Football (US) - NFL

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
What an ending to that game.  I was ready to turn the TV off, there was no time, only 1 play left due to face mask penalty.  And boom, I couldn't believe it when the other Rodgers caught it.  A thrilling finish indeed.   Glad for twisted. :good:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It looks like our two worlds are about to collide @twisted with the Raiders meeting the Packers.

Packers should be favourites with the Raiders secondary still in it's embryo stages.  I think Rodgers could pick them apart.  Still, I'm pleased with the progress of the Raiders this season and will be happy with a 7-9 or 8-8.  Khalil Mack is developing into a stud on defense (5 sacks last week and leading the NFL this season) and David Carr and the receiving corps are only going to get better.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
13994 said:
It looks like our two worlds are about to collide @twisted with the Raiders meeting the Packers. Packers should be favourites with the Raiders secondary still in it’s embryo stages. I think Rodgers could pick them apart. Still, I’m pleased with the progress of the Raiders this season and will be happy with a 7-9 or 8-8. Khalil Mack is developing into a stud on defense (5 sacks last week and leading the NFL this season) and David Carr and the receiving corps are only going to get better.

It should be a good one.  Oakland is not eliminated yet but it's a long shot for them to make the playoffs.  I think they'll be in the thick of things in a year or two.  For Green Bay they are most likely fighting for a 3 seed.  In order to get the 2 seed they have to win out and that includes an unlikely win @ Arizona in 2 weeks and they would need Arizona to lose one other game.  GB will also likely be fighting for the division in 2 weeks at home vs. Minny which is pretty sad all things considered.  I don't see them going anywhere in the playoffs especially with Carolina, Arizona, and Seattle all looking like powerhouses at this point.

Right now I'd be surprised if Rodgers picks anyone apart for 60 minutes.  He has not done so in about 8 weeks.  Unfortunately for him it's gone from a very rare streak of sub par play to a complete trend which has me a little worried for more than just this season.  He played amazing in the 2nd half of Detroit and was great in the 1st half vs. Dallas last week.  It had me hoping the emotional miracle vs. Detroit had maybe turned the season around for him and GB but then it looked ugly in the 2nd half again until the Packers' running game put the Cowboys away.  11-5 and a division title would sadly keep this coaching staff around...

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
14054 said:
Nightmare start for Derek Carr.

That was a bad start for your team.  They did rebound nicely but then Packers kind of took it from them in the 2nd half and kept the advantage till the end.

My Chiefs won 8th game in a row.  They rebounded nicely after 5 straight losses and have found a way to win without Charles.  They have also had a kind schedule.   Fingers crossed!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah it was not a pretty game between the Packers and Raiders but GB will take any win they can get at this point.  Carr had a very up and down day and the conditions didn't help.  After another very slow start Rodgers showed up in the 2nd half until making a really bad decision late in the 4th quarter on the interception that gave Oakland some small hope. It's 3 wins in a row vs. mediocre/poor teams and there will be a huge step up in class next week.  Barring a huge turnaround I don't see them winning in Arizona but if they do there is still a chance for the #2 seed.  The Chiefs have turned it around in a big way.  They now suddenly have a chance to win the division which is unbelievable.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I don't quite understand wild card thing but Chiefs are in it for now.  Do you mean they can overtake Broncos somehow?  I don't know how unless they win both games that they have left and Broncos lose both of theirs, which is a stretch.  Chiefs do have 2 winnable games and both are played at home, but Broncos also have a big chance of winning their last two games.  They have Bengals next Monday and that might be 1 tough game for them  but one they should still win, especially if Dalton is still out.  When is Manning coming back?

Man I am glad we didn't have to make picks on Saints game, they are shockingly being hammered by Lions. :wacko:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sad to see Charles Woodson announce his retirement.

Hope he gets a great send off in the Coliseum on Thursday.

One of the greatest defensive backs in history.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
britbox said:
Sad to see Charles Woodson announce his retirement. Hope he gets a great send off in the Coliseum on Thursday. One of the greatest defensive backs in history.

I don't know a lot about him, but during tonight's game they were showing some stats, 18 seasons in NFL, 39 years old. He's had quite a career. :good:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Regardless of the circumstances surrounding the title (as in he isn't great anymore and the defense was the main force) I'd say you got to put him top 3 with Montana and Brady. It also should be mentioned that his teams are 3-2 H2H vs. Brady's Pats in the playoffs including 3-1 in championship games. I think the title and beating the Pats along the way definitely bumps him up.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
How about the QBs with most rings: Bradshaw along with Montana and Brady? Aikman has 3. Wouldn't those have to be in front of Payton?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bradshaw's stats were laughable, not even good for that time, and Aikman's were pretty underwhelming too. Pittsburgh won mostly on the strength of their defense while Dallas won mostly on the strength of their running game and incredible offensive line. In a team sport, and football is the ultimate team sport, it isn't all about titles when you rank QB's. That's why it gets tricky to rank Brady and Manning in particular. I think Manning was the better QB for the vast majority of their careers but Brady has more rings and played marginally better than Peyton has in the playoffs. But I think Brady has had the better supporting cast and one of if not the greatest head coaches of all time. If GB stops underachieving and Rodgers gets to even just 3 rings he would have a case for being the best ever, but based on this last awful season for AR and the team in general I'm starting to wonder if they ever get back on track.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No, I hadn't heard that Federberg. Always thought Peyton was the golden boy... dark secrets eh? Doesn't surprise me though - not much does with these high profile figures these days. Will try and keep on top of the story and see what unfolds.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I had vaguely heard of something like this a couple years ago. The Mannings did a good job of sweeping it under the rug but now it seems to have taken off a bit. Between this and the HGH accusations it isn't a great time for Manning's reputation even though he just won another ring.