2018 Wimbledon Championships - Men

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Nole tricked us guys. For a few matches we thought he was back...

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Must be a nice life being Isner. No expectations to win a slam but can win the odd MS or make a slam SF by just being a tree.

Reactions: crystalfire

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal winning in 5 in QF of Wimbledon and Federer losing in 5 in QF of Wimbledon. Can it get anymore insulting than that?

lob

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Those two results tell a story about their whole careers.
Nadal winning in 5 in QF of Wimbledon and Federer losing in 5 in QF of Wimbledon. Can it get anymore insulting than that?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Those two results tell a story about their whole careers.

Both JMDP and Federer won more return points in the fifth set iirc.

The margins on grass are very small so tough to recover while even losing serve once

lob

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Surely he was thinking: "why should I bother to try to win? No one will ever catch me, anyway." Or, perhaps he just got beat even though he was trying. B-)
Of course. But many of those US open losses were like today's. He could have won at least some of those if he was not choking.

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

This is one of the worst sporting days ever. That shameless twat is zoning in on the record and I'd personally rather see half the countries in the world fall into the ocean than that.

Reactions: monfed

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I'll be at work when the semis are on and, frankly, couldn't be bothered watching the final now against whichever serve bot it will be. The tournament is over for me. Gonna be a putrid final anyway.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
From where I sit they would be.
O.K. In your opinion they would be. Everyone has different opinions. People are always going to agree with different people on some things but disagree with them on others. Just because people don't agree with others on some things doesn't mean they can't be friends. We've got the right to have & air an opinion. We can't please everyone so we may as well just please ourselves while respecting other people's rights to have & air an opinion. We must know when to agree to disagree though so arguments don't last forever & it's also important to ensure we allow ourselves the same rights we allow others & show ourselves the same respect we show others.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Who wins?
I was hoping that you hadn't noticed that my prediction stopped short. :D Please see my points on the Nadal/Novak thread, but you know me: Rafa! In all honesty, I think it will be tight, not a walkover, as you predict, and I'm nervous, as always, when it comes to Rafa playing Nole. On pure form and serve, atm, I'd say Novak, but I think there will be a lot of pushing and shoving, and I don't think Novak will survive it.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I was hoping that you hadn't noticed that my prediction stopped short. :D Please see my points on the Nadal/Novak thread, but you know me: Rafa! In all honesty, I think it will be tight, not a walkover, as you predict, and I'm nervous, as always, when it comes to Rafa playing Nole. On pure form and serve, atm, I'd say Novak, but I think there will be a lot of pushing and shoving, and I don't think Novak will survive it.

Catching on to what I missed on every thread then I'll hop onto the Nadal-Djokovic thread.

Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

The difference between Roger and Rafa is this.

Roger loves winning, but does not necessarily hate losing.

Rafa despises losing, but does not necessarily enjoy winning.