Who wins?
9BE2BF49-8A00-4DF8-83A7-952499DA1A58.jpeg
353CB5F7-13EF-4568-8475-BA444DB2F892.jpeg
\\

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So, what's the takeaway? Does Stephanos have the game to win the title? Played some very nice tennis today. LOADS of FH winners. Decent serving...what was the PCT? Failure to close is a negative.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
So, what's the takeaway? Does Stephanos have the game to win the title? Played some very nice tennis today. LOADS of FH winners. Decent serving...what was the PCT? Failure to close is a negative.
To defeat Novak you have to hit through him and make it uncomfortable. Too many players are so happy to just "stay" with Novak..@fiero knows what I'm saying. I would suggest watching the Grand slam finals between Stan and Novak. Stan plays like if he looses he will be incarcerated for the NEXT five years.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
To defeat Novak you have to hit through him and make it uncomfortable. Too many players are so happy to just "stay" with Novak..@fiero knows what I'm saying. I would suggest watching the Grand slam finals between Stan and Novak. Stan plays like if he looses he will be incarcerated for the NEXT five years.
Interesting thought, as Stan also has a 1-hander. But his is SO sturdy, supported by those huge shoulders. The Greek's looks much shakier. But he does have a few inches on Stan, which helps.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It will be half and half I feel there are also a lot of Serbians in Melbousom

Interesting thought, as Stan also has a 1-hander. But his is SO sturdy, supported by those huge shoulders. The Greek's looks much shakier. But he does have a few inches on Stan, which helps.
Stan put an enormous amount of stress on Novak's game. Stefano's game can be as potent.

Reactions: Moxie

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak has added some pounds to his frame and the result is that he’s hitting a heavier ball, in Adelaide and here. It’s something he had been reluctant to do for a long time, as he thought it might compromise his mobility or leave him more vulnerable to injury. It’s going to be tougher to hit through him than it was when Stan pasted him.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's been a while since Tsitsipas beat Novak, which was in the early days of greek's career. I think Tsitsipas can take a set and make it somewhat close. It's not like he hasn't been close to win in some other matches against Novak, but I don't see him lifting the trophy here. So I voted Novak in 4.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Stan put an enormous amount of stress on Novak's game. Stefano's game can be as potent.
Stefano’s game can be explosive.

The big question is how the BH will stand up under relentless pressure, its not the “heavy” BH Stan’s was.

Plus Stefano gives away so many free points on his ROS it’s maddening.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak in straights.

So i guess 2024 is the next “bold” prediction of the year when finally Nadal/Djokovic will be shut out of winning a Major.
People are already talking about the battle in RG for 23rd major, though we all know Nadal is the favorite there if healthy. Novak will then again be a favorite for a Wimbledon. That leaves USO up for grabs when these 2 are tired/injured/not allowed to play. This is looking embarrassing for all the young guys.

MikeOne

Masters Champion
Reactions
Tsitsipas and wawrinka are completely different players… bad comparison. Tsitsipas is a more craft player with more variety. He has ability to hit many winners but he doesn’t have stan’s ability to muscle through deep balls and hit winners out of any position. Stan is the only player i have seen hit through novak’s defenses and also play good enough defense to not allow being bullied. Still, look at h2h.. novak is like 20-6 vs stan in h2h

tsitsipas will have to serve really well and not red line… limit his ufes. He has to serve well enough to take pressure off his serve and not allow the novak return to take over. From the baseline, he will have to strike a balance of selective agression but keep ball in play, ala medvedev. This is his path to victory.. easier said than done

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
People are already talking about the battle in RG for 23rd major, though we all know Nadal is the favorite there if healthy. Novak will then again be a favorite for a Wimbledon. That leaves USO up for grabs when these 2 are tired/injured/not allowed to play. This is looking embarrassing for all the young guys.
Hi Don,

Quite frankly this has been a disappointing Slam especially for the 'youngsters' after the many top seeded players lost, this was a great opportunity for them to 'stand up', the quality of play too has been sub par from them.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak has added some pounds to his frame and the result is that he’s hitting a heavier ball, in Adelaide and here. It’s something he had been reluctant to do for a long time, as he thought it might compromise his mobility or leave him more vulnerable to injury. It’s going to be tougher to hit through him than it was when Stan pasted him.
I noticed that to when I watched Novak in Adelaide, he has put on weight, hitting a heavier ball, though in added some weight it has not compromised his mobility around the court. I have seen Novak many times in tournaments, at times, to me he was too thin.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Weather for Melbourne on Sunday is showers 22c....probably the final will be under a closed roof ( today in Melbourne will be a heat wave 35c being Saturday so a change is predicated for Sunday),

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
For the first time ever, Tsi is grateful for the dad he has and that his name is not Srdjan. :facepalm:

I’ve been listening to the after match press conferences, and every one of Djokovic’s opponents stated something to the effect, “I had a game plan and I never had a chance to use it.”. Paul, Rublev, de Minaur. He shut them down. And tomorrow could be more of the same. There are a few variables that might affect the outcome.

Novak’s father’s situation. You could see he was embarrassed in his presser. He had Paul at 5-1 today and lost the plot, went on a mental vacation. I think in part it was because of this. He locked it down at 5-5, but Tsi is better player than Paul.

The other is Tsi’s ability to focus. His forehand was a giant killer yesterday. The cuts he was taking at the ball and what he did with his shots was breathtaking. And he did it with good consistency. If he can relax and enjoy the moment, if coach Poo is able to hold a pillow over his dad’s face long enough, I think it will be an enjoyable and competitive match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
For the first time ever, Tsi is grateful for the dad he has and that his name is not Srdjan. :facepalm:

I’ve been listening to the after match press conferences, and every one of Djokovic’s opponents stated something to the effect, “I had a game plan and I never had a chance to use it.”. Paul, Rublev, de Minaur. He shut them down. And tomorrow could be more of the same. There are a few variables that might affect the outcome.

Novak’s father’s situation. You could see he was embarrassed in his presser. He had Paul at 5-1 today and lost the plot, went on a mental vacation. I think in part it was because of this. He locked it down at 5-5, but Tsi is better player than Paul.

The other is Tsi’s ability to focus. His forehand was a giant killer yesterday. The cuts he was taking at the ball and what he did with his shots was breathtaking. And he did it with good consistency. If he can relax and enjoy the moment, if coach Poo is able to hold a pillow over his dad’s face long enough, I think it will be an enjoyable and competitive match.
Well you can blame the ATP for this 'insane rule' of coaching....moving on quickly
I cannot see Pap T not continue his coaching, even if the Poo holds a pillow to his face, he will probably struggle and we could see a scuffle in The Young Greeks Box:)
Apparently The Poo has a good sense of humor? who knew and also helps in the serve and volley game
Well Mark has to hone in and tell The Young Greek to keep his racket out in front of him when approaching the volley to the net, a few times in his SF match against KK he dropped the racket face down and wondered why it didnt go over the net