NBA Draft/Offseason

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Damn, they got Butler for pretty cheap. Minny is going to be a powerhouse in a year or two.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Damn, they got Butler for pretty cheap. Minny is going to be a powerhouse in a year or two.
Da Bulls are a cheap dumbass organization that got lucky Rod Thorn drafted Jordan before he bolted from that god forsaken group of derelicts. They will become the Pelicans or sixers of the past 10 plus years.WHO gives up an all star top 15 two way player just to move up 9 spots of draft position plus give up their first round pick

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This offseason continues to be crazy. CP3 was just dealt to the Rockets. I honestly think this is the 2nd worst fit in the NBA for Chris Paul next to being traded to the Thunder. Harden needs to dominate the ball to be effective. I don't see him wanting to share that role with CP3 and he is not really great without the ball.

I saw this article today and it explains a lot: http://deadspin.com/report-chris-paul-hated-austin-and-doc-rivers-1796493696

I like Doc Rivers but I've felt he has been majorly overrated for a long time. The Clips are done now and they will likely show him the door soon.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Thought this article was really interesting...
https://hoopshabit.com/2017/07/08/d...ssness-biggest-reason-for-warriors-greatness/
Particularly this bit...
"Many people rank basketball players based on how many areas of the game they dominate. Durant is better than Curry at protecting the rim, guarding the perimeter, rebounding, attacking the basket and getting to the free throw line. Curry is better at shooting, ball handling and passing. Hence, Durant is the better player.

But that doesn’t explain how a hobbled Curry was able to lead his team to a playoff series victory over a team led by a healthy Durant last year. It doesn’t explain why the Cavs chose, unrelentingly, to let Durant beat them instead of Curry. It doesn’t explain why the Warriors were +19.6 with Curry on the court during the postseason and -3.3 with him off, compared to +15.9 with Durant and +9.0 without him. During the regular season, those numbers were +18.5 and -2.2 for Curry, compared to +16.5 and +6.2 for Durant."

Anyone disagree?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It is an interesting article. But +/- can often be overrated even when comparing two players on the same team. Curry and Durant are both phenomenal but I do think KD is the better player for sure. He is a better scorer and all-around player. The man is scary efficient and can't really be stopped. Too quick for anyone bigger to handle and too tall and long even for LeBron and other great wing defenders to stop. He can shoot over the top of a shorter player all day and drive right around a taller guy. It's really that simple.

And he has improved all-around. I was impressed with his defense in the finals. Curry is more than just a great shooter too but he can be a liability on defense. He is underrated as a facilitator though. I have tons of respect for both of them but KD is the only guy in the league where if you have the choice between him and LeBron you maybe think about it for more than a split second...and then you still choose LeBron. That's my fancy way of saying he's a pretty close 2nd best player in the league.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree he's a better individual player, there's no question about that. I guess my thinking is, who would you rather build a team around? Asked another way, would the Warriors have become the team they are now if they had had KD and not Steph. The fact that injured he was still able to beat OKC in that close WC final the year before last is compelling to me. I know we can blame Westbrook for quite a bit of that, but it takes something special to be a leader, and somehow Steph has it. Also, I agree Steph isn't the two way player that a KD, or Lebron or Kawhi are, I think that Steph is underrated as a defensive player because of his lack of physicality. He's right up there in steals, and gets a decent amount of rebounds as well. But where he's truly underrated is how his defensive positioning often makes it much tougher for attackers to get the job done. In this less physical league it's actually more about positioning these days than people like to admit. I think there's a great romance about the greater physicality of the past, that's not what the league requires in this new era. Just a thought...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah it is truly possible that the Warriors would not have been nearly as great with just KD and not Curry. Clearly they all play amazing as a team and that was the case before Durant arrived. But I think if you have this same scenario across the league "with KD instead of Curry" most teams would be better off. But even that's tough to prove. It's definitely not like KD is much better than Curry or vice versa. It is close enough to argue.

I wouldn't use OKC against KD, that was maybe the worst team in the league for him to be on because Westbrook is delusional enough to think he is a better scoring option than Durant. That's the main reason that team underachieved.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah it is truly possible that the Warriors would not have been nearly as great with just KD and not Curry. Clearly they all play amazing as a team and that was the case before Durant arrived. But I think if you have this same scenario across the league "with KD instead of Curry" most teams would be better off. But even that's tough to prove. It's definitely not like KD is much better than Curry or vice versa. It is close enough to argue.

I wouldn't use OKC against KD, that was maybe the worst team in the league for him to be on because Westbrook is delusional enough to think he is a better scoring option than Durant. That's the main reason that team underachieved.
That's true. It's amazing the fall from grace Curry has had though. One minute he's getting unanimous MVP, then he gets killed for losing the final, and gets no pass whatsoever despite his obvious injury

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
AP's boy Uncle Drew is demanding a trade to get out of the shadow of LeBron. Cleveland is in ruin as it seems almost a given that LeBron bolts again after next year. And if they do trade Kyrie they are going to have to pull off some magic and get some serious talent in return or James is definitely gone.

All the rumors are that LeBron heads West, a welcome site that'd be.

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
AP'a boy Uncle Drew is demanding a trade to get out of the shadow of LeBron. Cleveland is in ruin as it seems almost a given that LeBron bolts again after next year. And if they do trade Kyrie they are going to have to pull off some magic and get some serious talent in return or James is definitely gone.

All the rumors are that LeBron heads West, a welcome site that'd be.

Lol! the East becomes more and more of a joke! I'm hearing that Kyrie wants to go to the Spurs. Surprising in a way, as he's so ball dominant. But if that's what he wants to do it implies he's willing to change his ways. Kawhi and Kyrie. Even the Dubs will have to take note of that, although I doubt it's enough

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It'd be weird if he goes there. I doubt Pops would want a ball-dominant PG who is just a scorer. Also he wants his own team, if he went to SA he'd still just be the 2nd best player on the team.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Can Isiah and Lebron live on the same team? I always thought IT was da man in Boston and now he will live in Lebron's shadow and share the spotlight w/ a once great PG in Rose.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
You have to feel sorry for Isaih. No way is he going to get a max deal from the Cavs. So he goes from anticipating something like $150m to $80m. Still a lot, but that's a painful loss! And if Lebron leaves, what chance they don't sell him on to some rubbish team. He's the big loser in this

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow I did not see that coming. I think Boston overpaid too. The move makes a lot of sense for Cleveland due to getting that Brooklyn pick. This is their only chance of keeping LeBron around after next season.

Boston was not in a win-now mode but they are clearly going for it now. They have a chance to knock off Cleveland though I don't favor them over the LeBrons. But they'd have no chance to beat Golden State and who knows if Kyrie will resign. Not a good deal for them IMO.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow I did not see that coming. I think Boston overpaid too. The move makes a lot of sense for Cleveland due to getting that Brooklyn pick. This is their only chance of keeping LeBron around after next season.

Boston was not in a win-now mode but they are clearly going for it now. They have a chance to knock off Cleveland though I don't favor them over the LeBrons. But they'd have no chance to beat Golden State and who knows if Kyrie will resign. Not a good deal for them IMO.

I simply can't wait to see the Boston v Cavs games this coming season!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah it's going to be exciting. But LeBron is LeBron, I wouldn't bet against him in the East. Boston lost sight of the big picture I think. Even the others involved like Crowder and Zizic may be factors in Cleveland. And worse yet they may have given Cleveland a better chance to retain LeBron and keep him out East.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiero425 Other Sports 0
J Other Sports 31
J Other Sports 6
kskate2 Other Sports 144
Murat Baslamisli Other Sports 3