Miami Open, Florida, USA, ATP Masters 2017

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He said it during the presentation, but it was made in joking terms... at least that's how I interpreted it.
I'm pretty sure a friend can call a friend an "asshole," and have it still be taken in the spirit of fun. ;-):

Reactions: britbox

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The good news is that now here in Miami we have a wonderful weather, 80 degrees in the day time and 60's in the evening though maybe it could change in two weeks, you never know but it seems to be not so hot like last year

Reactions: Moxie

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
I can't believe what we are seeing from Roger this year. When the year started and around Hopman Cup I would have never thought Roger would be seeded no. 4 at Miami. Pleasant surprise. Seriously where are Murray and Djokovic. We haven't seen a Murray vs Djokovic final at a big stage which is another big surprise. And, he aren't going to see one at Miami also. And that's refreshing.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
My picks for this tournament, before the draw:

1: Nadal and Wawrinka
2: Federer
distant 3: Nishikori, Goffin, del Potro

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
My picks for this tournament, before the draw:

1: Nadal and Wawrinka
2: Federer
distant 3: Nishikori, Goffin, del Potro

At the risk of jinxing Federer, I would suggest...

1, Federer and Wawrinka
2, Nadal
not so distant 3, Del Potro, Krygios, Nishikori

purely because of current form, Rafa's inability to seal the deal in finals. Delpo will have massive support there and he certainly knows how to win. Kei on ability and big time play, Krygios because he looks to be stepping up

mightyjeditribble

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Amazingly, when you take the Miami points off (F for Nishikori, QF for Raonic), Federer is now #4 in the "live" rankings.

If Fed performs at least as well as Raonic, Nadal and Nishikori in Miami, he will be #4 in the following week.

(Technically, Thiem or Cilic could also overtake him by winning the title, if Fed loses before R4, but that seems an unlikely scenario.)

19USC66

Club Member
Reactions
Depends entirely if Fed shows up mentally ready to play? The tournament has not started he could opt out. He stated at IW Miami depended on how he felt after the tournament. However, if he sticks to his schedule and plays no clay events? It is a long time to the grass without playing. Anything regarding Federer is possible.

mightyjeditribble

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
19USC66 said:
Depends entirely if Fed shows up mentally ready to play? The tournament has not started he could opt out. He stated at IW Miami depended on bow he felt after the tournament. However, if he sticks to his schedule and plays no clay events? It is a long time to the grass without playing. Anything regarding Federer is possible.

He stated after IW final that he plans to play Miami. Of course, he could still change his mind, depending on how he feels.

Fed has also said he will definitely play RG, so he is not going to play no clay at all. And I would be surprised if he went into RG without at least one clay warm-up.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Monfils is out too, I guess that Federer"ll pull out too ??? he never plays Miami, especially whe he win IW

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
mightyjeditribble said:
Amazingly, when you take the Miami points off (F for Nishikori, QF for Raonic), Federer is now #4 in the "live" rankings.

If Fed performs at least as well as Raonic, Nadal and Nishikori in Miami, he will be #4 in the following week.

(Technically, Thiem or Cilic could also overtake him by winning the title, if Fed loses before R4, but that seems an unlikely scenario.)

Are the seedings done after the points come off or????

19USC66

Club Member
Reactions
mightyjeditribble said:
19USC66 said:
Depends entirely if Fed shows up mentally ready to play? The tournament has not started he could opt out. He stated at IW Miami depended on bow he felt after the tournament. However, if he sticks to his schedule and plays no clay events? It is a long time to the grass without playing. Anything regarding Federer is possible.

He stated after IW final that he plans to play Miami. Of course, he could still change his mind, depending on how he feels.

Fed has also said he will definitely play RG, so he is not going to play no clay at all. And I would be surprised if he went into RG without at least one clay warm-up.

You are probably correct. I cannot imagine Roger not playing RG.

Frode789

Club Member
Reactions
Website
www.citiesskylines-nation.com
19USC66 said:
mightyjeditribble said:
19USC66 said:

You are probably correct. I cannot imagine Roger not playing RG.

Of course he's playing RG.. :s

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Usually I don't like too much to make predictions because at the end we don't know the final results (it doesn't matter the draw) of each tournament but as Nadal's fan I hope to see him braking that wall which doesn't allow him to win like he couldn't do in Brisbane, AO, Acapulco and IW, something that I can't finish to understand but I see that he needs to win very badly otherwise he never is going to get out of that roller coaster :-(

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Despite being seeded #4, Fed got a tough draw, except for his opening match.

R64: Qualifier
R32: JMDP
R16: Sam Querry
QF: Thiem
SF: Stan / Nick / Sasha
F: Rafa / Kei

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Despite being seeded #4, Fed got a tough draw, except for his opening match.

R64: Qualifier
R32: JMDP
R16: Sam Querry
QF: Thiem
SF: Stan
F: Rafa

Yeah, tough among the possible draws. And, yeah, it's so different from the Miami draws in the past. It's refreshing

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa also gets tough draw, but not as tough as Roger's

R64: Qualifer
R32: Kohly
R16: Grigor
QF: Milos
SF: Kei
F: Roger/Stan

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fedal, if it happens, can only be in final.

I don't expect it happening again. One or both will lose before finals.