tented

Administrator
Reactions
6AB1CB80-DBD2-40C1-9211-95C27D938FC1.jpeg

72E8C28C-7F78-4460-8B86-23804C3E9841.jpeg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm going to give Norrie set for hometown favorite and royals in the box.

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Too bad the royals can't come chase down some of those balls that will whistle by

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I guess no one is giving Cam a snowball's chance in this match. Norrie has nothing to hurt Novak with. So he's going to have to start with hope and crowd support. And by hope, I'd say hoping that Novak starts to look as tight as he did early against Sinner. Djokovic has basically put all of his Major eggs this year in the Wimbledon basket, and he's aware of that. Norrie will have that stress, and the crowd. He's better play on both early.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I guess no one is giving Cam a snowball's chance in this match. Norrie has nothing to hurt Novak with. So he's going to have to start with hope and crowd support. And by hope, I'd say hoping that Novak starts to look as tight as he did early against Sinner. Djokovic has basically put all of his Major eggs this year in the Wimbledon basket, and he's aware of that. Norrie will have that stress, and the crowd. He's better play on both early.

Novak's had to deal with those rowdy, classlesss crowds before! I'm still seething over their favoritism for Roger in 2019 who owns 8 titles, but were supposed to hope he steals another one closing in on 40! Karma allowed Roger to be on the precipous of winning #9 with MP's in hand! Nole ended up actually stealing that championship thank GAWD! I will never get over crowds rudely applauding DF's and UFE's showing The English "ain't" no better than the rest of the world! :fearful-face: :anxious-face-with-sweat::astonished-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak's had to deal with those rowdy, classlesss crowds before! I'm still seething over their favoritism for Roger in 2019 who owns 8 titles, but were supposed to hope he steals another one closing in on 40! Karma allowed Roger to be on the precipous of winning #9 with MP's in hand! Nole ended up actually stealing that championship thank GAWD! I will never get over crowds rudely applauding DF's and UFE's showing The English "ain't" no better than the rest of the world! :fearful-face: :anxious-face-with-sweat::astonished-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
If they cheer for their local, how can you fault them. Novak had to face that with Murray before, and he needs to be prepared.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kyrgios in the fourth round had a problem with his shoulder. Thankfully in the quarters it was fine. Hopefully it will not resurface in the final. If he is 100% I give him a good chance. Also I think that Norrie has a chance too, he can frustrate Djokovic.
I cant see Norrie causing any trouble against Novak.

Reactions: don_fabio

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I cant see Norrie causing any trouble against Novak.

Most people didn’t see Sinner causing Djokovic any problems either, up 2 sets to 0. Also Djokovic had two other four setters against nobodies. Norrie will put a lot of balls back in play and I feel that it will be a close match.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lets face it Novak has had a weak draw to the final, I mean my young Italian was the only player to take 2 sets off him

Not true Djokovic also lost two other sets in the tournament to two other players who are nowhere near Norrie. Djokovic is beatable.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Most people didn’t see Sinner causing Djokovic any problems either, up 2 sets to 0. Also Djokovic had two other four setters against nobodies. Norrie will put a lot of balls back in play and I feel that it will be a close match.
Not entirely true. I actually voted Sinner in 5 and he let me down.

Reactions: Moxie

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not entirely true. I actually voted Sinner in 5 and he let me down.

Yeah well you were one of the very few who gave him a shot. The point is, Djokovic had a 5 setter against Sinner and 4 setters against Van Ritjhoven and Kwon, so there's a chance that either Norrie or Kyrgios can take him out. He's not unbeatable this year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah well you were one of the very few who gave him a shot. The point is, Djokovic had a 5 setter against Sinner and 4 setters against Van Ritjhoven and Kwon, so there's a chance that either Norrie or Kyrgios can take him out. He's not unbeatable this year.
Hang on...Novak knows that this is his only chance to win a GS title this year,.Novak will up is play dont think he will not, he is a champion player, whether you like him or not.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hang on...Novak knows that this is his only chance to win a GS title this year,.Novak will up is play dont think he will not, he is a champion player, whether you like him or not.

For sure that he is still the favorite but I think Norrie or Kyrgios will cause a surprise. People are underestimating both.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I give NickK a better chance of defeating Novak than Norrie, just my opinion

True Nick has a better chance. But Norrie won't be easy either, he has improved a lot this year and will have the crowd behind him. I noticed Djokovic struggling with his backhand when he was stretched wide and Norrie is lefty and could take advantage of that. Ugh overall it just sucks that Nadal is out because he really had a good chance. :facepalm:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think a lot of the gaming of this match ended up on the Kyrgios v Nadal thread. Understandably. I'm going to say this: After a blazing start against Sinner, the tables turned 180 degrees early in the first, as Novak got tight, and Sinner loosened up. Even Novak himself has said that he is very keen to win The Championships this year, as he may not get to play the USO. (Placeholder here for AO options, which are also dicey.) IMO, Novak got very tight with the pressure. Very likely it will happen again. How is he going to play this SF without feeling the pressure? Cam will have the crowd, and he knows a rested Kyrgios awaits. Personally, I think he'd feel calmer if he even knew a compromised Nadal were still in the mix. Tomorrow is down to Djokovic to handle his nerves and expectations, for sure.

However, I have sent a small voodoo doll for Kate Middleton to put in her otherwise useless handbag. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh please if anyone thinks that Cam Norrie can take even 1 set off Novak in this semi final
Novak in straight sets he will have his 'eyes on the prize'' for certain
Novak knows this is his chance to win a GS title at Wimbledon, because he may not be able to compete at the USO later this year.