdatis (Cyprus) beat Paul-Henri Mathieu (France) 6-2 6-4
Jan-Lennard Struff (Germany) beat Illya Marchenko (Ukraine) 6-1 6-1
Joao Sousa (Portugal) beat Andreas Seppi (Italy) 6-4 6-4
Fernando Verdasco (Spain) beat Robin Haase (Netherlands) 6-2 3-2 (Haase retired)
Steve Johnson (U.S.) beat Guido Pella (Argentina) 6-4 7-5
Pablo Carreno (Spain) beat Fabio Fognini (Italy) 6-3 6-1

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Ho, ho, ho! Merry Halloween everyone! It was here last night and we had children with all sorts of masks even Trump and Hitlary. I wasn't aware we had that many American kids over here.

We all know No1e will win the Paris title if he starts playing like he knows, but because it is not happening for him since Roland Garros, chances for that happening are almost non existent. i wish he closes the circle in Paris and starts playing like a champion again right in this tournament. Do I believe it will happen? I hate to say this, but I think No1e is in huge crisis and he won't come back easily.

Murray will win in Paris almost certainly. He is the best player by far, his only rival went bananas, he had plenty of luck in facing lower ranked players in last six months or injured ones like in first 4 rounds in Wiena or players who simply don't play to win like Tsonga in Wiena final. I'll even open a thread about Murray's super easy coming to number one after I read stats some tennis fans came up with.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'll even open a thread about Murray's super easy coming to number one after I read stats some tennis fans came up with.

It still has to happen, but "super-easy" path to #1? Seriously? I'd wonder who has been so accomplished, so close and waited so long to get there. He's been all but solidly top-4 or better for 8 years.

Reactions: Tennis Fan

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
It still has to happen, but "super-easy" path to #1? Seriously? I'd wonder who has been so accomplished, so close and waited so long to get there. He's been all but solidly top-4 or better for 8 years.

I'll open a tread about this as soon as I check the stats I read. But since it was published in proper media, it has to be right.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nothing is easy and i don't think to reach the #1 is easier either but sometimes it depends the circumstances or how the rest of the tour is playing. My question is....in the last three years besides Novak which players were playing their best?
On the other hand it's very known that Indoor is not Muzz best surface so I think he is going to have a hard way to win but you never know....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'll open a tread about this as soon as I check the stats I read. But since it was published in proper media, it has to be right.
I'll look forward to that, when Murray gets the #1, and arguing with you about it. :lol3: