ATP World Tour Finals

mac

In the Locker Room
Reactions
Sorry for Rafa's woes. But I am happy John Isner made it. I don't know how the conditions will be at the Tour Finals this year, but John's serve is dangerous anywhere. I think it helps him in return games to have a slower and higher bouncing court, so we will see. He was impressive in Miami this year. I will be very happy if John wins it all - and becomes the first USA winner since Pete Sampras in 1999.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sorry for Rafa's woes. But I am happy John Isner made it. I don't know how the conditions will be at the Tour Finals this year, but John's serve is dangerous anywhere. I think it helps him in return games to have a slower and higher bouncing court, so we will see. He was impressive in Miami this year. I will be very happy if John wins it all - and becomes the first USA winner since Pete Sampras in 1999.
Hi Mac
Welcome aboard.

Reactions: mac

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Will we see a new and surprising Champion like last year?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
why not Dominator or Sasha ? maybe tall Marin ? it'ld be great to see that
I don’t see Marin winning, not the way he is playing, he remind me more and more to Berdych

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
The big question is whether No1e has recovered from the virus he had in Paris. If he hasn't, most he can do is to win couple of long matches before eventually going out. If No1e is healthy, there is no doubt about the winner.

Reactions: mac

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
The big question is whether No1e has recovered from the virus he had in Paris. If he hasn't, most he can do is to win couple of long matches before eventually going out. If No1e is healthy, there is no doubt about the winner.

Spoken like a Nadal fan. A healthy Nadal, er Djokovic can't lose. Don't think even you believe that deep down. Everyone is beatable and a little blocked nose hardly stops someone from winning a tennis match. If he loses it's 'cos the better player won and not some Djokovic fan excuse. It'd be different if he was playing on one leg, but last time I checked he had 2 legs.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Spoken like a Nadal fan. A healthy Nadal, er Djokovic can't lose. Don't think even you believe that deep down. Everyone is beatable and a little blocked nose hardly stops someone from winning a tennis match. If he loses it's 'cos the better player won and not some Djokovic fan excuse. It'd be different if he was playing on one leg, but last time I checked he had 2 legs.

He really looked unbeatable in Shanghai as opposed to Paris where he had that virus. I do think it may the difference.

Reactions: Fiero425

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Unfortunately for Nole, KK was in the zone and everything was falling in for him! Nole played well enough to beat most anyone else! :whistle:

I wasn't talking about final only. I had in mind matches against Cilic and Federer too. I also think that No1e didn't recover fully for the final after long semifinal against Federer. Though I don't understand why his return was subpar all the tournament long.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I wasn't talking about final only. I had in mind matches against Cilic and Federer too. I also think that No1e didn't recover fully for the final after long semifinal against Federer. Though I don't understand why his return was subpar all the tournament long.

You can't win them all or they wouldn't bother to play the matches! It hurt to not take another Masters' event to equal Nadal, but after winning 2; not to mention 2 MAJORS, I'm happy enough and will live! :whistle: :yesyes: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Isner to serve Djokovic off the court

Too bad Isner's so incompetent in his return game needing to win any match 7-6,6-7,7-6 even against the lamest of players! That won't work against the best returner in history! I think Nole will get a break here and there and get off the court in straight sets IMO! John's a throwback that's been over and done with for too long; along with Doc IVO! :whistle: :nono: :banghead: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Reactions: atttomole
G

GSMSampras

Too bad Isner's so incompetent in his return game needing to win any match 7-6,6-7,7-6 even against the lamest of players! That won't work against the best returner in history! I think Nole will get a break here and there and get off the court in straight sets IMO! John's a throwback that's been over and done with for too long; along with Doc IVO! :whistle: :nono: :banghead: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

The best returner could not break Federer who is in bad form for 3 whole sets.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The best returner could not break Federer who is in bad form for 3 whole sets.

Still living in the past I see! Djokovic had a bad day and the old man was playing out of his mind for the 1st time since the Spring! So what it's still ancient history; including his so called big wins over Nole at Cincy! I'm sure Nole will take all his Major wins of the last few years over the old man; 2 Wimbledon finals, a USO, and a AO SF! Remember those? I think they're more important than any Masters' win! Thanks for playing our game; good night and Gawd bless! :whistle: :yesyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

G

GSMSampras

Still living in the past I see! Djokovic had a bad day and the old man was playing out of his mind for the 1st time since the Spring! So what it's still ancient history; including his so called big wins over Nole at Cincy! I'm sure Nole will take all his Major wins of the last few years over the old man; 2 Wimbledon finals, a USO, and a AO SF! Remember those? I think they're more important than any Masters' win! Thanks for playing our game; good night and Gawd bless! :whistle: :yesyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

If Federer who is in bad form can be unbroken against Djokovic then Isner with a better serve will hold easily against the so called best returner.

Khachanov exposed him in Paris.Time for some other guys to stop his vulturing now.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
If Federer who is in bad form can be unbroken against Djokovic then Isner with a better serve will hold easily against the so called best returner.

Khachanov exposed him in Paris.Time for some other guys to stop his vulturing now.

WTF are you talking about; "bad form?" Federer's miss-hit volleys were even climbing over the net for winners! I have no idea what you're talking about! Fed was playing well and saved quite a few BP's so you're coming off a bit delusional! What match were you watching? :cuckoo:

Last edited: