Novak Djokovic's Vaccine Stance & Visa Troubles

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Is this a credible source?

Tick, tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick.....
Maybe yes, maybe no, but, if so, someone is leaking about the rejection of his exemption application. Says he's waiting on a 2nd application, (appeal?) and the twitter imbedded says he can get 1x J&J and arrive in Oz 7 days later. I'm more inclined to think he isn't hiding a previous vaccination. He's very against it, clearly. But this could drag out another week. Well, with the holidays a bit of a bust, at least THIS is fun! :face-with-tears-of-joy::partying-face:

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe yes, maybe no, but, if so, someone is leaking about the rejection of his exemption application. Says he's waiting on a 2nd application, (appeal?) and the twitter imbedded says he can get 1x J&J and arrive in Oz 7 days later. I'm more inclined to think he isn't hiding a previous vaccination. He's very against it, clearly. But this could drag out another week. Well, with the holidays a bit of a bust, at least THIS is fun! :face-with-tears-of-joy::partying-face:

Louder tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AO boss Craig Tiley says there is still 'quite a bit to play out" on whether Djokovic will defend his title with a clearer picture in the coming days,otherwise its getting pretty late to show up and play the Australian Open".
"We've still got a few charter flights coming in until the end of the week and then all the players will be here".Tiley said.
"

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AO boss Craig Tiley says there is still 'quite a bit to play out" on whether Djokovic will defend his title with a clearer picture in the coming days,otherwise its getting pretty late to show up and play the Australian Open".
"We've still got a few charter flights coming in until the end of the week and then all the players will be here".Tiley said.
"
Sounds like he is afraid to close the door on Nole.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think he is afraid to close the door on Novak,he is still uncertain whether Novak will play the AO.
I know.. If I was CT.. I would be like if he wanted to be here, he would have showed up already.. we are going to move forward with the players that are committed

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I know.. If I was CT.. I would be like if he wanted to be here, he would have showed up already.. we are going to move forward with the players that are committed
Yep I take your point,moving forward with players that are already committed.No player is bigger than the game of tennis period.
BTW there are more video's of Novak practicing on HC in Marbella Spain today.

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep I take your point,moving forward with players that are already committed.No player is bigger than the game of tennis period.
BTW there are more video's of Novak practicing on HC in Marbella Spain today.
I have realized, (since I questioned the choice, above,) that Novak has chosen Marbella because it replicates the conditions in Melbourne, to some extent. Must have the same surface. And, as you pointed out, he's practicing with the AO balls. Trying to replicate the conditions, as much as possible, while he waits. I don't fault Tiley for what he says. Surely, he gets asked all the time, and why wouldn't he want a marquee player there? Especially with a few already missing it.

I know this is more unbidden speculation, but I'm really beginning to think that Novak is going to stand hard on his no vaccination position. Can he go if he doesn't take a charter flight, Margaret? CT says that by the end of the week that all of the players who will play the AO will be in Oz. If so, then that means that either Novak has taken the jab, or he's thrown all of his fortunes on the medical exemption. And I still firmly believe that giving him one would be a huge PR mistake, in many ways.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have realized, (since I questioned the choice, above,) that Novak has chosen Marbella because it replicates the conditions in Melbourne, to some extent. Must have the same surface. And, as you pointed out, he's practicing with the AO balls. Trying to replicate the conditions, as much as possible, while he waits. I don't fault Tiley for what he says. Surely, he gets asked all the time, and why wouldn't he want a marquee player there? Especially with a few already missing it.

I know this is more unbidden speculation, but I'm really beginning to think that Novak is going to stand hard on his no vaccination position. Can he go if he doesn't take a charter flight, Margaret? CT says that by the end of the week that all of the players who will play the AO will be in Oz. If so, then that means that either Novak has taken the jab, or he's thrown all of his fortunes on the medical exemption. And I still firmly believe that giving him one would be a huge PR mistake, in many ways.
Novak could get to Australia on another airline or on a private charter.,which he would have to pay himself if he is not on the charter flights that TA has arranged coming into Australia at the end of the week.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak could get to Australia on another airline or on a private charter.,which he would have to pay himself if he is not on the charter flights that TA has arranged coming into Australia at the end of the week.
Novak also has a deal with NetJets which is a private company so I don't have any doubt he will be in Australia this next week

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He's Back..he got his medical exemption.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Tennis Tournament directors do not care about PR..As you know, the way they're
evaluated is based on box office receipts and television ratings . Thus, the medical exemption will be given to Novak..the world's number one.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tennis Tournament directors do not care about PR..As you know, the way they're
evaluated is based on box office receipts and television ratings . Thus, the medical exemption will be given to Novak..the world's number one.

The Australian PM is putting his foot down ..prove it or leave .

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
And the serie continuous.......

ff11765753cd6e7b037a7463abba7d0c02c238a9f2656e2a0a393db3564ea664.jpg

Last edited:

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
These headlines are meant to draw eyeballs and not newsworthy. He was exempt and will be allowed through. Whether the crowd watching his matches support him and whether he plays well regardless are the questions remaining.