2022/23 NBA

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So the Kyrie Irving/Kevin Durant/James Harden Brooklyn Nets “era” is officially over with Kyrie traded to Dallas & KD to The Phoenix Suns ( and Harden traded last year).

This “greatest theoretical team of all time” played a total of 16 games together including playoffs.

What a disaster, an epic fail of either Greek tragedy or farce, take your pick. :astonished-face:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
one of the biggest sporting failures of all time I reckon

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dang the Kings had their chances to pull ahead 3-1 on the Warriors, what with everything else in that crazy 4th game Curry calling a timeout the Warriors didn't have.... Well De"Aaron Fox says he's playing "broken finger" and all, but for old times sake and DUBS glory, I hope the Warriors pull off this playoff series...

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Warriors were not to be denied. Stephen Curry broke Kevin D’s record for most points scored in a game 7 playoff series final with 50 points,

Playing the Lakers & Lebron should be fun!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
that match up will have bigger ratings than the finals probably

Reactions: Jelenafan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Madison vs Vika .. should I bother @MargaretMcAleer ..I'm nursing an knee injury this weekend and Dubs just got washed out of the playoffs. Think I may just go to church and pray for a good work week. Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there and their families. God Bless
The Dubs didn't get washed out, they were booted out by ole man Bron. He had something for the splash brothers this year. GSW need a big man in the center pronto. Their lack of size was completely exposed in both series as they had no answer for AD, but the Kings choked like Philly did when they had the opportunity to close.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lakers and LeBron (in more of an assist role) take care of Stephan and the Warriors. The Heat are destroying their opponents and are one game away from the MBA Finals. Interesting.

Reactions: kskate2

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Lakers and LeBron (in more of an assist role) take care of Stephan and the Warriors. The Heat are destroying their opponents and are one game away from the MBA Finals. Interesting.
This Miami Heat run is very confusing to me. They had a negative point differential and were very bad in the play-in. They lost at home to the Atlanta Hawks and were minutes away from being eliminated from the playoffs by the 10-seed Chicago Bulls. Then, they turn around to dominate the #1 seed Milwaukee Bucks and are on the verge of sweeping the #2 seed Boston Celtics. It doesn't make sense to me. The closest comparison I can come up with is the 2006 St. Louis Cardinals that went 83-78 and had a +19 run differential in the regular season and went on to win the World Series.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The Dubs didn't get washed out, they were booted out by ole man Bron. He had something for the splash brothers this year. GSW need a big man in the center pronto. Their lack of size was completely exposed in both series as they had no answer for AD, but the Kings choked like Philly did when they had the opportunity to close.
with a healthy dose of foul grifting and ridiculously biased calls. I watched Lebron elbow Wiggins injuring him. And there were no repercussions for that. The fact that the Nuggets could end up sweeping them, despite still more blatant calls favouring the Lakers is absolutely delicious to me. The NBA hierarchy were probably drooling about at a Celtics-Lakers match up. I'm so delighted we'll see the others.

I think the Nuggets will win it all, but maaaaan... it would be nice if Himmy won a ring with a nice FMVP. All those teams that tried to make out he was a problem haven't even reached a conference finals in the time since he left. Love it!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
with a healthy dose of foul grifting and ridiculously biased calls. I watched Lebron elbow Wiggins injuring him. And there were no repercussions for that. The fact that the Nuggets could end up sweeping them, despite still more blatant calls favouring the Lakers is absolutely delicious to me. The NBA hierarchy were probably drooling about at a Celtics-Lakers match up. I'm so delighted we'll see the others.

I think the Nuggets will win it all, but maaaaan... it would be nice if Himmy won a ring with a nice FMVP. All those teams that tried to make out he was a problem haven't even reached a conference finals in the time since he left. Love it!
I agree w/ that Lake Show B.S. Boston should flat out be embarrassed with their performance in this post season. They struggled w/ ATL, they let an MVPless 76er team clown them on home soil and they are being obliterated by Jimmy Buckets, Bam and the Miami faithful. The Denver/Miami series will be really good and while I originally had them winning the whole thing, Miami is the one team that could throw a monkey wrench in their plans. I don't believe either team has lost a home game in these playoffs. Somebody will have to win on the road to get this chip.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
I agree w/ that Lake Show B.S. Boston should flat out be embarrassed with their performance in this post season. They struggled w/ ATL, they let an MVPless 76er team clown them on home soil and they are being obliterated by Jimmy Buckets, Bam and the Miami faithful. The Denver/Miami series will be really good and while I originally had them winning the whole thing, Miami is the one team that could throw a monkey wrench in their plans. I don't believe either team has lost a home game in these playoffs. Somebody will have to win on the road to get this chip.
But didn't Miami lose thoroughly at home to the same Atlanta team in the play-in game? And then followed that up by almost losing to 10-seed Chicago, and almost failed to make the postseason?

Because this Miami run doesn't really make any sense, unless you really believe that they underachieved for an entire 83 or 84 game stretch. Yes, there are anomolies in sports, like the 2006 St. Louis Cardinals winning the World Series or FDU beating Purdue, but I have never seen a team that was below average to average for an entire season suddenly morph into a world beater and stay that way for an extended period of time.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
But didn't Miami lose thoroughly at home to the same Atlanta team in the play-in game? And then followed that up by almost losing to 10-seed Chicago, and almost failed to make the postseason?

Because this Miami run doesn't really make any sense, unless you really believe that they underachieved for an entire 83 or 84 game stretch. Yes, there are anomolies in sports, like the 2006 St. Louis Cardinals winning the World Series or FDU beating Purdue, but I have never seen a team that was below average to average for an entire season suddenly morph into a world beater and stay that way for an extended period of time.
technically that's the play-in game, not the playoffs :) @kskate2 is right...

Reactions: kskate2

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
technically that's the play-in game, not the playoffs :) @kskate2 is right...
My point was that the Atlanta Hawks may be a better team than you guys are making them out to be. After all, they won 3 games total in April against the two teams playing in the Conference Finals. If you want to talk about Boston's struggles against Atlanta, then Miami's blowout loss to Atlanta in the play-in cannot be ignored either. Or their lackluster performance in 84 games during the regular season and play-in games. Just because Miami is on this out of the world run doesn't make them the second coming of the 1996 Bulls.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
My point was that the Atlanta Hawks may be a better team than you guys are making them out to be. After all, they won 3 games total in April against the two teams playing in the Conference Finals. If you want to talk about Boston's struggles against Atlanta, then Miami's blowout loss to Atlanta in the play-in cannot be ignored either. Or their lackluster performance in 84 games during the regular season and play-in games. Just because Miami is on this out of the world run doesn't make them the second coming of the 1996 Bulls.
I think it's probably more realistic to view the Celtics as a bit fraudulent in a play off scenario. But I guess it's just opinions

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I think it's probably more realistic to view the Celtics as a bit fraudulent in a play off scenario. But I guess it's just opinions
Boston finally playing like their 2 seed. On a lucky break at the end of Game 6, they now force a do or die Game 7

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Boston finally playing like their 2 seed. On a lucky break at the end of Game 6, they now force a do or die Game 7
that. was crazy!!!! One minute folks were praising Spo and Jimmy. Now if they lose it'll be the biggest choke job in playoff history. Even the 73 win Dubs might get some relief from this one..

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
MVP Jimmy Buckets leads the Heat in a beatdown of the fraudulent Celts. He won the award by one vote
1685489216613.png

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
MVP Jimmy Buckets leads the Heat in a beatdown of the fraudulent Celts. He won the award by one vote
View attachment 8212
some of those guys are idiots in my view. I think the ones who voted for Caleb Martin were conflating the ECF with the entire playoff run. Probably some of the same morons who gave Iguodala the FMVP in 2015

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
some of those guys are idiots in my view. I think the ones who voted for Caleb Martin were conflating the ECF with the entire playoff run. Probably some of the same morons who gave Iguodala the FMVP in 2015
Definitely. They couldn't have been watching the same series. I mean if you strictly look at the numbers, J outperforms Caleb and rightly so. No one is running their offense through Caleb. Jimmy will always get more touches. And this doesn't track defense, steals or blocks which we know J excels at.
1685536633368.png
1685536679540.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiero425 Other Sports 0
Kieran Other Sports 127
J Other Sports 6
Federberg Other Sports 4
Moxie Other Sports 34