Wimbledon 2022: How Novak Djokovic defeated Nick Kyrgios

Jack Edward

Reactions
An analysis of how Novak defeated Nick in the Wimbledon final!

- How Novak changed the dynamic of the match after dropping the 1st set
- A tactic Novak used to keep his service games ticking over
- A point-by-point play of two key moments

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pretty miuch! Even though he had to overcome a tough Sinner in 5 sets, I wasn't concerned! He literally had to just show up to defend his title! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Kyrgios got a walk-on to the Finals. All of Kyrgio’s post match interviews and quite frankly his career track record indicate to me he had neither the mental fortitude nor the drive/hard work needed to scrape/claw/ fight /battle to the wire to win the Final against a very formidable opponent.

Reactions: Fiero425 and tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kyrgios got a walk-on to the Finals. All of Kyrgio’s post match interviews and quite frankly his career track record indicate to me he had neither the mental fortitude nor the drive/hard work needed to scrape/claw/ fight /battle to the wire to win the Final against a very formidable opponent.
99F604A4-2383-4B81-A709-96D9E040A2FB.gif

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
idiotic Novak diehards bark again. Just show up? he waited til Nick dropped his level, as he got tight playing his first final, and probably thought he had chance of winning. Before that, Nick didn't even lose a set to him. Delusional Novak fans are the most well known fact in tennis.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He is simply not the norm, but he can show up and beat anyone any day any where (except Rafa on clay).

• Haha
Reactions: nehmeth