NFL Pick and Pass Tournament

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
/images/nflpickem.jpg
Welcome to the NFL Pick and Pass Tournament on Discuss.Tennis
This will be an Annual tournament and is slightly different from the usual "Pick the results" type of game.
The Rules
One player picks 7 games from the week's matches for the other competitors to predict.  Each match picked must be a match played on a Sunday.

All players (including the player who chose the games) predict the 7 results. 1 point is awarded for picking the winning team.... + 3 bonus points for 6 correct picks or a +5 point bonus for 7 correct picks in a given week.

The player picking the 7 matches will be done in order of sign up to the competition.  If there are more than eight players, then the first eight pick the matches during the course of the season.

This is a regular season competition. There will be a separate knock out competition for the playoffs.
Prize Money
A staggering $20 in the form of an Amazon gift card to the champion of this comp.

How to join?

Predict on this thread, the first week's results from the following matches:

Jaguars at Ravens
Panthers at Titans
Vikings at Raiders
Browns at Steelers
Bears at Rams
Lions at Packers
Chiefs at Broncos

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Britbox Picks:

Jaguars at Ravens - Ravens
Panthers at Titans - Panthers
Vikings at Raiders - Raiders
Browns at Steelers - Steelers
Bears at Rams - Rams
Lions at Packers - Packers
Chiefs at Broncos - Broncos

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
NFL Fans - sign up today... bit of fun, a bit of prize money in the tennis off-season.

@shawnbm @mrzz @edbergsghost @brokenshoelace @federberg @claydeath @moxie @twisted @kiuk @mastorr @billie @herios @mogh @jay-satr @fiero425 @atttomole @michael-vanzutphen @denis @mikecase @mashafan @catchla @mikeone
@isabelle @calitennis127 @martyb @racketsandstrings @lovesetmatch @jordangray @scoop @teddytennisfan @tenfan63 @billdow @wcjohnsonbemer @andrew-voss @alien @jesuslookslikeborg @hoergren @huntingyou @asmodeus @xandervex

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
11449 said:
Britbox Picks: Jaguars at Ravens – Ravens Panthers at Titans – Panthers Vikings at Raiders – Raiders Browns at Steelers – Steelers Bears at Rams – Rams Lions at Packers – Packers Chiefs at Broncos – Broncos

Jags @ Ravens - Ravens

Panthers @ Titans - Going with Carolina but this has upset potential.  Mariota is surprisingly decent and it could be a letdown for Carolina.

Vikings @ Raiders - Sounds like Bridgewater will play but that's not a big deal, this game is about AP running and Oakland's offense against Minny's great defense.  I think Oakland pulls it off at home.

Browns @ Steelers - No Biker Ben but Steelers win anyways, a loss here would be a big blow.

Bears @ Rams - Rams.

Lions @ GB - The next 2 weeks are telling for GB.  If they blow out Detroit and beat Minnesota on the road I'd consider the ship somewhat righted and they'd be in line for the #2 seed.  If they barely squeak past Detroit and lose to Minnesota it'd be time to panic.  If they somehow lose both then maybe we'd be lucky enough to be rid of the retarded coaching staff that should've been gone years ago.  They should win on Sunday vs. a team that would be wise to tank the rest of the year.

Chiefs @ Broncos - Broncos rebound.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
So somebody picks 7 games being played on a Sunday and we all make our own picks?  Is that it @britbox ?  And we have time till 1st of these matches start?

I am going to be brave with these 7...I am just thinking on them right now ;-)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
11470 said:
So somebody picks 7 games being played on a Sunday and we all make our own picks? Is that it @britbox ? And we have time till 1st of these matches start? I am going to be brave with these 7…I am just thinking on them right now
wpml_wink.gif

Yes, a player picks the 7 matches and all players predicts the Winner of each match. As Twisted was the 2nd player, he will pick the following week's matches... and you will choose the 7 matches, the week after... and so on.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Very well BB...here it goes for this week:

Jaguars at Ravens - Ravens
Panthers at Titans - Titans
Vikings at Raiders - Raiders
Browns at Steelers - Steelers
Bears at Rams - Rams
Lions at Packers - Packers
Chiefs at Broncos - Broncos 
(but hope I am wrong)

I am still contemplating picking Vikings, I don't know why.  I'll leave it for now.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
11512 said:
Very well BB…here it goes for this week: Jaguars at Ravens – Ravens Panthers at Titans – Titans Vikings at Raiders – Raiders Browns at Steelers – Steelers Bears at Rams – Rams Lions at Packers – Packers Chiefs at Broncos – Broncos (but hope I am wrong) I am still contemplating picking Vikings, I don’t know why. I’ll leave it for now.
Alright, I don't really like NFL football, but I'll play.

Jaguars at Ravens – Ravens
Panthers at Titans – Panthers
Vikings at Raiders – Raiders
Browns at Steelers – Steelers
Bears at Rams – Rams
Lions at Packers – Packers
Chiefs at Broncos – Broncos

I just basically copied off of Billie and changed one.   :wacko:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
11702 said:
Billie wrote:
Very well BB…here it goes for this week: Jaguars at Ravens – Ravens Panthers at Titans – Titans Vikings at Raiders – Raiders Browns at Steelers – Steelers Bears at Rams – Rams Lions at Packers – Packers Chiefs at Broncos – Broncos (but hope I am wrong) I am still contemplating picking Vikings, I don’t know why. I’ll leave it for now.
Alright, I don’t really like NFL football, but I’ll play. Jaguars at Ravens – Ravens Panthers at Titans – Panthers Vikings at Raiders – Raiders Browns at Steelers – Steelers Bears at Rams – Rams Lions at Packers – Packers Chiefs at Broncos – Broncos I just basically copied off of Billie and changed one.
wpml_wacko.gif

LOL Moxie, it didn't help you or me or the guys.  You all had 2 correct picks and I had only 1, so good for you for picking Panthers.

At the end of the day I lied and said that I would be brave but I chickened out and didn't pick Vikings and Chiefs :wacko:

Bloody Bears decide to play the game of the year, and bloody Packs lose to Detroit at home for the first time since 1991.

We might as well pick randomly next time LOL

And don't worry Moxie, I don't know a lot about football, but I'll make my pick and you can see what the guys pick and then just pick whatever you like. :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
11710 said:
Moxie wrote:
<blockquote>
Billie wrote:
Alright, I don’t really like NFL football, but I’ll play. Jaguars at Ravens – Ravens Panthers at Titans – Panthers Vikings at Raiders – Raiders Browns at Steelers – Steelers Bears at Rams – Rams Lions at Packers – Packers Chiefs at Broncos – Broncos I just basically copied off of Billie and changed one.
wpml_wacko.gif
</blockquote>
LOL Moxie, it didn’t help you or me or the guys. You all had 2 correct picks and I had only 1, so good for you for picking Panthers. At the end of the day I lied and said that I would be brave but I chickened out and didn’t pick Vikings and Chiefs
wpml_wacko.gif
Bloody Bears decide to play the game of the year, and bloody Packs lose to Detroit at home for the first time since 1991. We might as well pick randomly next time LOL And don’t worry Moxie, I don’t know a lot about football, but I’ll make my pick and you can see what the guys pick and then just pick whatever you like.
wpml_smile.gif
Hilarious that the one I (randomly) picked against you I got right.  Just wait...I'll start paying attention, and then you all better watch out.  LOL!  I actually do have teams I like.  Redskins, Saints, Pats, Ravens, Broncos.  NY teams by default.  From there I root for my friends' teams, except for Sean, who is a Cowboys fan, and, as a Redskins woman, I have to draw the line. :negative:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Scores on the doors...

Jags 22 Baltimore 20
Pts: Britbox (0) Twisted (0) Billie (0) Moxie (0)

Panthers 27 Titans 10
Pts: Britbox (1) Twisted (1) Billie (0) Moxie (1)

Vikings 30 Raiders 14

Browns 9 Steelers 30
Pts: Britbox (1) Twisted (1) Billie (1) Moxie (1)

Bears 37 Rams 13

Lions 18 Packers 16

Chiefs 29 Broncos 13

Leaderboard:

Britbox 2
Moxie 2
Twisted 2
Billie 1

A pretty diabolical performance all around!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
11720 said:
Especially by the Ravens, Packers and Broncos.  :(

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Packers make me friggin sick.  Clear cut example of the coaches losing the players.  If Rodgers doesn't play like a deity (and he has played far from it this year) the team is worthless.  He's been keeping this terrible crew employed far too long.  There is no leadership or emotion on this team, they get physically manhandled on a weekly basis and that leads to the 5th straight season of chronic underachieving.  Assuming they get drilled next week they will be out of the division race and in serious jeopardy of missing the playoffs.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
11721 said:
britbox wrote:
Especially by the Ravens, Packers and Broncos. :(

Yeah, that's a good word. :scratch:

Ravens lost narrowly, well they can do that.  Payton Manning was playing for 2 historic records and that may have influenced this game, but I watched Chiefs play in London destroying Detroit and I was itching to pick them, but because of their poor record and it was in Denver I thought - better not.  But the shocker for me was Packers loss at home.

Ok twisted, it is now your turn to pick and please pick some easier games than what BB did in our inaugural week. B-)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
If tanking this season is what it takes for change then I'd be all for it.  Instead I see us struggling to a pathetic 10-6 or 9-7 and either barely making the playoffs to get slaughtered in the 1st or 2nd round or missing them and there won't be any changes because the front office and coaches are horrific.

Raiders @ Lions - Raiders

Bucs @ Eagles - Eagles

Broncos @ Bears - Bears

Chiefs @ Chargers - Chiefs

49ers @ Seahawks - Seahawks

Packers @ Vikings - Easiest one of the week, Minnesota in a blowout.

Bengals @ Cards - Bengals undefeated season comes to an end. Cards win this one.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Hopefully I can't get much worse than week 1 ;-)  Luckily you didn't get so much ahead of me LOL

Here we go, time to rebound:

Raiders @ Lions – Lions

Bucs @ Eagles – Eagles

Broncos @ Bears – Broncos

Chiefs @ Chargers – Chiefs

49ers @ Seahawks – Seahawks

Packers @ Vikings – Vikings

Bengals @ Cards - Cardinals

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Raiders @ Lions – Raiders