Novak Djokovic's Vaccine Stance & Visa Troubles

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Somebody in the Djokovic employ is going to be in trouble. Surely he has travel people, and a lawyer. He travels the world, and he doesn't do his own visas. Of course, this year's paperwork is unusual, since a work visa that he would presumably travel under in normal years, didn't allow for his vaccine exemption. But it's no surprise that Novak wanted to go to Australia, and surely they knew he was applying for an exemption, so someone did not do their homework. SMH.
I think he was waiting for his medical exemption which came at the last minute,agree whoever applied for his visa should have checked to make sure it was the correct one.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Update on Novak:

Djokovic to remain in Mlebourne for the time being.He's about to be transported to a city quarantine hotel,run by the Federal Government.Arrangements are now underway to source a return flight to Europe,likely today.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think he was waiting for his medical exemption which came at the last minute,agree whoever applied for his visa should have checked to make sure it was the correct one.
I get it, but somebody could have checked ahead so they could rush it though when the exemption came. It's a ridiculous and embarrassing error.

Reactions: 10isfan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I get it, but somebody could have checked ahead so they could rush it though when the exemption came. It's a ridiculous and embarrassing error.
Well someone will be accountable for the error,though I am certain none of us will be privy to who stuffed up.

Reactions: Fiero425

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Djoke has 11 days to get this straightened out. I think he will get through the border, but this drama is providing entertainment for pro vaxxers and many tennis fans.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Djoke has 11 days to get this straightened out. I think he will get through the border, but this drama is providing entertainment for pro vaxxers and many tennis fans.
No he won't we have strict border rules he has been told he has to return home that is coming from the Federal Government,our Prime Minister for starters.His Visa has been cancelled.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
No he won't we have strict border rules he has been told he has to return home that is coming from the Federal Government,our Prime Minister for starters.
How many days for him to return to Europe, file the paperwork correctly, and fly to Melbourne? Less than ten days. No?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Scott Morrison,Prime Minister of Australia,

Mr Djokovic's visa has been cancelled.Rules are rules,especially when it comes to our borders.No one is above these rules.Our strong border policies have been critical to Australia having one of the lowest death rates in the world from COVID,we are continuing to be vigilant.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Do anyone thinks that he is going to fly back to Serbia and get the correct paperwork……? Heck no.. he ain’t coming back to endure that debacle again IMO
I was just looking at the time line that he does have the time to get back here with the correct visa.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm hoping this kerfuffle doesn't end up tainting the tournament & the country! It has happened B4 w/ Wimbledon coming under fire in the past! :facepalm:
Well I am afraid to say it already has people tainting the AO and the country.

• Sad