Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Isner in five sets

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Isner leads the H2H 8-3 including the last five matches in a row. Just to let you know, they have not played since 2015 so they are two totally different players now.

Reactions: Denis

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I guess Isner in four. Hard for KA to follow up such a big win.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Isner in 4 sets. Anderson produced a once in a lifetime performance against Roger. He will lose this one.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I too think Isner will win. KA is sure to have emotional let down after taking such a major scalp. While I don't think it will go to five sets, I am not sure it will be three or four sets.

If KA can avoid (it is hard to do so) emotional let down, he does stand a chance. His ROS, baseline play and mental strength all have improved considerably.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Isner will win easily, not a walk in the park to break his serve unlike pathetic Roger today. Isner will probably break Anderson more times in 3-4 sets than Roger did today as well.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Isner in 4 sets. Anderson produced a once in a lifetime performance against Roger. He will lose this one.
Good chance that he has the classic let-down after the big upset. And he doesn't serve as well as he might for a tall guy. Isner's serve is really the best on tour and it's been white-hot this tournament, from what I can tell. KA will have to hold serve all the time, and take advantage of Big John's movement or he's toast.

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Good chance that he has the classic let-down after the big upset. And he doesn't serve as well as he might for a tall guy. Isner's serve is really the best on tour and it's been white-hot this tournament, from what I can tell. KA will have to hold serve all the time, and take advantage of Big John's movement or he's toast.
Agree. But the result or this match is unimportant for most fans I think, of course excepct the players and their teams, and maybe except some Americans and SAfricans. The other semi-final will determine the champion. We've seen for example, in last y USO, how anti-climatic the final of Nadal vs. Kandy was. So if your man beats joker tomorrow, you can already relax and celebrate.:)

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hard to say before yesterday Kevin Anderson had never taken a set, let alone beat Roger, so things happen. Anderson has made it to a slam final, so that helps him. I think this is a toss up.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kevin Anderson is an odd one
Hard to say before yesterday Kevin Anderson had never taken a set, let alone beat Roger, so things happen. Anderson has made it to a slam final, so that helps him. I think this is a toss up.

I have always liked Anderson. Yesterday he took his biggest scalp ever. Potential for a huge let down, but I don't think he's going to come out flat... even money here.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Isner will show just how awful Fed was.

It's a completely different match. Since when is Fed a serve-bot?

I hope they don't take too long, they scheduled this match before Djokovic - Nadal.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It's a completely different match. Since when is Fed a serve-bot?

I hope they don't take too long, they scheduled this match before Djokovic - Nadal.

Fed got broken 4 times in something like 33 service games by the scrub. You don't need to be a serve bot to hold serve decently. Meanwhile Fed only broke the clown 3 out of 33 times, something Isner could probably beat.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fed got broken 4 times in something like 33 service games by the scrub. You don't need to be a serve bot to hold serve decently. Meanwhile Fed only broke the clown 3 out of 33 times, something Isner could probably beat.

The scrub plays different than Isner. KA will find it easier to break than Isner and Isner will be harder to break than KA. Rallies are different, different ways of constructing points, playing to weaknesses etc. It's just not comparable.

It's like saying Fed showed how awful Nadal was in 2009 by beating Soderling. Completely ridiculous stuff by you two.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Here are the odds for just this match.

1. John Isner 13/14
2. Anderson 30/29

Approximately works out to 51% chance for Isner and 49% chance for Anderson.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Agree. But the result or this match is unimportant for most fans I think, of course excepct the players and their teams, and maybe except some Americans and SAfricans. The other semi-final will determine the champion. We've seen for example, in last y USO, how anti-climatic the final of Nadal vs. Kandy was. So if your man beats joker tomorrow, you can already relax and celebrate.:)

If Novak wins the SF, he will win the title. But, cannot say the samething other way, as Rafa typically has problems with big servers. However, Rafa will indeed be the favorite by a wide margin, if he wins the SF.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If Novak wins the SF, he will win the title. But, cannot say the samething other way, as Rafa typically has problems with big servers. However, Rafa will indeed be the favorite by a wide margin, if he wins the SF.
Isner beat Novak a few years ago at IW when Novak was in good form. KA should be very doable, but Isner worries me also because he has never played as good as now.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Isner beat Novak a few years ago at IW when Novak was in good form. KA should be very doable, but Isner worries me also because he has never played as good as now.

That is a three set match. Surely Big John cannot be serving big time continuous over the course of a long five set match. He will have let downs and Novak will patiently wait for the let down and pounce on it when it happens.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Isner has beaten Novak twice, Rafa never, just FYI.

Reactions: Jelenafan