DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
when-you-realize-you-wont-be-getting-a-fast-food-40536455.png

Reactions: Moxie

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
NFL now may allow reviews for flags going forward. What a fucking joke this league has become. It actually took the refs playing a significant role in both games for them to determine in 2019 that they should allow flags to be challenged. Any doubt the SB will be another crap game? I just hope they fuck over the Pats.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
NFL now may allow reviews for flags going forward. What a fucking joke this league has become. It actually took the refs playing a significant role in both games for them to determine in 2019 that they should allow flags to be challenged. Any doubt the SB will be another crap game? I just hope they fuck over the Pats.

I probably won't even watch! I was so disgusted w/ the officiating of both conference games! It sucks & I refuse to even deal w/ the SB! :whistle:

Reactions: DarthFed

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not sure why anyone thought the Chiefs would win yesterday. I knew early on this year they'd go nowhere with that defense.

Funny, I seem to recall you and others saying KC could win as long as they had home field throughout the playoffs.

The irony is that other than the win over Indy, with Coach Reid the Chiefs IIRC had been 0-7 on playoff games at home. That’s like the worst playoff record of any top NFL coach.

As to the PATS, Belichik had a masterly first half shutting down the K.C. offense.

Saw that KC fired their defensive coordinator, which considering how Brady’s uniform was as pristine at the end of the game as the beginning is not surprising.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Funny, I seem to recall you and others saying KC could win as long as they had home field throughout the playoffs.

The irony is that other than the win over Indy, with Coach Reid the Chiefs IIRC had been 0-7 on playoff games at home. That’s like the worst playoff record of any top NFL coach.

As to the PATS, Belichik had a masterly first half shutting down the K.C. offense.

Saw that KC fired their defensive coordinator, which considering how Brady’s uniform was as pristine at the end of the game as the beginning is not surprising.

I said they'd only have a chance with homefield and that was also with Kareem Hunt in the mix. Also, didn't know for sure they'd be up against New England and obviously the winter football was only going to hurt KC's chances since they are a historic passing offense.

I think NE's game plan may be getting too much credit. It was expected that Mahomes would be too amped up and start the game poorly, but he was dreadful for the whole first half. The difference between the two halves was simply Mahomes.

And regarding Reid, he has had his team underperform/ wet the bed many times in the playoffs before. This was just the most recent example. I'd dump him and go for a younger coach. With Mahomes they'd have pick of the litter. That guy is a Favre clone in this era.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I said they'd only have a chance with homefield and that was also with Kareem Hunt in the mix. Also, didn't know for sure they'd be up against New England and obviously the winter football was only going to hurt KC's chances since they are a historic passing offense.

I think NE's game plan may be getting too much credit. It was expected that Mahomes would be too amped up and start the game poorly, but he was dreadful for the whole first half. The difference between the two halves was simply Mahomes.

And regarding Reid, he has had his team underperform/ wet the bed many times in the playoffs before. This was just the most recent example. I'd dump him and go for a younger coach. With Mahomes they'd have pick of the litter. That guy is a Favre clone in this era.

I’d say Reid gets a couple more shots but that is going to hurt KC . It seemed even with a poor defense this could have been their year.

The one thing I will say about KC, their legacy is the one football/ tennis sports connection. Clark’s father, Lamar Hunt, was an early big mover and shaker during the birth of professional tennis in the late 60’s.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I’d say Reid gets a couple more shots but that is going to hurt KC . It seemed even with a poor defense this could have been their year.

The one thing I will say about KC, their legacy is the one football/ tennis sports connection. Clark’s father, Lamar Hunt, was an early big mover and shaker during the birth of professional tennis in the late 60’s.

I agree they'll stick with Reid but they shouldn't. The team came out flat and pathetic on Sunday and he has an awful playoff record.

Being a Packers fan all these years I know all too well that a team can't win it all with an awful defense. If they had gotten by the Pats they'd have lost the SB for sure. I'm sure the Pats will somehow pull off more magic though they are outgunned on paper in this one too. The paper doesn't matter when Palpatine is on the sidelines. This Ram's coach Mcvay is going to be something special too though.

Reactions: Jelenafan

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
What's your take on the draft @DarthFed? Fairly happy with the Raiders picks. Nice to have three first rounders!

Not too happy with the picks. The Packers used free agency this year to bolster the defense, bringing in a good safety and a couple pass rushing LB's and they spent A LOT to do it.

Now they draft another pass rusher and a safety. It'd be one thing if the team didn't have glaring holes on offense but it does, starting Tight end, OL depth and WR depth. This was definitely a good draft for tight ends. Graham is completely washed up, should have drafted one here IMO. Maybe they still take one soon in which case I suggest selecting the biggest, most athletic guy available.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Not too happy with the picks. The Packers used free agency this year to bolster the defense, bringing in a good safety and a couple pass rushing LB's and they spent A LOT to do it.

Now they draft another pass rusher and a safety. It'd be one thing if the team didn't have glaring holes on offense but it does, starting Tight end, OL depth and WR depth. This was definitely a good draft for tight ends. Graham is completely washed up, should have drafted one here IMO. Maybe they still take one soon in which case I suggest selecting the biggest, most athletic guy available.

Well what else should they do; plan ahead and draft another QB? They've lost playoff game after playoff game due to their anemic defense; all flash with blondie making a play here and there! You can't fault Rodgers, even though a putz IRL! He's put up stellar numbers only to lose the game due to the players on the other side of the ball's inability to stop the opposition when it really counted at the end! I live in Bear Country, but had a lot of admiration for him; early on at least! These last few years have exposed his character or lack thereof! He pushes blame to his past coach and teammates! That's a "No No" in everyone's book! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :rolleyes:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well what else should they do; plan ahead and draft another QB? They've lost playoff game after playoff game due to their anemic defense; all flash with blondie making a play here and there! You can't fault Rodgers, even though a putz IRL! He's put up stellar numbers only to lose the game due to the players on the other side of the ball's inability to stop the opposition when it really counted at the end! I live in Bear Country, but had a lot of admiration for him; early on at least! These last few years have exposed his character or lack thereof! He pushes blame to his past coach and teammates! That's a "No No" in everyone's book! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :rolleyes:

They should try to improve as many weaknesses as they can is the obvious answer.

And I hear you about Rodgers. He's definitely become more of a diva over time and less of a leader. He doesn't play with the same chip on his shoulder. If Rodgers sucks again next year I'd be all for the Packers drafting a QB of the future.