NFL Pick'em Challenge

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
AP finishes 10-6, I was 9-7, KS was 8-8. Didi was 3-13. Nehmeth we can start you fresh or something like 26-22 (1 game worse than the bottomfeeders that KS and myself are).

AP at 31-17
DF and KS at 27-21
Nehmeth at 26-22
Didi at 19-29

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Onto week 4:

Giants @ Skins - Redskins
Bills @ Texans - Texans
Packers @ Bears - GB has looked bad but going in I figured they'd start 2-2. 3-1 would have been great given their schedule. Obviously 1-3 is a disaster and puts their season in immediate jeopardy. Bears have a lot of injuries so I think Packers rebound. They need it badly.

Titans @ Colts - Colts
Bucs @ Steelers - Pitt
Falcons @ Vikings - Falcons
Saints @ Cowboys - Saints. Neither team has looked good but I think New Orleans picks it up at some point

Panthers @ Ravens - Ravens
Lions @ Jets - Lions
Dolphins @ Raiders - Dolphins
Jags @ Chargers - Chargers
Eagles @ Niners - Similar to GB in that the Niners will be desperate. Probably even more desperate given their division and injuries on defense. I think they find a way to win but it's tough to pick against Philly. That offense is something and against banged up/suspended 49er's defense they should put up a lot of points.

Pats @ Chiefs (Monday Night) - New England always finds a way to win the ugly close games. I can't stand them but they are always there. It figures to be a similar one this week with New England winning.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
AP finishes 10-6, I was 9-7, KS was 8-8. Didi was 3-13. Nehmeth we can start you fresh or something like 26-22 (1 game worse than the bottomfeeders that KS and myself are).

AP at 31-17
DF and KS at 27-21
Nehmeth at 26-22
Didi at 19-29

Well, If I keep sticking with the 49ers.. my little sprint will bring me back to te pack.. good grief.. There needs to be a change with that team.. no identity on Offense but Darth you keep tellin me we have talent .. The 49ers need playmakers at the wide out position.. and an Offensive line upgrade.. we have Jonathan Martin staring at a right tackle.. :mad:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I agree about the 49ers offense. I think Vernon Davis is a stud and Crabtree and Boldin are good but not great. Ditto with Gore who is still a good back at age 31 which is surprising in this day and age. Add it up and you have a good offense but not a very explosive one and losing a couple offensive linemen hurts them bad.

But the bigger issue is the defense. That has definitely been the strength of the team since Harbaugh got there and now with injuries and suspensions there is no way they can be as strong as they've been the past few years. I'm glad they finally got the memo and shelved McDonald, they were starting to look bad.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ I agree about the 49ers offense. I think Vernon Davis is a stud and Crabtree and Boldin are good but not great. Ditto with Gore who is still a good back at age 31 which is surprising in this day and age. Add it up and you have a good offense but not a very explosive one and losing a couple offensive linemen hurts them bad.

But the bigger issue is the defense. That has definitely been the strength of the team since Harbaugh got there and now with injuries and suspensions there is no way they can be as strong as they've been the past few years. I'm glad they finally got the memo and shelved McDonald, they were starting to look bad.

No.. the defense holds the fort down.. but they cant be on the field forever if the Offense cant put up points.. I sent a linl last week where the 49ers rank in red zone efficiency ..its horrific.. if it was for decent field goal kickers,, that number would be worst.. Those receivers arent playmakers.. I am talking Brandon Marshall , Calvin Johnson or Josh Gordon.. (You know I wish we can squeeze another two years out of someone like a TO who still can stretch the field.. all Crabtree does is play underneath, never catch a end of game pass(reference the Superbowl, last year playoffs vs Seattle ot the Bears game a few weeks ago.. this team should avg 30 plus on offense.. we Dont

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The defense is barely holding the fort down and the fort collapsed vs. the only good offense they faced so far. We will see how they cope with the Eagles. A win could right the ship and get them confident but a loss and their season is already in jeopardy. All in all that defense will not be great until they get Bowman and Aldon Smith back and then who knows what shape they're in.

Everyone wishes they could have Megatron, Gordon or Marshall. The 49ers could use even lesser receivers then those guys like a Desean Jackson or someone who can make huge plays. They don't have the personnel to put up 30+ on average. Kaepernick can play like a superstar at times but teams are starting to shut down his running more (at least teams outside of the hapless Packers D).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The defense is barely holding the fort down and the fort collapsed vs. the only good offense they faced so far. We will see how they cope with the Eagles. A win could right the ship and get them confident but a loss and their season is already in jeopardy. All in all that defense will not be great until they get Bowman and Aldon Smith back and then who knows what shape they're in.

Everyone wishes they could have Megatron, Gordon or Marshall. The 49ers could use even lesser receivers then those guys like a Desean Jackson or someone who can make huge plays. They don't have the personnel to put up 30+ on average. Kaepernick can play like a superstar at times but teams are starting to shut down his running more (at least teams outside of the hapless Packers D).

the Niners will beat the snot out of the Eagles..

Didi

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
3-13 must be a tennisfrontier-all time low and who's better qualified than Jim Mora the legend himself to hold the speech as I am too embarrassed to do it myself.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

Thanks Jim! I figured I was going to be crap but this is some serious embarrassment... At the very least I'm still way ahead of the 0-16 Lions. A nice feeling to know there is always somebody worse than you! Congratulations to AP, 31-17 is a solid record so far compared to last season's pick'em challenge when Darth took the top position with 33-15 after 3 rounds and never looked back. I've been reading and watching tons of season previews, power rankings, injury updates and game analyses these days in order to mount an incredible comeback. Watch out my nerdy football fellas, Didi is coming after you! ;)

Giants@Redskins
Packers@Bears
Bills@Texans
Titans@Colts
Panthers@Ravens
Lions@Jets
Buccaneers@Steelers
Dolphins@Raiders
Jaguars@Chargers
Eagles@49ers
Falcons@Vikings
Saints@Cowboys
Patriots@Chiefs

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Giants @ Skins - Skins
Bills @ Texans - Texans
Packers @ Bears -The Bears cant beat the Pack in a box with a fox while on a boat with a goat, get my point.. They can't beat the Pack anywherer
Titans @ Colts - Indy
Bucs @ Steelers - the Steelers
Falcons @ Vikings - Falcons but i would be surprised if the hometeam pulls this one out
Saints @ Cowboys - Saints.
Lions @ Jets - I like the Jets
Dolphins @ Raiders - Raiders has got to win something
Eagles @ Niners - Niners match up well with Chip and his gang
Pats @ Chiefs (Monday Night) - the Pats because they can always use their hidden filmed of the Andy Reid's scimmage

This a very tough week.. I will be happy to go get 7 correct

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Pats @ Chiefs (Monday Night) - New England always finds a way to win the ugly close games.

Until they don't, like the wk 1 Miami game.

Anyway, week 4:
Giants @ Skins - D.C.
Bills @ Texans - Texans
Packers @ Bears - Pack
Titans @ Colts - Indy
Bucs @ Steelers - Steelers
Saints @ Cowboys - Saints
Lions @ Jets - Lions
Dolphins @ Raiders - Raiders
Eagles @ Niners - Niners
Pats @ Chiefs - Pats

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I don't know a lot about football so don't mind me, I might post these from time to time just for fun and my own curiosity;)

Giants @ Skins - Giants
Bills @ Texans - Texans
Packers @ Bears - Bears
Titans @ Colts - Colts
Bucs @ Steelers - Steelers
Saints @ Cowboys - Saints
Lions @ Jets - Jets
Dolphins @ Raiders - Raiders
Eagles @ Niners - Niners
Pats @ Chiefs - Chiefs

Didi

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Welcome Billie! Great that you joined our team! Don't worry, it's all about fun. By the way you and me were the only two members to pick the Giants over the Redskins. Looks good so far as the Giants are heading into halftime with a 24-7 lead and will get the ball next. Seems safe to say I am going to improve on my recent 3-13 showing. :snigger

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Thanks Didi! I am sure that you won't be at the bottom anymore since I joined in. ;)

Wow we got the Giants right, in my case it is the beginner's luck I am sure!

That poor Washington QB won't sleep very well tonight.:snigger

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Steelers laid an egg letting a winless TB get a victory.

The Boys are putting on a clinic in the 1st half. 24-0 over the Saints

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
KS is 7-5 going into tonight
Billie is 6-6
AP is 6-6
Didi is 5-7
DarthFed is 8-4
Nehmeth is a blazing 9-3 (good job, glad you haven't been participating until now :)

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Could be 9-4 after this, but I'm picking the Pats to win. Andy the Walrus Reid's team playing at home may take it.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Thursday, October 2
Vikings @ Packers

Sunday, October 5
Bills @ Lions
Ravens @ Colts
Browns @ Titans
Bears @ Panthers
Texans @ Cowboys
Steelers @ Jaguars
Buccaneers @ Saints
Falcons @ Giants
Rams @ Eagles
Cardinals @ Broncos
Chiefs @ 49ers
Jets @ Chargers
Bengals @ Patriots

Monday, October 6
Seahawks @ Redskins

I may change a couple of these in the next day or two, but for now....

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:

Yeah I was shocked by Cowboys and Saints though I didn't see the game. Most of the good yet desperate 1-2 teams won yesterday (GB, San Fran, Indy) but the Saints got leveled. Going 1-2 is a bad start, but going 1-3 is cause to panic. You can't look ahead of a single opponent but you do need to look ahead when it comes to final record and think that at 1-3 you probably need to at least go 9-3 the rest of the way to have a chance at making the playoffs.

The one thing working in the Saints favor is that the division appears to be weak on the whole. I think Carolina is coming back down to Earth after last year and Atlanta is a very good offense and a very bad defense (ie 9-7 or 10-6 at best).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:

Yeah I was shocked by Cowboys and Saints though I didn't see the game. Most of the good yet desperate 1-2 teams won yesterday (GB, San Fran, Indy) but the Saints got leveled. Going 1-2 is a bad start, but going 1-3 is cause to panic. You can't look ahead of a single opponent but you do need to look ahead when it comes to final record and think that at 1-3 you probably need to at least go 9-3 the rest of the way to have a chance at making the playoffs.

The one thing working in the Saints favor is that the division appears to be weak on the whole. I think Carolina is coming back down to Earth after last year and Atlanta is a very good offense and a very bad defense (ie 9-7 or 10-6 at best).

the next time I pick the Raiders can one of you have me tested for controlled substances, was I high on cough syrup or what.. As for the Saints,, I think the Saints can turn this around.. As for the Cowboys.. give them time.. the true Boys will surface very soon

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Saints miss Sproles badly. With Brees throwing 260 passes a game it was huge to be able to dump it down to the speed demon when Graham or Colston aren't open.

Brees is still very good and I think he will turn it around but it has to be soon... Totally agree about the Cowboys, we've seen this show before, in fact we've seen it pretty much 10 years in a row almost.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 365
britbox Other Sports 518