2018 Wimbledon Championships - Men

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I expect Novak-Special K match to be much shorter than Roger - Anderson match. Special K seems to be seriously injured and the only reason he won is because Gulbis got injured more than him as he fell down during the TB.

But, I have no complaints about the court assignment. However, if I had actually purchased CC ticket, I would have serious issues with it.
If they weren't steeped in tradition they could get all the QF matches on CC. If they started at 11AM, there would be time to play all 4 matches and close the roof if the last one wasn't done by dark and then put doubs on Court 1.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Welcome back, @Jelenafan! That's a throw-back re: Borg. It's funny how much people complain about court assignments. I was thinking that, given there is a chance of rain in the afternoon, they put the surely longer ones on CC, where there's a roof, and Roger v. Anderson on Court 1, which shouldn't go too long, and then figured, well...Isner v. Raonic...whatever. (Sorry, @herios.)
It would be good for us to have rain. We haven't had rain for at least a month not even at night. Everyone's grass is yellow, brown & white now except those who have been watering their lawns or put down fake grass. It's been too hot.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
If they weren't steeped in tradition they could get all the QF matches on CC. If they started at 11AM, there would be time to play all 4 matches and close the roof if the last one wasn't done by dark and then put doubs on Court 1.
In my view there is absolutely nothing stopping them from starting at 11am, except perhaps American tv

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
53rd QF for Fed and if my memory bank of Nad losses is correct this is his 32nd QF. Nadal has converted over 50% of the time from this stage with Fed at a very underwhelming rate of less than 40%. One of the reasons this war is still ongoing.

And Fed was 16/27 after AO 2010, the joys of aging. 4/25 since then going into this event.

Last edited:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
53rd QF for Fed and if my memory bank of Nad losses is correct this is his 32nd QF. Nadal has converted over 50% of the time from this stage with Fed at a very underwhelming rate of less than 40%. One of the reasons this war is still ongoing.
But Nadal missed a lot of tennis with injury breaks, while Federer skipped very few grand slam events over the last 15 years. Federer has been skipping RG since 2017 if I am not mistaken.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Fed's CC FH has declined so much that he can't hit a clean winner from the baseline anymore. His FH motion has become like Nadal on the CC FH.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Fed is angry he was shoved on court 1. Revenge set 6-2.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
faker is getting a piece of his own medicine.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
If I were a Fed fan I'd be worried about Djokovic. He looks legit.
he's certainly starting to look like the biggest threat. At this stage I find myself rooting for Rafa to survive Delpo and Novak. Amazing how things have turned around

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
If I were a Fed fan I'd be worried about Djokovic. He looks legit.

He's having trouble holding serve vs Anderson. I'm worried about anyone at this stage. Djoker being in the final would be the much lesser of two evils.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Whenever someone distracts Fed before serving, he almost always loses the point.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
he's certainly starting to look like the biggest threat. At this stage I find myself rooting for Rafa to survive Delpo and Novak. Amazing how things have turned around

A loss to Djoker would be bad but a loss to Rafa would basically make it a given that Fed gets caught. That's the difference.

Besides Djoker may be about to lose the set. How great is he looking today if it's a set a piece against a mediocre grass court player?

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
A loss to Djoker would be bad but a loss to Rafa would basically make it a given that Fed gets caught. That's the difference.

Besides Djoker may be about to lose the set. How great is he looking today if it's a set a piece against a mediocre grass court player?

It doesn't matter because Fed can't do to faker what Nishikori can.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It doesn't matter because Fed can't do to faker what Nishikori can.

Nishikori cant beat Djoker in decent form. The point I'm making is Novak still seems to have a lot of bad tennis in him at times. He has shown a lot of progress this event but the true test is the semi...if he even makes it.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
This PMac Gilbert duo is awful. Gilbert's got a big mouth and PMac trying to calm him down. Must be stressful for PMac.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Nishikori cant beat Djoker in decent form. The point I'm making is Novak still seems to have a lot of bad tennis in him at times. He has shown a lot of progress this event but the true test is the semi...if he even makes it.

If faker plays bad tennis he could lose here and hand Nadull a bye to the final.