NFL Pick'em Challenge

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Alright we are just 2 nights away. The Pick'em was pretty popular last year but had next to no one the year before when KS was gifted victory :cool:

Week 1:

GB @ Seattle - Revenge for that disgrace 2 years ago?? It will be difficult and probably won't happen. Seattle will be pumped and they are very good at jumping on teams early at home and it's tough to come back. So for GB the first quarter is very important. Seattle wins this one

Saints @ Falcons - Another good one and tough to call. Even in a dome New Orleans is much different away from home. No reason to think Atlanta won't be decent this year. They have the receivers back and that will be a boost. I think Atlanta takes it.

Vikings @ Rams - Rams
Browns @ Steelers - Pitt
Jaguars @ Eagles - Eagles
Raiders @ Jets - Jets. Interesting that the Raiders starting Carr ahead of Schaub. Probably be a few tough weeks to start

Bengals @ Ravens - Bengals. Ravens don't figure to be good again anytime soon.

Bills @ Bears - Bears
Redskins @ Texans - Texans get a win
Titans @ Chiefs - KC, but I could see an upset here.
Pats @ Dolphins - Pats
Panthers @ Bucs - Bucs, they should improve this year
49ers @ Cowboys - This will be another good one and tough to call. SF's defense is going to be in shambles for awhile and they might start the year bad. I think Dallas wins.

Colts @ Broncos - Good matchup but Denver at home will be almost impossible to beat and Indy's not doing it.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well , All I can say is can we have a challenge that the next NFL player to get suspended will be a 49er.. Good Grief.. Bill Walsh has to be turning over in his grave.. Yikess.. That being said.. We still have Patrick Willis, Frank Gore and the rest of those weak sissies(yeah, I called them sissies because they lay down for the Seahawks when they go up to the Pacific Northwest.

But I do know football so here is my two cents.

Week 1:

GB @ Seattle - Seahawks will cruicify the Packers.(Although, Arod and Russell Wilson are two of my favorite QBs)
Saints @ Falcons - Saints own these chumps.
Vikings @ Rams - Vikings
Browns @ Steelers - Pitt
Jaguars @ Eagles - Eagles
Raiders @ Jets - Jets
Bengals @ Ravens - Bengals but Ravens could pull an upset
Bills @ Bears - Bears
Redskins @ Texans - I like da Skins in a close one
Titans @ Chiefs - Chiefs
Pats @ Dolphins - Pats
Panthers @ Bucs - Panthers but another close one
49ers @ Cowboys -Niners: Jim will have my team up for the Boys.. (not if its an offensive output like Denver over Dallas last year.
Colts @ Broncos - Broncos but Indy will play hard

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Gifted. :snigger Just can't accept the fact that I kicked his arse fair & square. :lolz:

Picks for week 1:
GB @ Seattle - Hawks
Saints @ Falcons - Saints
Vikings @ Rams - Rams
Browns @ Steelers - Pitt
Jags @ Eagles - Eagles
Raiders @ Jets - Jets
Bengals @ Ravens - Cinci
Bills @ Bears - Bears
Redskins @ Texans - Texans
Titans @ Chiefs - Chiefs
Pats @ Dolphins - Brady
Panthers @ Bucs - Bucs
49ers @ Cowboys - Boys
Colts @ Broncos - Peyton

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Guess it might just be us 3 this year? Trying to remember who was all in it last year, I know Didi and BB were but anyone else consistently pick with us?

Tough game yesterday, Beast Mode shredded the Packers defense and Rodgers was out of sorts. Seattle's defense will do that. Figured they'd lose but thought it'd be closer. Onto week 2 for them, Jets at home, good way to recover I hope :)

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Britbox picked regularly last year. You might want to send him a pm and grant him immunity for missing Thurs game. There were a couple of other people who picked a week or 2, but not for the whole season.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry AP and KS but I've done it again...forgot to include the Monday night games.

New York Giants @ Detroit - Detroit wins

San Diego @ Arizona - Tough one to call but will go with Arizona

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Sorry AP and KS but I've done it again...forgot to include the Monday night games.

New York Giants @ Detroit - Detroit wins

San Diego @ Arizona - Tough one to call but will go with Arizona

Lions and Cardinals(However.. I still dont trust Carson Palmer)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
KS takes Lions and Cards also.

AP is guaranteed to win this week. Good work.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Talk about laying eggs yesterday. Some of these teams could 0-2 by next Monday. The Bears have to play 49ers @ Frisco for the Sun night game. Can't believe Pats, Rams and Chiefs couldn't get off the mat.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Talk about laying eggs yesterday. Some of these teams could 0-2 by next Monday. The Bears have to play 49ers @ Frisco for the Sun night game. Can't believe Pats, Rams and Chiefs couldn't get off the mat.

Huh.. The Rams dont have a QB.. I am sure that Skip bayless will began the Tim Tebow campaign talk again..

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
^ There are some teams w/ a QB and they still laid an egg. Besides, who listens to Bayless anyway?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
:laydownlaughing
kskate2 said:
^ There are some teams w/ a QB and they still laid an egg. Besides, who listens to Bayless anyway?

:laydownlaughing

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The Bears were the big upset this week. Smaller ones are New England and New Orleans losing. But Chicago is turning into Dallas as far as how overrated they are going into every season. Cutler is like Romo and both defenses are really bad now.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Onto week 2:

Steelers @ Ravens (Thursday) Tough one to call, both teams on their way down. Guess I will take Baltimore at home

Dolphins @ Bills - Dolphins
Jags @ Redskins - Redskins
Cowboys @ Titans - Titans
Cards @ Giants - Giants win one at home
Pats @ Vikings - I will say Pats just because they will be desperate not to start 0-2 but Minny has my attention this year. Patterson is a stud and no more Pondering with Ponder. Cassel isn't good but he isn't Ponder either

Saints @ Browns - Saints
Falcons @ Bengals - Bengals
Lions @ Panthers - Cam should be back, tough one to call but will take Carolina
Rans @ Bucs - Bucs
Seahawks @ Chargers - Seahawks
Texans @ Raiders - Texans
Jets @ Green Bay - Packers
Chiefs @ Broncos - Broncos
Bears @ 49ers - Got to go with San Fran. Their defense still looks good but we will see how much of that was facing Romo.

Eagles @ Colts - Exciting game here, will take Indy.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Steelers @ Ravens (Thursday) Steelers
Dolphins @ Bills - Dolphins
Jags @ Redskins - Redskins
Cowboys @ Titans - Cowboys..Romo sucks but they can't be this bad
Cards @ Giants - Cards.. the Giants are awful
Pats @ Vikings - Pats rebound I think:huh:
Saints @ Browns - Saints by 30
Falcons @ Bengals - Bengals
Lions @ Panthers - Panthers
Rans @ Bucs - Bucs
Seahawks @ Chargers - SuperChargers in an upset
Texans @ Raiders - Texans
Jets @ Green Bay - Packers
Chiefs @ Broncos - Broncos
Bears @ 49ers - 49ers
Eagles @ Colts - Colts

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Was kind of tempted to take San Diego too but Seahawks truly seem like they will be the first team in awhile that doesn't have the Super Bowl hangover. Early to say ater one week but I sense they are hungry for more and you don't always get that with the SB winning team the following season.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Was kind of tempted to take San Diego too but Seahawks truly seem like they will be the first team in awhile that doesn't have the Super Bowl hangover. Early to say ater one week but I sense they are hungry for more and you don't always get that with the SB winning team the following season.

You know San Diego always plays a couple of games during the season like they are a contender for just a quick minute.. The game that concerns me is the Philly at Indy game.. I have some concerns about Indy on defense

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Philly and Indy should be entertaining, most likely a shootout. And I hear you about San Diego, it'd be really frustrating to be a Chargers fan watching them lose tons of winnable games before they turn it on near the end of the year. They've been that type of team for almost 10 years now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 365
britbox Other Sports 518