Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadal in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa threw Novak a hot potato, a very hot potato and said deal with it, I've had enough. Smart move Rafa! Kyrgios is possibly worse opponent for Novak at this tournament and at this moment.

Didn't I say before the tournament that I would like to see Nick Novak match? I just never tought it would be in a final.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Aussie hasnt had a mens finalist at Wimbledon, Mark Philippoussis was the last man in 2003 he was defeated by Roger Federer

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa threw Novak a hot potato, a very hot potato and said deal with it, I've had enough. Smart move Rafa! Kyrgios is possibly worse opponent for Novak at this tournament and at this moment.

Didn't I say before the tournament that I would like to see Nick Novak match? I just never tought it would be in a final.
Your dream has come true:) BTW My trainer and I put money on Nick yesterday to win, the odds were too good not to lol!
Rafa made the right decision he could have made the tear worse.

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Kyrgios in the fourth round had a problem with his shoulder. Thankfully in the quarters it was fine. Hopefully it will not resurface in the final. If he is 100% I give him a good chance. Also I think that Norrie has a chance too, he can frustrate Djokovic.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Yep, you’re right.

OTTH, a comparable situation was at the YEC years ago with Federer and Waqwrinka! It was obvious that Roger was laboring, but his mental fortitude got him by Stan who was in total control, but allowed Mirka to distract him! Fed gave his little speech the next day as he wimped out of the final against Novak! I was one that was surprised Wawrinka forgave Roger enough to go ahead and win the Davis Cup a week later! :fearful-face: :anxious-face-with-sweat:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Aussie hasnt had a mens finalist at Wimbledon, Mark Philippoussis was the last man in 2003 he was defeated by Roger Federer
And Nicky will have better chance to lift the trophy than Poo did against Fed. So Aussies could go back to back. You had a women's champ last year and a men's this year if it happens.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
And Nicky will have better chance to lift the trophy than Poo did against Fed. So Aussies could go back to back. You had a women's champ last year and a men's this year if it happens.
The Poo was more interested in fast cars and women than tennis, a lousy trainer.
Well people here who normally cant stand Nick are suddenly behind him? strange that lol!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Your dream has come true:) BTW My trainer and I put money on Nick yesterday to win, the odds were too good not to lol!
Rafa made the right decision he could have made the tear worse.
Bold move. There was an opening for Nick until semis since the start of the main draw and now with Rafa withdrawal there he is in a final and with reasonable chance to pull an upset!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bold move. There was an opening for Nick until semis since the start of the main draw and now with Rafa withdrawal there he is in a final and with reasonable chance to pull an upset!
Quite frankly even if Rafa was okay physically, it would have been a difficult match against Nick

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Kyrgios in the fourth round had a problem with his shoulder. Thankfully in the quarters it was fine. Hopefully it will not resurface in the final. If he is 100% I give him a good chance. Also I think that Norrie has a chance too, he can frustrate Djokovic.
He has 3 days off. He should be fine. His shoulder might have been stiff for usage. It's a lot different than a stomach tear

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What are they going to do with the sell out for the Nick v Rafa s/final match now? will people get refunds?
I suppose they could play Nick v Taylor Fritz? as a exhibition match, hang on most people think Wimbledon is a exhibition tournament this year lol!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Shame for Rafa. Still Amazing how he won yesterday with the injury. It is good he is putting his health first. Hopefully a quick recovery.
Fiero425 You Hate Rafa and now your giving him a like and wish him a quick recovery LOL! that has made my day and then some

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
True Nick has a better chance. But Norrie won't be easy either, he has improved a lot this year and will have the crowd behind him. I noticed Djokovic struggling with his backhand when he was stretched wide and Norrie is lefty and could take advantage of that. Ugh overall it just sucks that Nadal is out because he really has a huge chance. :facepalm:
Well even if Rafa had made the final,if healthy, he would have had to beat Nick K, which would have been a difficult match, then play Novak again another difficult match.That chance has gone now., we have to move on