Cincinnati Masters 2022, Ohio, US - ATP Masters 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coriic with another BP....Young Greek too much on his fhand which went long

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Young Greek with a DF and Coric breaks leads 4-2 2nd set and Coric is in control

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I want to shout out to Don Fabio I know he will be watching and what an impressive performance from Borna coming through qualies and has 1 CH point for his first Masters 1000 title
Don I dont know if you are aware of this, I just found out myself, Borna is a natural left hander, chose to play right handed.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow, Coric has just made the argument for himself as the most dangerous floater at the USO. Just when we thought he was done....

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I want to shout out to Don Fabio I know he will be watching and what an impressive performance from Borna coming through qualies and has 1 CH point for his first Masters 1000 title
Yes, happy esp. for Don Fabio. I know we haven't seen @JesuslookslikeBorg around here for a long time, but he was the first to scout him and tout him early doors. Great to see that Borna's hard work through injury is paying off for him!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow, Tsitsipas has suffered a couple of really rough losses to Coric. Surely he's hating making this speech.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well the US Open is where new slam winners have been coming lately, so hopefully here is to another new face joining the ranks.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Two back to back new Masters 1000 winners. It is nice to see new faces picking up these trophies. Now if the guys from Canada would get their games together and win one.

Wow, is this maybe the official changing of the guard? I've been begging for it for ages even though I don't mind Novak continuing to frustrate the record of Fedal! Too bad it took a pandemic and actually banning players to get new winners! At least the recordbook with winners of these last few Masters events have freshened things up a bit! :yawningface: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::fearful-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If we do get a new one, who's your pick?
I would love to see one of the boys from Canada, but they need to pull their games from the toilet before that happens. Coric would be nice or maybe even Fritz as it would be nice to have an American win a slam again. It would be nice if Alcaraz surprised and regained his form. I really like Ruud, but he needs to add more to his game to really contend, but you never know with the final slam.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would love to see one of the boys from Canada, but they need to pull their games from the toilet before that happens. Coric would be nice or maybe even Fritz as it would be nice to have an American win a slam again. It would be nice if Alcaraz surprised and regained his form. I really like Ruud, but he needs to add more to his game to really contend, but you never know with the final slam.
While I will always be rooting for Rafa until he hangs them up, I agree with all of your alternates. Alcaraz is still young, but I'd love to see him at least make a deep run. I think Ruud needs to find his game more on HC. I'm not feeling Shapo right now, but FAA is due for a return to earlier form from this year. I'd love to see Berrettini back in the mix.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW a friend texted me and I did not know this, ( just came back from work)

Borna Coric is a natural left hander but chosen to play right handed?

Yes he will be seeded for the USO now #29 in the live rankings

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, happy esp. for Don Fabio. I know we haven't seen @JesuslookslikeBorg around here for a long time, but he was the first to scout him and tout him early doors. Great to see that Borna's hard work through injury is paying off for him!
I thought we might have seen Jesus Looking like Borg at Wimbledon this year, sad to say he didnt show up
The reason I did a shout to Don Fabio he is from Croatia just like Borna is okay!

Last edited: