GENTLEMAN'S SINGLES PRIZE MONEY: £17,000,000
FIELD SIZE: 128
DEFENDING CHAMPION: Roger Federer

Seeds:

1 FEDERER, Roger (SUI)
2 NADAL, Rafael (ESP)
3 CILIC, Marin (CRO)
4 ZVEREV, Alexander (GER)
5 DEL POTRO, Juan Martin (ARG) DIMITROV, Grigor (BUL)
6 DIMITROV, Grigor (BUL)
7 THIEM, Dominic (AUT)8 ANDERSON, Kevin (RSA)
9 ISNER, John (USA)
10 GOFFIN, David (BEL)
11 QUERREY, Sam (USA)
12 DJOKOVIC, Novak (SRB)
13 RAONIC, Milos (CAN)
14 BAUTISTA AGUT, Roberto (ESP)
15 SCHWARTZMAN, Diego (ARG)
16 KYRGIOS, Nick (AUS)
17 CORIC, Borna (CRO)
18 POUILLE, Lucas (FRA)
19 SOCK, Jack (USA)
20 FOGNINI, Fabio (ITA)
21 CARRENO BUSTA, Pablo (ESP)
22 EDMUND, Kyle (GBR)
23 MANNARINO, Adrian (FRA)
24 GASQUET, Richard (FRA)
25 NISHIKORI, Kei (JPN)
26 CHUNG, Hyeon (KOR)
27 KOHLSCREIBER, Philipp (GER)
28 SHAPOVALOV, Denis (CAN)
29 DZUMHUR, Damir (BIH)
30 KRAJINOVIC, Filip (SRB)
31 CECCHINATO, Marco (ITA)
32 VERDASCO, Fernando (ESP)

2356814392_0.jpg
b_00_Trophies_112_AELTC_JB.jpg

The Tournament:

The Championships, Wimbledon, commonly known simply as Wimbledon, is the oldest tennis tournament in the world, and is considered by many to be the most prestigious.

It has been held at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London since 1877. It is one of the four Grand Slam tennis tournaments, the others being the Australian Open, the French Open and the US Open. Since the Australian Open shifted to hardcourt in 1988, Wimbledon is the only major still played on grass.

It continues to honour many long-standing traditions, including a strict dress code for competitors, the eating of strawberries and cream, and royal patronage. In 2013, Andy Murray became the first British male singles champion since Fred Perry in 1936.

The Players:

World Number Two and defending champion Roger Federer heads the field. The Swiss has won the chip 8 times.

Be on the lookout for 3 former champs, Novak with 3 titles, Nadal and Murray with 2. Other seeds to watch out for include 2017 finalist Marin Cilic, 2016 finalist Milos Raonic, newly cemented top tenner Kevin Anderson, German phenom Sascha Zverev, multi-talented Aussie Nick Kyrios, slam champs Wawrinka and Del Potro; a cast of next generation stars, mid-level, veteran players and some aging jocks all clamoring for their first grand slam title.
federer-trophy-759.jpg

GettyImages-809298670-760x507.jpg

160627160842-wimbledon-2016-novak-djokovic-super-tease.jpg

nadal-wimbledon-2016-withdrawal.jpg

wawrinka-wimbledon-2016-preview.jpg

federer-cilic-wimbledon-2016-9.jpg

Day+Two+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+4e9SDOPGiEcl.jpg

About London

London is the capital and most populous city of England, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom. Standing on the River Thames in the south eastern part of the island of Great Britain it has a population of 8.5 million with a wider metro of nearly 14 million inhabitants.

London is a leading global city, with strengths in the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, healthcare, media, professional services, research and development, tourism, and transport all contributing to its prominence. It is one of the world's leading financial centres.

1920px-London_Thames_Sunset_panorama_-_Feb_2008.jpg

Photo: David Iliff

Tower_of_london_from_swissre.jpg

800px-2016-02_City_of_London.jpg

Tourism Guide:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here are the potential QF matchups on the men's side:

Federer-Anderson
Cilic-Dimitrov
Thiem-Zverev
Delpo-Nadal

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here are the potential R16 matchups:

[Federer-Coric, Querrey-Anderson, Cilic-Raonic, Isner-Dimitrov] [Thiem-Djokovic, Kyrgios-A.Zverev, del Potro-Goffin, Schwartzman-Nadal]

Federer got big servers on his half of the draw however Djokovic is on Nadal's side of the draw.

Nadal mostly got clay courters on his quarter side of the draw (Diego, Fognini, and Cecchinato)

Murray is in Nadal's quarter however he will face Paire in the 1st round and a potential 2nd round match with either Shapovalov or Chardy and then a potential 3rd round match with Delpo.

Last edited:
Reactions: britbox

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In recap of the draw:

Federer should be able to reach the Quarterfinals maybe even the semifinals if he plays his B game. The potential 4th round match with Coric will be interesting though...

Djokovic has favorable until the quarterfinals (where he could potentially face Kyrgios or Sascha Zverev).

Nadal has very good draw just because he did not get any big servers on his quarter HOWEVER, Mischa Zverev is could face him in the 3rd round (I am not sure on this one).

Cilic has a comfortable draw but he did draw Raonic and that could be a potential tricky R16 match assuming Raonic is healthy.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger vs Borna..Roger has definitely has to be looking pass those other slugs to get an opportunity to get revenge..

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Can't say I'm thrilled to see Coric again especially after maybe having to face Ivo the round before. We will see early on if Fed can step it up. But the main thing I didn't want to see is Cilic in the semis. I'd have rather seen Djokovic in round 1 instead of Cilic in the semis. Nadal got about as easy a draw as imaginable of course.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
lol @ dulls draw..this is too much man I give up., not a single big hitter and drawing claycourters... And of course fed got cilic :facepalm:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
thought draw for Sir Andy, Paire in 1st round, not easy at all

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It may sound weird but I was hoping Fed would face a semi-dangerous opponent early on in the first few rounds. Karlovoc is that but he is more a baseline detriment so it's not a good thing. I'd classify Coric as flat out dangerous, that chap has serious upside. Roger is going to have to bring it and if he gets to the semi and it's Cilic I won't be confident at all. Feels like it could be Marin's time to win this if he's ever going to. The other side is wide open. Blue-collared peasant got a very friendly draw and there are health concerns for DP and Zverev, two guys who could blast him off the court. Good opportunity for Djoker to make some noise for the first time in 2 years. Hopefully someone stops evil in its tracks.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Can't say I'm thrilled to see Coric again especially after maybe having to face Ivo the round before. We will see early on if Fed can step it up. But the main thing I didn't want to see is Cilic in the semis. I'd have rather seen Djokovic in round 1 instead of Cilic in the semis. Nadal got about as easy a draw as imaginable of course.
"You can't STOP what's COMING "

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
hope tall Marin can win this year

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lajovic will be a good test for Federer because he is able to hold serve and has a good forehand. However, he can not hit consistently. Lajovic is a poor man’s Borna Coric.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Lajovic will be a good test for Federer because he is able to hold serve and has a good forehand. However, he can not hit consistently. Lajovic is a poor man’s Borna Coric.

Never thought I'll see the day when another player is called poor man's Coric. Always thought we would be saying Coric is poor man's fakervic.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Never thought I'll see the day when another player is called poor man's Coric. Always thought we would be saying Coric is poor man's fakervic.

Yeah Coric looks like a mini-Djoker to me, he just needs consistency. He did play a great match in that Halle final, still Fed should have dusted him off in straights if he didn't piss away all the chances in the first set.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
"You can't STOP what's COMING "

Roger can, anyways I love when you say that bro. It has backfired the last couple times, worst being last year's Wimbledon when you convinced yourself Roger had a chance to lose. This Wimbledon is different because Roger is different from last year. That boy needs to get greedy again and that will see him to 22 if not more.

Good will triumph over evil in the end. Nadal must not get his hands on the slam mark, talk about bad for the sport when he gets exposed, and that day will come.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah Coric looks like a mini-Djoker to me, he just needs consistency. He did play a great match in that Halle final, still Fed should have dusted him off in straights if he didn't piss away all the chances in the first set.

Fed will have 2 days off before his match against Coric i.e if Coric even makes it that far because he has to play Medvedev which won't be easy. Also let's face it, Fed was in terrible form in IW and still won. In Halle he should've won in two so even though Coric is not an easy matchup because of his solid baseline game and return and no real weaknesses, he's not a proven quantity in slams unlike Cilic.

In the SF, both Fed and Cilic will be in good form so it's just a question of who delivers on the day. I pick Fed to GOAT for that SF.

Ofcourse if Fed keeps taking 10 BPs to convert one he could go out anytime, that much is clear.