Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadal in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well even if Rafa had made the final,if healthy, he would have had to beat Nick K, which would have been a difficult match, then play Novak again another difficult match.That chance has gone now., we have to move on

Outside of the injury problems during the Fritz match I thought he was playing far better than Djokovic in this tournament. Kyrgios I didn't watch much of him so I don't know. Anyways yeah sadly we have to move on.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It is again a learning curve for these youngsters, hopefully if they are in a position to win a match against a higher player, they can take their play to another level and defeat the player.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafanoy

What did you think of Sinner defeating Alcaraz and then taking 2 sets off Novak on grass, I am very proud of him, he past my expectations, especially with his limited play on grass.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It is again a learning curve for these youngsters, hopefully if they are in a position to win a match against a higher player, they can take their play to another level and defeat the player.
Except he’s not a youngster. He’s a few months away from turning 25. This isn’t Alcaraz or Sinner or FAA, who are the genuine youngsters. I’m not trying to argue with you, to be clear. I just don’t want people to give Fritz a free pass at almost 25.

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Except he’s not a youngster. He’s a few months away from turning 25. This isn’t Alcaraz or Sinner or FAA, who are the genuine youngsters. I’m not trying to argue with you, to be clear. I just don’t want people to give Fritz a free pass at almost 25.
My mistake I thought he was younger, still he had the chances to defeat Rafa,so I am not giving him a free pass.I take your point

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Nick Kyrgios regarding Rafa Nadal's withdrawal before their semi final match tomorrow,

"Different players, different personalities.
Rafa Nadal I hope your recovery goes well and we all hope to see you healthy soon.....till next time"

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've been hearing this that Rafa may not play! It would be just as busted as anyone who kills themselves to win a match just to default the next! :lol6:
I still have 3 more pages of this thread to get through, and perhaps I should wait to respond to this, but I saw it earlier, and just want to say this: Rafa did NOT kill himself to win that match. He fully believed through most of it that he would lose it. You saw that even his father and sister encouraged him to retire out. He stayed in so as not to retire out of the QF of Wimbledon, which he did to honor the opponent and the tournament. He did the same with Ferrer in the 2011 QF...he got a groin pull and refused to retire, giving Ferrer the W. I think he was perfectly willing to give Taylor well-deserved W yesterday, and Fritz couldn't close the deal. That's on Fritz. I know you hate Rafa, but you could respect what was an honorable decision to finish out the match. That he won it is down to refusal to stop fighting.

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I still have 3 more pages of this thread to get through, and perhaps I should wait to respond to this, but I saw it earlier, and just want to say this: Rafa did NOT kill himself to win that match. He fully believed through most of it that he would lose it. You saw that even his father and sister encouraged him to retire out. He stayed in so as not to retire out of the QF of Wimbledon, which he did to honor the opponent and the tournament. He did the same with Ferrer in the 2011 QF...he got a groin pull and refused to retire, giving Ferrer the W. I think he was perfectly willing to give Taylor well-deserved W yesterday, and Fritz couldn't close the deal. That's on Fritz. I know you hate Rafa, but you could respect was an honorable decision to finish out the match. That he won it is down to refusal to stop fighting.
Correct, Moxie! Even Fritz will tell you that he should have beaten an injured Nadal in the QF and he would not be okay to play at the SF after Nadal beaten him and withdrew from the tournament with an injury

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Your dream has come true:) BTW My trainer and I put money on Nick yesterday to win, the odds were too good not to lol!
Rafa made the right decision he could have made the tear worse.
OMG, you sound like @Front242! Rafa did say in the presser that he was not able to play 2 more matches, which is a good point. He doesn't come to make a SF. Had it been the final, we can only speculate, but he might have tried.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There are a lot of opinions about the Djokovic v. Norrie SF on here, and I'll respond to them on that thread. I do think that Kyrgios is a dangerous opponent for the final, whomever, and he could well use the rest, given that fitness isn't his strong suit.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Also, let's say for the sake of argument that Nadal did play the semi-final but limited to due to his injury. Then, people will complain about on how should have not played the semi-final at all. At the end of the day, injuries are part of sports and players (and teams) is their job to figure out to win the game/match at those circumstances.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
OMG, you sound like @Front242! Rafa did say in the presser that he was not able to play 2 more matches, which is a good point. He doesn't come to make a SF. Had it been the final, we can only speculate, but he might have tried.
Please where is your sense of humor.......you need to find one, Eye Roll Moxie, I was joking dont be so quick to Judge before you get the full facts,okay
Of course Fiero425 gives you a like against my post........he is soo typical and childish lol!
Go to the post that Front had started about betting and I explained what my PT trainer and I bet on....we also bet that Ons Jabeur would win Wimbledon as well lol!

Last edited:

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Why wasn’t Nadal going to try to win if he didn’t know the scope of the injury he was dealing with with a shot at a Calendar Slam? Also, Nadal more than anyone rarely quits any match even if injured.

Shame on Taylor Fritz for not taking advantage of first serves coming at him like second serves and for not hitting to the backhand more it was a more sound tactic than what he was doing.

Trust me I’m as disappointed as any that Kyrgios got an easy out into the final because I don’t like him at all and would have loved to see if he could muster the challenge of moving from a semi to a final. The only person I would remotely cheer on in a final would have been Fritz or Norrie if he manages it. Kyrgios and Djokovic are meh af.