• Tsonga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wawrinka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed-Nole have had a lot of great matches starting at the end of 2010 and I still think there is no love loss there. Hope Fed will be up for making it a battle at least. Nole seems to have his focus back and the motivation to end the year right is huge.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Didi said:
What an unbelievable nonsense to put Paris-Bercy the week before the YEC and thus forcing the top players to either tank or play in auto pilot mode. :cover
Didi,
I believe they removed the week in between Paris and YEC to shorten the season. At many of the player's request they wanted 2 more weeks of off-season time, so ATP moved YEC up.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think it's a tough schedule too, especially for Djoker, but Berdych too: they have DC duty to prepare for...

Didi

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Didi, I believe they removed the week in between Paris and YEC to shorten the season. At many of the player's request they wanted 2 more weeks of off-season time, so ATP moved YEC up.

Fair enough but it's still nonsense to put Bercy the week before the 5th biggest event of the year. As I said earlier I just wonder whether it is worth the effort for Rafa, Nole and Roger to go all the way here since the winner on sunday will have to play his first match on tuesday already. Or imagine the two finalists of Bercy being in different groups, so one of them will have to start his group match on monday! That way you force the remaining top players who made a deep run here to think about what to do. That's a question that should never ever occur in the first place when you go deep in a masters tournament. Thank god from 2014 onwards there will be a week rest between Bercy and the YEC. Best decision in ages.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
Gosh, Federer is soooo old.

LOL, you've been waiting all year to be able to say this... Which only makes this post all the more baffling. Yeah, Fed IS old(er), unless you somehow missed this season.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
There we go, sets up a big time clash with Djoker. Not expecting him to win but this is the first time he can have real confidence going into London.

It is time you give some credit to Federer Darth. I too believe he will lost against
Djokovic. But, I did think he will turn it around against delpo.

However, in WTF winning is not the only thing, you have to do it efficiently
also. Fed is not doing things efficiently even when he wins. SO, if he is one of
three men with one win each or one of three men with two wins each in his group,
he will probably the one to lose out a spot in SF.

N

NADAL2005RG

calitennis127 said:
Gosh, Federer is soooo old.

Younger than when Agassi was last ranked #1. And even when Agassi was fading at age 35, he played THREE 5-setters at the US Open and made the final, and took a 6-2 set from prime Federer.

N

NADAL2005RG

Didi said:
Fair enough but it's still nonsense to put Bercy the week before the 5th biggest event of the year. As I said earlier I just wonder whether it is worth the effort for Rafa, Nole and Roger to go all the way here since the winner on sunday will have to play his first match on tuesday already. Or imagine the two finalists of Bercy being in different groups, so one of them will have to start his group match on monday! That way you force the remaining top players who made a deep run here to think about what to do. That's a question that should never ever occur in the first place when you go deep in a masters tournament. Thank god from 2014 onwards there will be a week rest between Bercy and the YEC. Best decision in ages.

Nadal has played less matches recently (semi-final loss at Shanghai and skipped Basel), so he needs every match he can get before London. And he's fresh enough to play in London on Monday, because he skipped Basel (and even prior to that, he hasn't played any marathons since Roland Garros). and during the Asian swing, Nadal was only stretched to a deciding set once, and it was a breadstick 3rd set vs Fognini. And Nadal's 2 losses were quick. Nadal is extremely fresh physically and can give everything to the Paris final and World Tour Finals.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal's serve happens onto the court like a bewildered child. It's like he leaves his serve in America every time he wins the US open...

N

NADAL2005RG

JJ only broke Nadal's serve once. And some people actually thought JJ was going to beat Nadal. In that context, hard to criticize the Nadal serve.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Congrats to Roger's fans here on a great result. Looking forward to the semi.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Gasquet is playing really aggressive, he'll need that.

N

NADAL2005RG

Nadal one of the greatest reflex volleyers ever, showing why today.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Poor execution there though.

^ it was a good reflex, but also poorly put away by Gasquet.

N

NADAL2005RG

I'm really enjoying Nadal's depth (in the JJ match too). Definitely is looking like 2010 World Tour Finals again, and even better this year because Nadal is not worn-out physically.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Never give Nadal a target.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
JJ only broke Nadal's serve once. And some people actually thought JJ was going to beat Nadal. In that context, hard to criticize the Nadal serve.

JJ's a basketcase, hardly the measure of a great returner. My problem with the serve is that he just looks shakey with it again. It's a fast surface, and he's using it as a point-starter. You want a hammer for this surface, Ralph, not a screwdriver...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Never give Nadal a target.

I missed that, did he whack it at him? Did that to JJ yesterday and got a look off the Pole. They giggled at the net about it at the end of the match, but it's a good salt-shaker, that body-shot...