Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tsonga

• Wawrinka

• Total voters
N

NADAL2005RG

Don't forget Federer's record vs Spanish players outside of Nadal. I suspect its even more impressive.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
Don't forget Federer's record vs Spanish players outside of Nadal. I suspect its even more impressive.

Really? More impressive than Nadal? Is that even possible?

topsport1

Reactions
tented said:
topsport1 said:
Hey Everyone,

Brand new, looking forward to talking tennis, been following the sport closely for going on 40 years now (ouch, that hurts a bit)....was actually estimating how many hours in my life I've spent watching matches but gave up quickly. If someone wants to assure me this is a more sane place than TT that would be great. :) Recently joined MTF too and that looks shaky as well.

Thanks

Hello, topsport1! Welcome to the Tennis Frontier! :)

We are, of course, the most sophisticated, intelligent, and knowledgeable tennis site on the planet, so you've found the perfect place to talk tennis. ;)

I look forward to reading your posts.

That's great tented..sounds good. I have over 2,500 posts over there but have to try something new. All those things would be appreciated though honestly just not being mean-spirited and almost unhinged would do it for me :)

topsport1

Reactions
Kieran said:
Welcome, topsport1!

Looking forward to reading more. Who you rooting for these days? Who have you liked over the 40 years?

Thank you Kieran. I like Nadal but really try to not get caught up in results like I did when I was younger with Borg and Sampras, my favorites. I enjoy all the matches between the Big 4 most but appreciate the other guys too, like Ferrer today. One thing I make a point not to do is live in the 70's and 80's like other folks my age do..that drives me nuts.

like the women too, but boy, beyond Serena that is looking shaky.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
topsport1 said:
Kieran said:
Welcome, topsport1!

Looking forward to reading more. Who you rooting for these days? Who have you liked over the 40 years?

Thank you Kieran. I like Nadal but really try to not get caught up in results like I did when I was younger with Borg and Sampras, my favorites. I enjoy all the matches between the Big 4 most but appreciate the other guys too, like Ferrer today. One thing I make a point not to do is live in the 70's and 80's like other folks my age do..that drives me nuts.

All my favourites there! Borg, then Pete, now Rafa. You are a person of rare good taste! ;)

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
topsport1 said:
Kieran said:
Welcome, topsport1!

All my favourites there! Borg, then Pete, now Rafa. You are a person of rare good taste! ;)

As good a taste as advocating on behalf of tempestuous Latin Americans such as Nalbandian, Del Potro, and Rios?

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
topsport1 said:
Hey Everyone,

Brand new, looking forward to talking tennis, been following the sport closely for going on 40 years now (ouch, that hurts a bit)....was actually estimating how many hours in my life I've spent watching matches but gave up quickly. If someone wants to assure me this is a more sane place than TT that would be great. :) Recently joined MTF too and that looks shaky as well.

Thanks

Welcome to Tennis Frontier. :) I look forward to reading your posts.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Ah the Boss! Seen him so many times in Dublin. Didn't know DP loved him. Rare for top sports stars to have good taste in music. Usually they like Phil Collins or Robbie Williams... :gross:

topsport1

Reactions
Kieran said:
Ah the Boss! Seen him so many times in Dublin. Didn't know DP loved him. Rare for top sports stars to have good taste in music. Usually they like Phil Collins or Robbie Williams... :gross:

yeah..can get you a few quotes...just deleted my post (still working out the kinks, let me get that back up first)

N

NADAL2005RG

Denisovich said:
NADAL2005RG said:

Really? More impressive than Nadal? Is that even possible?

Obviously.

topsport1

Reactions
calitennis127 said:
Kieran said:
topsport1 said:
Kieran said:
Welcome, topsport1!

As good a taste as advocating on behalf of tempestuous Latin Americans such as Nalbandian, Del Potro, and Rios?

One thing about Delpo in addition to him being a great player and guy is he's a big Bruce Springsteen fan like me...says Bruce is his idol, which stunned me to learn coming from a guy in his mid 20's from Argentina...said his favorite song is The River and someone told me the BBC played Darkness on the Edge of Town for him last year...not exactly the normal song you'd hear during a sporting contest :)

also during his match against Nadal in Shanghai the announcer said "The man who said his favorite song is the River by Bruce Springsteen is the boss today".

Delpo and Darvin at Bruce show at Wembley right before Wimbledon (Delpo wearing Wrecking Ball t-shirt)...Bruce was in Argentina right after U.S. Open but don't think Juan went to that one

[attachment=33]

Attachments

• delpo-concert.jpg
    delpo-concert.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 55

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:

A video for you Kieran. Watch the whole video. You'll appreciate it. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkf9n-WQ5Ik

topsport1

Reactions
Kieran said:

lyric from Local Hero..."First they made me King, then they made me Pope...then they brought the rope"

Delpo's got that covered too

Attachments

• Del-Potro-Papa-Francesco.jpg
    Del-Potro-Papa-Francesco.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 52

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Iona16 said:
Kieran said:

A video for you Kieran. Watch the whole video. You'll appreciate it. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkf9n-WQ5Ik

:clap :lolz:

I love Graham Norton, and the Red Chair. That was a great story from that guy, too, so I'm glad they didn't pull the lever.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
topsport1 said:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks

Welcome topsport. This is a more sane place than TT. That place was once a good board but is now like MTF Redux (MTF is a cesspit of fanboyism). So enjoy yourself on here.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
topsport1 said:
tented said:
topsport1 said:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks

Hello, topsport1! Welcome to the Tennis Frontier! :)

We are, of course, the most sophisticated, intelligent, and knowledgeable tennis site on the planet, so you've found the perfect place to talk tennis. ;)

I look forward to reading your posts.

That's great tented..sounds good. I have over 2,500 posts over there but have to try something new. All those things would be appreciated though honestly just not being mean-spirited and almost unhinged would do it for me :)

Welcome to the bright-side, Topsport!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
topsport1 said:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks

Welcome Topsport. As Tented already mentioned this is a great place to exchange ideas. Let us know if you have questions and happy posting. :cool:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would like to join in with everyone and also say, welcome TopSport. You are entering a fun tennis community, although "fun" only very slightly begins to describe it.