2018-2019 NBA Season

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm interested to see if the Bucks true level is closer to the 10-3 start against a very hard schedule or the ugly 5-4 since then against a pretty soft schedule. They have lost a few games to weak teams and that oftentimes ends up being the difference between a top 2 seed and a lower one. I would think as long as the Freak is healthy they will be a 4 seed at worst. The best teams usually don't drop games to scrubs like the Knicks and Suns. My guess is that their true level is somewhere in between the hot start and the last few weeks.

I like Coach Bud a lot already, he isn't afraid to call out poor effort. He benched Middleton (the Bucks 2nd best player) against the Knicks due to terrible defense. Overall the offense has been incredible all year, but they still could improve a lot on defense and that's what has been costing them games. I'd like Middleton to be better on defense even if it means his offense struggles. Same with Bledsoe. Both guys are free agents after this year and I think both will be big decisions.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting debate. Thoughts?

I think he has a very long ways to go to be on Magic's level. I understand that Curry is an incredible scorer but there is more to the game than that and that is why Magic is near the top of any all-time great list.

This was also in response to an absolutely laughable all-time starting 5 from Allen Iverson. 3 of those guys clearly don't belong on that list.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I see GM LeBron is up to his old tricks of trying to lobby for awful personnel moves. I don't know what Carmelo has done the past couple years to make anyone think he can still make a positive contribution. The Lakers are doing well so far, much better than I figured this early in the year. One of the few reasons I thought the Lakers may be a good fit is that LeBron would respect Magic enough to let him do his thing. LeBron's greatest weakness is his sentimentality. I mean if I befriended the guy he'd probably try to get me a max contract to play for the team he's on.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I see GM LeBron is up to his old tricks of trying to lobby for awful personnel moves. I don't know what Carmelo has done the past couple years to make anyone think he can still make a positive contribution. The Lakers are doing well so far, much better than I figured this early in the year. One of the few reasons I thought the Lakers may be a good fit is that LeBron would respect Magic enough to let him do his thing. LeBron's greatest weakness is his sentimentality. I mean if I befriended the guy he'd probably try to get me a max contract to play for the team he's on.

What has any old vet really done? I saw a little of this BS today on "First Take!" If you have the choice, you should always go back to the old stars w/ B-ball fundamentals at their beck & call! I'd always go w/ Magic over Curry, Olajuwon over Shaq, & Jordan over Kobe! :hoops:

Last edited:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
What has any old vet really done? I saw a little of this BS today on "First Take!" If you have the choice, you should always go back to the old stars w/ B-ball fundamentals at their beck & call! I'd always go w/ Magic over Curry, Olajuwon over Shaq, & Jordon over Kobe! :hoops:

Well regardless of debates on fundamentals I agree with your choices above. But seriously, what's up with calling him Jordon??

Pops said basketball was boring the other day. I don't agree with him but I know where he's coming from. There is so much emphasis on outside shooting and wing players in general that he misses the old days when there was more variety. I think with how great the shooting is now they really should go back to allowing hand checks and then get rid of this new stupid rule where you can't impede players moving without the ball. Just like the NFL we might be heading to there being too much offense.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well regardless of debates on fundamentals I agree with your choices above. But seriously, what's up with calling him Jordan??

Pops said basketball was boring the other day. I don't agree with him but I know where he's coming from. There is so much emphasis on outside shooting and wing players in general that he misses the old days when there was more variety. I think with how great the shooting is now they really should go back to allowing hand checks and then get rid of this new stupid rule where you can't impede players moving without the ball. Just like the NFL we might be heading to there being too much offense.

Fixed! It's already happening with too much offense! It's routine for teams to score well over 100 points; actually going 130+ when defense was all the rage years ago where teams weren't even coming close to that! :hoops: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
LOL! ESPN is calling this upset Friday because so many good teams lost to scrub squads. :whistle:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL! ESPN is calling this upset Friday because so many good teams lost to scrub squads. :whistle:

You watching this Bucks-Warriors game. Golden State is locking them all down except Giannis. Just a 1 point game though.

There have been a lot of big upsets in the league this year. Seems like more parity than usual with all the top teams losing multiple games to scrubs.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Small trade made by the Bucks today but a very good one. They dumped salary for George Hill who figures to be a pretty solid backup PG

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This team doesn't run enough offense through Giannis.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
There are a lot of ways to lose to Golden State. But the easiest way is when you allow Eagle and the supporting cast light you up like tonight.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Giannis main improvement this year is on defense. He will be a 1st team all defense this year even though there are some big name defenders to compete with.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This team still just looks like a 45 win team that started the year red hot. They have not looked remotely good since the 10-3 start.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well regardless of debates on fundamentals I agree with your choices above. But seriously, what's up with calling him Jordon??

I have a feeling that's Pop's way of saying he's on his way out. He had a tough year w/ the loss of his wife, the Leonard drama, Manu retiring and Parker leaving.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
You watching this Bucks-Warriors game. Golden State is locking them all down except Giannis. Just a 1 point game though.

There have been a lot of big upsets in the league this year. Seems like more parity than usual with all the top teams losing multiple games to scrubs.
I watched it in pieces, mainly the 2nd half. It was competitive there for awhile, but you can still see too many turnovers by the young Bucks. I agree they look like a 45 win team. The freak needs to add some outside shooting and a CP3 course on ball handling to his game. He would be unstoppable.

Did you know he turned 24 on Thurs?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched it in pieces, mainly the 2nd half. It was competitive there for awhile, but you can still see too many turnovers by the young Bucks. I agree they look like a 45 win team. The freak needs to add some outside shooting and a CP3 course on ball handling to his game. He would be unstoppable.

Did you know he turned 24 on Thurs?

Yep I'm aware. His future is incredibly bright. Might sound extreme but if he gets any kind of an outside shot he could be the 2nd best player in the league pretty quickly. His ball handling is actually pretty good, he's not reckless on offense or defense as much as he has been.

But the big question with Milwaukee is the other guys and they have a lot of free agents coming up. And I don't see them landing a huge mega superstar in a trade or free agency any time soon. This is Milwaukee. Middleton seems to already be clashing with Bud so I'd actually like to see them trade him for two above average players on reasonable contracts that don't expire next year. Obviously it's not a given they could find that scenario but I'd be takers if I'm the Bucks

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I have a feeling that's Pop's way of saying he's on his way out. He had a tough year w/ the loss of his wife, the Leonard drama, Manu retiring and Parker leaving.

You might be right. I don't think the spurs will make the playoffs this year and Pops might call it a legendary career after that. I think they've made the playoffs 21 straight years or something. Absolutely absurd.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
You might be right. I don't think the spurs will make the playoffs this year and Pops might call it a legendary career after that. I think they've made the playoffs 21 straight years or something. Absolutely absurd.

Pop like Phil Jackson had great players, but he still had to manage those egos which will probably make him seem great! I'm still a little annoyed how he fired Spurs coach Hill who didn't have "the Admiral" Robinson all '96-97 season due to injury, then after drafting Duncan took over the position! How could he lose with those twin towers to anchor his team? That's how I remember it, but as a senile old goat, I could be projecting! :cuckoo: :banghead: :facepalm: :nono: :rolleyes: :hoops: