NFL Pick and Pass 2017/2018

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gruden is going to Oakland. I don't think they would have canned Del Rio without the Gruden deal being done behind the scenes. I loved Gruden in his first stint at the Raiders... Can't wait for this to become official.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Gruden is going to Oakland. I don't think they would have canned Del Rio without the Gruden deal being done behind the scenes. I loved Gruden in his first stint at the Raiders... Can't wait for this to become official.
BB.. Did you have a problem when Gruden left the Raiders to go to TB.? My thoughts were if I recall correctly .. Rich Gannon and the offensive coordinator really were running the same plays that Gruden had left in place prior to his departure. That game vs TB in the SB was a complete disaster. A lot of Raiders fans were pissed even though Gruden cant be blamed for that game. I think Gruden is a good coach but he is no BILL (WALSH, Belechiek or even Parcells)

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
BB.. Did you have a problem when Gruden left the Raiders to go to TB.? My thoughts were if I recall correctly .. Rich Gannon and the offensive coordinator really were running the same plays that Gruden had left in place prior to his departure. That game vs TB in the SB was a complete disaster. A lot of Raiders fans were pissed even though Gruden cant be blamed for that game. I think Gruden is a good coach but he is no BILL (WALSH, Belechiek or even Parcells)

You're right, Gruden knew all the plays the Raiders were calling during that Super Bowl. John Lynch, the Bucs safety was even miked up congratulating him.

I was never angry with Gruden. I was pissed with Al Davis for trading him away. Al Davis was a terrible owner in the second half of his time as an owner... he was great before free agency and real bad after it... although most Raider fans will have you believe the sun shined out of his ass 24/7.

Gruden is no Walsh, Parcells but I think he's a good fit for Oakland. Not just on the coaching side but to sell tickets in Oakland before the Vegas move.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
They've cleaned house aside from McCarthy who they gave a 1 year extension to this season. So now the idiot is under contract until 2019. One final "fuck you" from Ted Thompson. Also there are reports surfacing around here that Ted was forced out by the board of directors and that a big part of it is concerns for his health. So the rumors about him having dementia may have merit. Yeah, we had a guy with dementia running everything for years. Fucking brilliant. Hope decent times ahead for GB finally but the chief head of this flimsy Hydra is still there.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They've cleaned house aside from McCarthy who they gave a 1 year extension to this season. So now the idiot is under contract until 2019. One final "fuck you" from Ted Thompson. Also there are reports surfacing around here that Ted was forced out by the board of directors and that a big part of it is concerns for his health. So the rumors about him having dementia may have merit. Yeah, we had a guy with dementia running everything for years. Fucking brilliant. Hope decent times ahead for GB finally but the chief head of this flimsy Hydra is still there.

Who was your biggest hump with - McCarthy or Thompson?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It was McCarthy for most years but Thompson was becoming a bigger worry. The personnel decisions the last two offseasons were nightmarish and his drafts have not been good for many years now.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Raiders are supposed to announcing Gruden as Head Coach on Tuesday. $10 million a year on a ten year contract.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw that. Quite an incredible contract. Gruden can definitely coach but the worry is he's been gone for awhile. The game has changed a lot since he was in Tampa.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw that. Quite an incredible contract. Gruden can definitely coach but the worry is he's been gone for awhile. The game has changed a lot since he was in Tampa.

Yep, agreed... although I think he's kept his finger on the pulse even outside the game... it's not a Joe Gibbs type scenario where he totally bunked out and then came back. I think his staff hirings will be a big factor but I also think his relationship with Derek Carr could make a big difference - nurturing a promising Quarterback to take the next step.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah I do think he will do well. But there is thaf worry and he is going to a team with high expectations so it'd be tough if there is a lost season as Gruden adjusts.

I was surprised the defense didn't progress last year. What do you think they need to fix?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
What's your take on the playoff picture?

Tough to see anyone but New England in the AFC. They just completely own The Steelers and the remaining teams lack great QB's.

The NFC should be really interesting. I don't give Carolina any chance but the other teams have a shot with Minnesota and New Orleans being the most likely representatives IMO.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tough to see anyone but New England in the AFC. They just completely own The Steelers and the remaining teams lack great QB's.

The NFC should be really interesting. I don't give Carolina any chance but the other teams have a shot with Minnesota and New Orleans being the most likely representatives IMO.

Tough to look beyond the Pats, but I've got a slightly different take on the Steelers - I think they are the only team in the AFC who have a shot at upsetting New England. Pats were very lucky to win that regular season game. Still, the Pats will be favourite.

Great second half by the Titans and Marcus Mariota in seeing off KC.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Alex Smith tricked people into thinking he is good. I have a feeling his time in KC is up.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Tough to look beyond the Pats, but I've got a slightly different take on the Steelers - I think they are the only team in the AFC who have a shot at upsetting New England. Pats were very lucky to win that regular season game. Still, the Pats will be favourite.

Great second half by the Titans and Marcus Mariota in seeing off KC.

That game was at Pittsburgh and in crappy weather and they still choked miserably. Their main issue is that Roethlisberger is way past his best. I'd give them a 10% chance at best and that's if Brown is back. And now NE gets a second bye against the Titans

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That game was at Pittsburgh and in crappy weather and they still choked miserably. Their main issue is that Roethlisberger is way past his best. I'd give them a 10% chance at best and that's if Brown is back. And now NE gets a second bye against the Titans
Ben may be passed his prime but if he can get 4-5 secs of protection from his OL he is still in the top 5 of dangerous QBs.. Bottom line.. the Steelers are gonna run L Bell until he pukes.. He can soften any defense because he is such a load to tackle..

Hey BB.. I was in Best Buy and I ran into BEASTMODE Marshawn Lynch.. That is one thick dude.. I am 6 feet 185lbs and he made me look like a toothpick. I seriously doubt if Lynch or Crabtree comes back. As a matter of Fact. I would be Ok if Crabtree or both came over to the Niners.. We are gonna be better this year but we need a stud WO and another Patrick Willis on Defense.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ben may be passed his prime but if he can get 4-5 secs of protection from his OL he is still in the top 5 of dangerous QBs.. Bottom line.. the Steelers are gonna run L Bell until he pukes.. He can soften any defense because he is such a load to tackle..

Hey BB.. I was in Best Buy and I ran into BEASTMODE Marshawn Lynch.. That is one thick dude.. I am 6 feet 185lbs and he made me look like a toothpick. I seriously doubt if Lynch or Crabtree comes back. As a matter of Fact. I would be Ok if Crabtree or both came over to the Niners.. We are gonna be better this year but we need a stud WO and another Patrick Willis on Defense.

Lynch will be interesting... The Raiders really under-utilised him this year... but he's a loose cannon. Not sure if Gruden will want him or not, he's been a bit of negative locker room influence by some accounts.

I like Crab but he drops the ball too often - I'm not sure if Gruden will be as tolerant as Del Rio... but in fairness to Crab, he makes some great plays too and has been Carr's go-to-guy more often than not.

Niners got a lot better as the season unfolded... I think you'll do OK next year.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Lynch will be interesting... The Raiders really under-utilised him this year... but he's a loose cannon. Not sure if Gruden will want him or not, he's been a bit of negative locker room influence by some accounts.

I like Crab but he drops the ball too often - I'm not sure if Gruden will be as tolerant as Del Rio... but in fairness to Crab, he makes some great plays too and has been Carr's go-to-guy more often than not.

Niners got a lot better as the season unfolded... I think you'll do OK next year.
OK.. Hell We gonna win it all if we get some stud players

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Sherrif is back in town.

Gruden is infectious man... if he was selling bottles of air I'd be buying right now.