NBA Draft/Offseason

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Any interest in the draft tonight?

I must admit it is a rare occasion for a Bucks fan not to be into the draft because they usually have a top 10 pick. Last year was especially intriguing to see if they'd get Parker or Wiggins. Draft excitement is the small reward for being a bad team.

For this offseason I'm looking for them to draft a PG to back up MCW and then go after a decent big (except Lopez's crippled arse) with the money they got in the Ilyasova trade. They will definitely be able to resign Middleton and then have some left over. They may go after Tyson Chandler too, he still can play and would fit in the Bucks' system but only for another couple years.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Any interest in the draft tonight?

I must admit it is a rare occasion for a Bucks fan not to be into the draft because they usually have a top 10 pick. Last year was especially intriguing to see if they'd get Parker or Wiggins. Draft excitement is the small reward for being a bad team.

For this offseason I'm looking for them to draft a PG to back up MCW and then go after a decent big (except Lopez's crippled arse) with the money they got in the Ilyasova trade. They will definitely be able to resign Middleton and then have some left over. They may go after Tyson Chandler too, he still can play and would fit in the Bucks' system but only for another couple years.

I was going to make a thread entitled "John Calipari's Big Night" to start a conversation about the draft, but I won't steal your thunder now. I hope that he is proud of having another 8 players drafted after losing to freaking Wisconsin, a team who he literally had twice as much talent as.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bucks pick up Greg Monroe!! To say I'm pumped is an understatement. I figured the Bucks would get Lopez, Chandler, or Monroe with the last being the most unlikely but definitely the most desired. This should be a very good team next season and beyond.

Starting lineup:

C - Monroe
PF - Parker (a little small here but against most teams they could get away with it)
SF - Giannis
SG - Middleton
PG - MCW

Oldest player is Monroe at 25. Parker is the only question mark, I'd imagine he will come back strong but you never know with an ACL and then there's always going to be an increased risk that he suffers more serious injuries. But I will admit...I'm giddy for the next season. This is a serious team that probably "should" be top 4 in the East and possibly fight for a top 3 spot.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Deandre Jordan, Wade and Aldridge still shopping. I would think it would be settled in the next couple of days though.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Curious as to where Wade and Aldridge end up. For Jordan it's either Dallas or the Clips I think.

EDIT: Wade signs with the Heat for 1 year, 20 Million. Maybe the happy medium for both sides as that figures to be the end of his time with Miami.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
^Monroe is solid but a max contract???

Everyone is getting overpaid this offseason for one big reason:

salary cap is going way up after next year. 18 million per season may seem like too much for guys like Monroe under this old cap, but it will be a bargain under the new one. Also it is only a 3 year deal for 50 million, not 5 for 90. The increase is a big bargaining chip for the players. Expect Lebron to sign some crazy 1 year deal with the Cavs and then be a free agent after next season.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Heard that LBJ is playing games to his friend a bigger deal. (Tristan?)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
That's true. Apparently he won't talk to the Cavs until they give Thompson a big deal.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Aldridge goes w/ the Spurs. 4yr 80mil. Who thinks Timmy won't win another ring before hanging it up?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Indy is sending Hibbert to Lakers. Deal not final yet, but the Lakers would be able to absorb the rest of his existing contract.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I am really surprised that Raps are letting their sixth man of the year in Lou Williams go. They are filling up the roster with defenders and I get that , but Lou was instant offense from the bench. It will not be a popular decision with the fans.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Deandre signs w/ the Mavs. 4yr $80mil.

David West opts out of 12.6mil w/ Pacers and goes to Spurs for 1.5mil for 1 yr

Cavs trying to trade Hayward for Joe Johnson

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Crazy offseason already and I'm sure there are more trades to come. Spurs look poised to make one final run with the old guard.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Now it sounds like Deandre might stay with the Clips after all.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I heard that on PTI. It will be a big blow to Mavs if he does. Cuban will likely be looking for someone to sue.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
All of this for DeAndre Jordan who may be one of the worst free throw shooters and a player without any low post moves. :nono..To hear how he weasel from accepting Mark Cuban's call and text messages, very low class. Good luck with all of that

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Always thought DeAndre (and most Clippers players, really) was kinda bitch made.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Long but interesting article on the Deandre Jordan fiasco:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13247673/how-deandre-jordan-almost-left-los-angeles-clippers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiero425 Other Sports 0
J Other Sports 31
J Other Sports 6
kskate2 Other Sports 144
Murat Baslamisli Other Sports 3