Miami Open, ATP Masters 2018

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
How about his kids annoyed him on going to Disneyworld on Friday and would not relent until he agreed? Then it's not Fed who decided so but his kids:)

His kids put up a lemonade stand at IW and made $70 bucks to partially pay for entry to Disney world. But, they need to make more before they will be able to buy the tickets. :p

Reactions: Moxie

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
I have Cilic getting to the final, in my draw challenge, kyrgrios making the semis which I might change.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Mikael Ymer, Elias' younger brother, beat Jan-Lennard Struff. He is a young player that I was very interested in a year or two ago, but struggled with injury and focused on doubles (I think). That's a nice win for him. Anyone see any of the match? How'd he look?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Mikael Ymer, Elias' younger brother, beat Jan-Lennard Struff. He is a young player that I was very interested in a year or two ago, but struggled with injury and focused on doubles (I think). That's a nice win for him. Anyone see any of the match? How'd he look?
I gave up on the Ymer Brothers.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I gave up on the Ymer Brothers.

Well, Elias stagnated and can’t seem to get out of the Challenger circuit, but Mikael deserves the benefit of the doubt: he’s still only 19. But he’ll need to move fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

I saw parts of the match. It was on TV here, there were three matches being played at the time, and I was interested in the other two (one was Jarry's -- save that name).

I saw I guess around five games. Ymer is solid, no glaring shotrcomes, head in place, which are good things for a youngster. Struff, on the other hand, kind of beat himself. Actually I like this guy a lot, hope he get himself together for the grass season -- as Scoop (to give credit where credit is due) put some time ago, the guy is very good at the net, and can fire some winners. But he has very low patience and in this match seemed like Ymer was the veteran (again, which is good). I think he actually has a shot against Raonic.

Other young guy I watch was Eubanks. He fired 41 winners and 46 UFEs. From the little I saw (some three games), he goes for the lines 100% of the time. He could get somewhere. He lost to Mmoh, which has one of the coolest names out there IMO. Could not see much of his game in this match -- seemed at least to be able to keep his head cool.

Reactions: El Dude and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shapovalov was up 5-1 and serving in the 3rd. Now 6-6 TB. He's flashy but really sloppy. It's comes off as all instinct.

EDIT: Shapovalov won, but not before blowing the lead in the TB, Troicki actually getting 1 MP then DF'd on Shapo's 6th MP.

Last edited:

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Wow, I saw most of the match up to 5 x 1 on the third -- while I was on an important conference call of which I missed just about 98%. Turned the TV on again later to see him match point down! When Shapovalov is on, he is the real deal for sure. And Troicky maybe ranked a bit lower now but he is a fine good player. I hope this match teaches a good lesson to the kid.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is why I think Shapo is going to be great: His main problem is clearly inexperience and youth, but has everything needed to excel--he has an explosive game and the heart and mentality of a champion. He just plays with joy and gusto, without the entitled pout of Zverev.

Reactions: 10isfan and Moxie

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I saw that Nicola Kuhn won his first ATP level match. He’s the second highest ranked player born in 2000, after FAA. #197 in the live rankings.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is why I think Shapo is going to be great: His main problem is clearly inexperience and youth, but has everything needed to excel--he has an explosive game and the heart and mentality of a champion. He just plays with joy and gusto, without the entitled pout of Zverev.
He's hilarious and I like him, too. However, I also like Zverev. :)

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well, Elias stagnated and can’t seem to get out of the Challenger circuit, but Mikael deserves the benefit of the doubt: he’s still only 19. But he’ll need to move fast.

I am not optimistic about guys who have yet to break into the top 300. There are many others ahead of him.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Donald Young lost in first round both here and IW. He plummets in the ranking as a result.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am not optimistic about guys who have yet to break into the top 300. There are many others ahead of him.

Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm optimistic, but not ready to put him in the same category as his brother.

Another player whose stock has fallen is Casper Ruud. He's been pretty stagnant.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I didn't know Djoker was playing doubs here. He & Troicki just lost the super TB.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Yea shapo is good but, still needs a lot of work on his game, could take a while.