Federer's Schedule 2018

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fed in an interview to Guardian (just before Rotterdam start).

“I guess by being here now, and maybe being in Dubai, it’s just going to have to be lighter if I play the clay-court season. Or not at all. So I just have to get into this situation a little bit, because the priority is for me to try to defend my sunshine double in Indian Wells and Miami. So, then we’ll see what happens with the clay, what happens next.”

So, Fed is clearly planning on playing both IW and M. Most probably he will skip Dubai, especially if he manages to reach #1 in the next couple of days.
he should be careful with his body : no use to pick up an injury at the begining of the season because of a too busy schedule

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Meldopova dropped out of Dubai. This possibly means Dubai folks would now have more money to spare to Roger. But, I think Roger will reject this time.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I hope Fed wins today and doesn’t have to play Dubai. A match everyday is tough at his age.

Why would organizers be so dumb as to offer the cheater an appearance fee? She has no choice but to accept the WC if she wants the ranking points.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope Fed wins today and doesn’t have to play Dubai. A match everyday is tough at his age.

Why would organizers be so dumb as to offer the cheater an appearance fee? She has no choice but to accept the WC if she wants the ranking points.

Actually, you are right. I am not really sure she is getting appearance fee. She probably is not getting any appearance fee, considering that WC itself is like a gift for her. But, then you never know with Dubai folks.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

You know what I’ve learned this past year after going through divorce? Forgiveness feels good. If I can forgive my ex-wife (and I have), then you can forgive Maria Sharapova.

Or you can feed your anger and end up a cyborg encased in a black metal suit, with no one to love him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Moxie and ftan

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
^ Sorry about ur divorce El Dude, but I strongly believe everything happens for a reason

Reactions: El Dude

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^ Sorry about ur divorce El Dude, but I strongly believe everything happens for a reason

Thanks, ftan. I’m doing really well, happier than I’ve been in years, so am feeling just fine about the divorce. But it has definitely been the hardest year of my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ftan

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry to hear Dude. But, they say if you are not getting divorced sometime, it is probably because you are not getting married often :cool:

Reactions: El Dude and ftan

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Me too.

Maybe fate has something better lined up for you. Life definitely gives people the hardest lessons. We just get shoved in at the deep end. It can be hard to learn to forgive but the hardest person to learn to forgive is ourselves for making mistakes. We're often a lot harder on ourselves than other people & wouldn't treat our own worst enemy like we treat ourselves at times. Good luck! I wish you well.

Reactions: El Dude and ftan

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Now that Fed has wrapped up #1, I guess he would play exactly one of Dubai or Miami (IW is confirmed). I guess most likely it will be Miami.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
who'll be N° 1 after IW ?? big question

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
who'll be N° 1 after IW ?? big question
If my math is right (always a wildcard,) Rafa can pass Roger if Fed loses tomorrow and Rafa wins Acapulco. But I don't expect Roger to lose tomorrow. That leaves IW, where Fed defends 1000 pts and Rafa 90. You're right, @isabelle...big question.

Reactions: Andy22

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Yea his plus Federer might skip Dubai to rest for India wells there he will be under pressure.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fed has confirmed he will skip Dubai, as per above.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Who is Michal Samulski? Is he any reliable?

Other than his tweet, there is no independent reporting of it in any news media. So, I highly doubt he knows it as a matter of fact (even though his guess may become true as it represents the most likely scenario).

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Other than his tweet, there is no independent reporting of it in any news media. So, I highly doubt he knows it as a matter of fact (even though his guess may become true as it represents the most likely scenario).
Sorry, I took that on face value. Are you hoping that Roger plays Dubai?

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions

He was the first person to tweet about Federers Rotterdam WC

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He should skip Dubai. The #1 will probably switch hands multiple times this year. It is currently where it belongs though, that much is clear.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He should skip Dubai. The #1 will probably switch hands multiple times this year. It is currently where it belongs though, that much is clear.
No prejudice? :)