Nitto ATP Finals 2022, Turin, Italy

Tennis_Steve

Futures Player
Reactions
Short and not so sweet for Rafa.

Timing just not there, seemed out of ideas.

The court speed (altitude) seemed a difficulty, not an advantage.

Last player to win it from dropping the first match was 2009, Nikolay Davydenko!

Fritz was solid, didn't fluff it.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't believe Tignor got both matches right and also can't believe I trusted Nadal to win set 2. 6-1 ffs. Happy for Fritz. Not happy I bet on Nadal to win set 2.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Well played Fritz deserved his win!
I thought he'd win alright but was expecting 2-1 and didn't place a bet till after he won set 1 but decided on Nadal to win set 2 instead. He could have had the decency to at least lose it 6-4, 7-5 or 7-6 instead of 6-1 ffs :D Only placed a last minute bet to earn a free €10 bet for tomorrow anyway. In the back of my mind I was thinking Nadal is in a hurry to go back changing nappies and he probably is. Last time backing him to win anything at this tournament. Just doesn't suit his game at all.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought he'd win alright but was expecting 2-1 and didn't place a bet till after he won set 1 but decided on Nadal to win set 2 instead. He could have had the decency to at least lose it 6-4, 7-5 or 7-6 instead of 6-1 ffs :D
I tell Rafa next time for your dear Front,.....I cant believe Steve Tignor got it right of all people lol!

• Haha
Reactions: Front242

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The one thing I love about a round robin is that moment when people start scribbling hasty obituaries after the first match…

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought he'd win alright but was expecting 2-1 and didn't place a bet till after he won set 1 but decided on Nadal to win set 2 instead. He could have had the decency to at least lose it 6-4, 7-5 or 7-6 instead of 6-1 ffs :D Only placed a last minute bet to earn a free €10 bet for tomorrow anyway. In the back of my mind I was thinking Nadal is in a hurry to go back changing nappies and he probably is. Last time backing him to win anything at this tournament. Just doesn't suit his game at all.
It hasnt been his best tournament,he qualified, lets see how he goes in his next match, I think he plays FAA

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The one thing I love about a round robin is that moment when people start scribbling hasty obituaries after the first match…

Well let me get my "Scib'l" out there! I had already predicted Rafa wouldn't do well regardless of his group! He sorta mentally shuts down after the FO; always has! He's had a few good Summers &'s taken 4 USO, but over all these yrs, his record's been dismal after Paris! It's like he doesn't care!

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Well let me get my "Scib'l" out there! I had already predicted Rafa wouldn't do well regardless of his group! He sorta mentally shuts down after the FO; always has! He's had a few good Summers &'s taken 4 USO, but over all these yrs, his record's been dismal after Paris! It's like he doesn't care!
After the FO :lol6::facepalm: :astonished-face::face-with-tears-of-joy: He has won plenty during the NA HC summer as well as Wimbledon a few times:thumbs-up:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
It hasnt been his best tournament,he qualified, lets see how he goes in his next match, I think he plays FAA
Gonna be a tough one for both having both lost their first matches. A dogfight. Won't be betting on that.