Malcolm Gladwell: Football Is a Moral Abomination

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Malcolm (never heard of the guy) has convinced me that phootball is inherently EVIL...and I shall never watch another game, which really sucks...Because today I was SO looking phorward to watching Mrs. Sippy St. vs. Brock O's brother Al A. and my Seahawks vs. the Chiefs tomorrow. Wonder what his (Malcom's) take is on the Washington R-words, hockey, and rugby. And what's with the boxing thing? Boxing has been replaced by MMA, which is MUCH more brutal than boxing.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I always find it funny when a leftist-minded person condemns football, which is a game dominated by African-Americans and a violent urban culture. On the one hand, leftists want to make Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin out to be innocent "boys" with no violent inclination, but when they see African-Americans in an athletic context, they are horrified at the aggression and call it a "moral abomination".

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
I always find it funny when a leftist-minded person condemns football, which is a game dominated by African-Americans and a violent urban culture. On the one hand, leftists want to make Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin out to be innocent "boys" with no violent inclination, but when they see African-Americans in an athletic context, they are horrified at the aggression and call it a "moral abomination".

Same idiots condemn boxing.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
calitennis127 said:

Same idiots condemn boxing.

Please don't insult a moderator.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This Malcom Gladwell writes a lot of books which make interesting reading, but are not
truly supported by scientific facts. But an unsuspecting reader, might tend to take his
word as Gospel. Among scholars, most of his works are considered as appealing to
sensationalism.