Football (US) - NFL

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm a Raiders fan and after years of pain, this guy is giving me a lot of enthusiasm for the Silver and Black going forward.

Remember the name:

https://youtu.be/k3gR8-rpUiU

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I didn't grow up where this football was popular so naturally I am not a die hard fan of any team.  I like the teams that my friends like and will root for a team whenever I watch a game.  Let's say I've liked the Chiefs lately. B-)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I like the Chiefs, but wasn't happy how they played; esp. early on in that MNF game this past Monday! Smith got it together to make the score look competitive, but it was all Aaron Rodgers and the GB Packers at Lambeau Field! :negative:  :wacko:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
yeah, Chiefs, why not :wacko:   I know Fiero, the first half of that game was terrible.  I almost gave up on watching it, so I read and looked from time to time.

BB, you didn't ask what is the best team, did you?  LOL

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
<cite>@Fiero425 said:</cite>
Thanks for the win in Chicago! We needed it badly! lol! :yahoo:  ::sw1::  :cry:
2 seconds left and you beat my team (Raiders)... Did you see the last play on the kckoff return? Looked like rugby!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Of course I saw it! This is why I have so little respect for FOOTBALL players or coaches in general seeing them all as morons! They are a group that aren't aware of the rules of their own sport; ya see it everyday! An excuse of "passionate" and competitive is always thrown around, but you see the control with 2 minutes to go and o timeouts! You don't get spiking of the ball as much or hogging it so the official can't spot it in a timely fashion! Why flip that ball forward, not once, but multiple times? The officials not flagging that player for pushing the ball out of the end zone should be sat for a while! He was looking right at the guy; no excuse! Detroit should have had another chance; oh well, not like I'm a fan of the Lions, but games shouldn't be decided like that! ;-( :negative:  :scratch:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

<cite>@Fiero425 said:</cite>
Of course I saw it! This is why I have so little respect for FOOTBALL players or coaches in general seeing them all as morons! They are a group that aren't aware of the rules of their own sport; ya see it everyday! An excuse of "passionate" and competitive is always thrown around, but you see the control with 2 minutes to go and o timeouts! You don't get spiking of the ball as much or hogging it so the official can't spot it in a timely fashion! Why flip that ball forward, not once, but multiple times? The officials not flagging that player for pushing the ball out of the end zone should be sat for a while! He was looking right at the guy; no excuse! Detroit should have had another chance; oh well, not like I'm a fan of the Lions, but games shouldn't be decided like that! ;-( :negative:  :scratch:
Bears fan eh?

I started watching NFL in the early/mid 80s back in the UK when it was a bit of a novelty.  We only had four TV channels back then and they introduced a show, imaginatively called "American Football" on Channel 4 each Sunday.  It competed with "Songs of Praise", a horrible sitcom called "Last of the Summer Wine" (@jesuslookslikeborg will know what I am talking about) and another drab show.

It became the fastest growing sport in the UK for a period.

One of the early Superbowls I watched was that  dominant Bears team of 85 with McMahon, Payton, The Fridge, Richard Dent, Singletary, Wilson and a bunch of other studs.  Probably the best defense to ever play the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQiEl9ea-yw

Never wavered from being a Raiders fan... but that Bears team was something else.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
NFL WEEK 5:

Colts at Texans (Fri) 27 - 20
Bills at Titans
Rams at Packers
Browns at Ravens
Saints at Eagles
Jaguars at Buccaneers
Redskins at Falcons
Seahawks at Bengals
Bears at Chiefs
Cardinals at Lions
Broncos at Raiders

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Week 5: Results

New York Giants 30-27 San Francisco 49ers
Atlanta Falcons 25-19 Washington Redskins
Baltimore Ravens 30-33 Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals 27-24 Seattle Seahawks
Dallas Cowboys 6-30 New England Patriots
Detroit Lions 17-42 Arizona Cardinals
Green Bay Packers 24-10 St Louis Rams
Kansas City Chiefs 17-18 Chicago Bears
Oakland Raiders 10-16 Denver Broncos
Philadelphia Eagles 39-17 New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 38-31 Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans 13-14 Buffalo Bills
Houston Texans 20-27 Indianapolis Colts

Surprised the Seahawks blew a pretty good lead.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Seahawks upset was perhaps the biggest.  Sad news is that Chiefs best player, Jamaal Charles is injured, and possibly very badly.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
Seahawks upset was perhaps the biggest. Sad news is that Chiefs best player, Jamaal Charles is injured, and possibly very badly.

Raiders lost... but liking how much more competitive they are. Charles Woodson picked off Peyton twice.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
britbox said:
Billie wrote:
Seahawks upset was perhaps the biggest. Sad news is that Chiefs best player, Jamaal Charles is injured, and possibly very badly.
Raiders lost… but liking how much more competitive they are. Charles Woodson picked off Peyton twice.

I guess we could have picked better teams as our favorites. :wacko:

Unfortunately Charles has a torn ACL.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Favorite team is Green Bay.  Off to a good start so far but injuries are piling up.  Good time for a bye week and then road games at Denver and Carolina.  13-3 should be good enough for homefield unless they lose to Carolina.  Either way given Seattle is close to being done this year they should make the Super Bowl. Time to get rid of McCarthy if they don't.  Actually it was time to get rid of him years ago.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
britbox wrote:
<blockquote>
Billie wrote:
Raiders lost… but liking how much more competitive they are. Charles Woodson picked off Peyton twice.</blockquote>
I guess we could have picked better teams as our favorites.
wpml_wacko.gif
Unfortunately Charles has a torn ACL.

I thought you meant Charles Woodson had torn his ACL - had me worried for a minute.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Twisted said:
Favorite team is Green Bay. Off to a good start so far but injuries are piling up. Good time for a bye week and then road games at Denver and Carolina. 13-3 should be good enough for homefield unless they lose to Carolina. Either way given Seattle is close to being done this year they should make the Super Bowl. Time to get rid of McCarthy if they don’t. Actually it was time to get rid of him years ago.

Can't figure out Seattle, they keep blowing games in the last few minutes. Good to see you chief.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The problem for Seattle is that their remaining schedule is pretty tough.  10-6 might be a wild card but maybe not.  9-7 almost certainly won't get it done.  They are not a "bad" 2-4 team as they've had the lead in the 4th quarter of all their losses but they may have dug themselves too big of a hole.

Your Raiders seem to be improved just got to finish games better but that will come with time.  Good to see you too!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Twisted said:
The problem for Seattle is that their remaining schedule is pretty tough. 10-6 might be a wild card but maybe not. 9-7 almost certainly won’t get it done. They are not a “bad” 2-4 team as they’ve had the lead in the 4th quarter of all their losses but they may have dug themselves too big of a hole. Your Raiders seem to be improved just got to finish games better but that will come with time. Good to see you too!

I'm liking what I see in Oakland. If we go 7-9 that would be a huge improvement and maybe a springboard to the playoffs next year. Derek Carr looks like a really good young quarterback and we're putting together a supporting cast.

Packers and Pats in the Superbowl this year for me.