Miami Open, Florida, USA, ATP Masters 2017

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Also, both Nick and Sasha are hiding in Stan's quarter. Given that Stan is generally not known to be consistent, he may exit early this time.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
OK, I love Roger but I'm hoping for a Thiem-Dimitrov final.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Usually I don't like too much to make predictions because at the end we don't know the final results (it doesn't matter the draw) of each tournament but as Nadal's fan I hope to see him braking that wall which doesn't allow him to win like he couldn't do in Brisbane, AO, Acapulco and IW, something that I can't finish to understand but I see that he needs to win very badly otherwise he never is going to get out of that roller coaster :-(

Carol will you be going to watch matches this year in Miami.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Draw - Miami

C7YSF6RX0Ac7-5x.jpg

C7YSF6eXgAAF3Kq.jpg

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Aside from DP that's a pretty nice draw for Roger. Rafa's draw isn't brutal but pretty darn tough if the seeds play to form. Kyrgios has a decent chance to make the semis in Stan's quarter IMO.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Aside from DP that's a pretty nice draw for Roger. Rafa's draw isn't brutal but pretty darn tough if the seeds play to form. Kyrgios has a decent chance to make the semis in Stan's quarter IMO.

JMDP is getting some tough draws.

Nadal has a harder draw than Fed here.

R2 Sela
R3 Köhlschreiber
R4 Dimitrov
QF Raonic
SF Nishikori
Top half: Fed or Stan

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

Yup, but Delpo is super tough. Particularly on slow hard

Reactions: Moxie

mightyjeditribble

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Delpo in R3 (Roger's second match) is a tough one.

If Fed gets through that, then I feel fairly positive about his chances to go deep.

What are Raonic's chances? He's got the toughest projected QF, against Rafa.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Rafa also gets tough draw, but not as tough as Roger's

R64: Qualifer
R32: Kohly
R16: Grigor
QF: Milos
SF: Kei
F: Roger/Stan

I disagree, I think Rafa has it harder every round except the R32 and maybe the semi though Stan is much more likely to be upset than Kei because his section is pretty brutal. Fed's draw is very nice aside from DP in R32.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think it's fair to be too down on Rafa. OK, he lost to Roger twice, who has the new magic wand and a new attitude, but Rafa will adjust. And he made the AO final, after injury lay-off. The comeback has been as instantaneous are Fed's, but it's going pretty well. And Rafa has a very nice draw!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Rafa also gets tough draw, but not as tough as Roger's

R64: Qualifer
R32: Kohly
R16: Grigor
QF: Milos
SF: Kei
F: Roger/Stan

I disagree, I think Rafa has it harder every round except the R32 and maybe the semi though Stan is much more likely to be upset than Kei because his section is pretty brutal. Fed's draw is very nice aside from DP in R32.

Reasonable people can differ on whether Fed's or Rafa's draw is trickier.

However, Fed's draw is no cake walk; so much for getting the #4 seeding.

You agree that JMDP is tough customer. Uncle Sam recently won 500 on the other side of the yet to be built wall. Further Uncle Sam and related players usually tend to well in home soil. Thiem is having lot of power and his shots are heavy and will be particularly suited in the slow courts of Miami.
I don't expect Stan to reach SF. But, whoever reaches will be tough as well (Zverev beat Fed this year in Hopman cup and Nick has never lost to Fed).

I think Uncle Sam cannot trouble Fed, assuming Fed gets past JMDP. But Thiem and others can.

Finally, a Donkey can always beat Fed, if he takes his eye off the prize. :ras:

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Adjusting for the court and draw, I think Rafa has about the same chance of winning Miami as Roger does, maybe a tad more because I suspect he wants it more and Roger might hold back a bit to preserve his health. Rafa really wants/needs a big win.

But I think the title could be won by any number of players: Roger, Rafa, Stan, Thiem, Dimitrov, Kei, Milos, Kyrgios, Del Potro...it really feels like it could go to any of those guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk