2024 ATP General News

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Rafa if he wins this match plays the Energizer Bunny Alex de Minaur, next, the way Alex is playing on a clay court I think he may win.
Lets see what Don Fabio has to say.
EB will not provide as many free gifts as Cobolli did today. It will be tough match indeed.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
EB will not provide as many free gifts as Cobolli did today. It will be tough match indeed.
Agree, Alex will test out Rafa on every inch of the court, he dosent give free gifts
I still concerned with Rafa's serve at present, lets see how he fares tomorrow against Alex

Reactions: kskate2

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa if he wins this match plays the Energizer Bunny Alex de Minaur, next, the way Alex is playing on a clay court I think he may win.
Lets see what Don Fabio has to say.
D Minor will be a proper test for Rafa. Curious to see where his real level is at the moment, because Cobolli was not good enough. Couple of good points in the 2nd set today, but that was more or less it. Rafa's serve was somewhat slow today. It is hard to bet against Rafa on clay, even when he lacks matches.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hi no one gave me a bump..I will have to catch up on TC replay. How was Rafa moving today
I am still waiting for your cheque lol! Rafa moved okay for his first match back on clay since RG 2022, his serve is still a concern for me,
Rafa will play Alex de Minaur tomorrow, he will test Rafa out physically and wont give him the free gifts that Cobolli did today
Rafa v Alex match is not before 4pm local time Wednesday 17th, though apparently there could be a possible slot change, go to the ATP website if there is any scheduling change for the match

• Love
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I am still waiting for your cheque lol! Rafa moved okay for his first match back on clay since RG 2022, his serve is still a concern for me,
Rafa will play Alex de Minaur tomorrow, he will test Rafa out physically and wont give him the free gifts that Cobolli did today
Rafa v Alex match is not before 4pm local time Wednesday 17th, though apparently there could be a possible slot change, go to the ATP website if there is any scheduling change for the match
You know I luv you @MargaretMcAleer ..I will get the cheque in the mail

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Really Tennis Channel. They keep telling people to tune into T2 for other coverage. I go there just now and they have a roundtable yacking while Norrie's match plays. Norrie's match is on both channels. I'm sorry, but Norrie isn't good enough to command 2 channels simultaneously. :thumbs-down:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Really Tennis Channel. They keep telling people to tune into T2 for other coverage. I go there just now and they have a roundtable yacking while Norrie's match plays. Norrie's match is on both channels. I'm sorry, but Norrie isn't good enough to command 2 channels simultaneously. :thumbs-down:
Norrie is too boring. I haven't watched tennis all year since the AO. I'm sorry Norrie CAN'T be my first match to view.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Norrie is too boring. I haven't watched tennis all year since the AO. I'm sorry Norrie CAN'T be my first match to view.

Man Rafa looks in great condition

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was tweeted a incident by a tennis journalist I follow Jose Morgado earlier at a Oerias Challenger.
I have always found Fognini a loose cannon at times, and his behavior in this tournament needs to be 'called out'.
Fognini just escaped DQ by cms after losing the 1st set vs De Loore in his Oeiras Challenger debut. Threw a ball after the set point that missed the head of the Portuguese Federation President not by much. Unreal scenes.
I am soo tired of this behavior.Should the punishment be based on the action? not on whether the ball actually hits someone or not? or is a warning sufficient in this case?/or receiving a fine as well..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Speaking to Spanish television after his win, Rafa addressed a question on his serve ( translated into English)
"I'm not going to serve like crazy in my first match back.I have some moments where I feel more freedom.Some I feel I need to be more careful.I just need to be logical".

Reactions: shawnbm and Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Speaking to Spanish television after his win, Rafa addressed a question on his serve ( translated into English)
"I'm not going to serve like crazy in my first match back.I have some moments where I feel more freedom.Some I feel I need to be more careful.I just need to be logical".
Anacone said that he gave rather a B today and he will have to turn it up quite another notch to defeat the energizer bunny from down under during the next round

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Anacone said that he gave rather a B today and he will have to turn it up quite another notch to defeat the energizer bunny from down under during the next round
Agree with Anacone, Rafa will be tested tomorrow against the energizer bunny, his playing level will have to go up quite a notch, as Alex wont give Rafa the gifts, UFE like Cobolli did.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I do not dread the pink. Don't pin that on me! LOL.
I'm finally getting a minute to watch a bit of the replay of the match today. Were you saying that Rafa is wearing pink? Because, if so, you need to recalibrate the color on your TV. He's wearing lavender.

Reactions: shawnbm

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm finally getting a minute to watch a bit of the replay of the match today. Were you saying that Rafa is wearing pink? Because, if so, you need to recalibrate the color on your TV. He's wearing lavender.
Yes it was Lavender with a pink trim :)

Reactions: kskate2