27 FERRER, David
28 ZVEREV, Mischa
29 DEL POTRO, Juan Martin
30 SOUSA, Joao
31 LOPEZ, Feliciano
32 LORENZI, Paolo

AE_Carousel_2016_Miami_Open.jpg

The Tournament:

The Miami Open is an annual tennis tournament for men and women held in Miami, Florida. It is an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event on the men's tour and a Premier Mandatory event on the women's tour.

The court has been criticized as the slowest hardcourt on the tour, subjecting players to endless grinding rallies in extreme heat and humidity. Src: Wiki

Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray are both injured and won't compete at Miami, leaving Stan Wawrinka as the top seed. Kei Nishikori and Milos Raonic move up to #2 and #3 seeds respectively. Former winner Roger Federer is arguably the favourite at #4, coming in off the back of Indian Wells and Australian Open triumphs. Rafael Nadal and Dominic Thiem will also look to challenge.

stan-wawrinka.jpg
kei-nishikori.jpg
milos-raonic.jpg
roger-federer.jpg
rafael-nadal.jpg
dominic-thiem.jpg

About Miami:

Greater Miami is the 4th largest metropolitan area in the US, and its only officially bilingual city (Spanish.) The influence of the Latin population is felt everywhere, and while largely Cuban, the last 20 years have seen an influx of immigrants from throughout Latin America. Lovely weather makes Miami a major center of tourism, but it is also a fashion hub, it has a lively cultural life, and is a major financial center. It has the largest concentration of international banks of any city in the US. Come for the stone crabs at Joe's; stay for the Cuban coffee.

Cuban-Coffee-Queen_54_990x660_201404250019.jpg

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 243
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mary

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^No doubt the concentration of international banks has something to do with laundering for the cartels!

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Might as well get this thread up and running. Here's the Wikipedia page.

So far Novak and Andy are out? I wonder - is this the first Masters that Stan was seeded #1?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
El Dude said:

So far Novak and Andy are out? I wonder - is this the first Masters that Stan was seeded #1?

Is it official that Novak out of Miami

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Yes, it seems so:

http://www.eurosport.com/tennis/miami-masters/2017/novak-djokovic-withdraws-from-miami-with-injury_sto6100501/story.shtml

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^No doubt the concentration of international banks has something to do with laundering for the cartels!
Wow...start right out throwing shade at Miami. Ha!

Murray's out with tennis elbow, and Djokovic has confirmed withdrawal, also elbow.

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
Nadal loses the 2005 final to Fed
2008 final to Davydenko... Christ
2011 and 2014 to Novak
So all in all, Nadal reaches the final every three years. Can he win it this time around?
A lot will depend on the draw. I think Dimitrov will also have a say in this tourney, not to mention Roger.
I will go bold here and predict that Nadal wins the tourney beating Kei in the final.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow...start right out throwing shade at Miami. Ha!

Murray's out with tennis elbow, and Djokovic has confirmed withdrawal, also elbow.
Don't get me wrong I love it down there. easy to get a nice Cuban cigar walking down South Beach :)

Reactions: Moxie
N

Nekro

GTA Vice City is Miami :D everybody should play that game a few times :D It has cool 80s music, from pop to rock, there's even a radio channel with cuban music called radio espantoso :D

Here's the Cubans going to gang war :lulz1:

Reactions: britbox

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
El Dude said:

Is it official that Novak out of Miami.

It had to happen sooner or later! They'd have to rename the 1st 2 Masters 1000 events of the season after Nole if he continued to own them the way he has over the last several years! :angel: :dodgy: :rolleyes: :lolz:

- - http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2016/08/fan-page-novak-nole-djokovic.html - -

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed will be seeded #4 at Miami, if he wins the final in IW; otherwise, Rafa will be seeded #4. Either way, Fedal cannot happen before QF in Miami, if at all it happens.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With Djokovic and Murray pulling out, the ATP and Miami will be virtually begging Federer to show up.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With Djokovic and Murray pulling out, the ATP and Miami will be virtually begging Federer to show up.
Certainly the salad days have returned for the Federer fans. And without the least bit of irony! All Roger needed was a good rest, and at 35, he springs back to old form. Might even get back to #1.

Reactions: britbox

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Last year Federer pull out because a virus and Rafa I think that he played only one match before to get some kind of insolation and the Tournament was running very well. All of them are very important but they are not essential

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Last year Federer pull out because a virus and rafa I think that he played only one match before to get some kind of insolation and the Tournament was running very well. All of them are very important but they are not essential
By the way why Stan has called Roger an asshole?

He said it during the presentation, but it was made in joking terms... at least that's how I interpreted it.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He said it during the presentation, but it was made in joking terms... at least that's how I interpreted it.
I've just seen the video and obviously it was joking even he looked very affected by the loss :cry: