Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
B53F0002-9C12-4786-9CBD-3DB057AC1779.gif

• Sad
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Still proud of you Jannik making the q/final at Wimbledon a first for you, good learning experience on the grass
Ben Fatto Jannik!

Reactions: kskate2

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is all but over. Sinner doesn’t have the mental strength to beat Novak, whose confidence is now soaring. Alcaraz never would have allowed Novak back into the match.
Not exactly..Novak and Rafa can has the ability to take their games to another level in the latter sets at a Grand Slam. I don't know if Carlos is there as yet to be able to do this in a best of 5 grand slam format.

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Jannik's best shot was winning in straights, once he gave up that early break in the 3rd set....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is all but over. Sinner doesn’t have the mental strength to beat Novak, whose confidence is now soaring. Alcaraz never would have allowed Novak back into the match.
This is impossible to know, of course, but Alcaraz is mentally tough and confident, plus it would have been in Djokovic's head about the loss to him in Madrid. He might not have gotten over those nerves he was feeling.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is impossible to know, of course, but Alcaraz is mentally tough and confident, plus it would have been in Djokovic's head about the loss to him in Madrid. He might not have gotten over those nerves he was feeling.
Please that is all here say, I mean could Alcaraz do any better today against Novak, Sinner was in total control of that match, a couple of loose shots in the t/break from Sinner, he should have won in straights sets.

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I doubt anyone was beating Djokovic today especially after he left the court after being 2 sets down, came back playing the last 3 sets at a different level :astonished-face:

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I doubt anyone was beating Djokovic today especially after he left the court after being 2 sets down, came back playing the last 3 sets at a different level :astonished-face:
Sinner really had to defeat him in 3 sets, hard task I know, though being 2 sets to love up, Sinner had all the momentum

Reactions: TheSicilian

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Sinner really had to defeat him in 3 sets, hard task I know, though being 2 sets to love up, Sinner had all the momentum
Shame for him, but he must feel he is getting closer to winning a slam after his Wimbledon performance. Very good tournament.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sinner has to bulk up and get even fitter than he is. There is too much breakdown after every few tournaments. He ruins his own progress because his body can’t keep up after every few tournaments.