2018-2019 NBA Season

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
With the Warriors "coast" is the operative word. It seems that they think they can turn it up for the playoffs , which well they did last year. They can look incredibly sketchy at times, but OTOH, it's hard to combat some complacency.

I will put it this way, if they all stay pretty healthy the whole year anything less than 70 wins can be qualified as coasting for them. Last year was a huge coast when they realized Houston was going to edge them for HCA. They can flip the switch in the playoffs like the last couple years.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
lol! Anyone think the Cavs are missing Lebron?

Vegas put their win total this year at over/under 31.5 or something like that. After seeing that I wanted to find a place to loan me $10 million and allow me to pay it back next April. That team will struggle to win more than 20 without him.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Vegas put their win total this year at over/under 31.5 or something like that. After seeing that I wanted to find a place to loan me $10 million and allow me to pay it back next April. That team will struggle to win more than 20 without him.
I would have a look again now, surely it's already moved

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I would have a look again now, surely it's already moved

It's actually in my original post, they had them at 30.5 wins. It's like they thought the team was respectable even though it was clear one guy dragged them there. The only question was whether it's the first or 2nd worst supporting cast to ever make the finals (2007 Cavs are the other one).

Reactions: Federberg

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Both Bucks and Raps are looking pretty solid eh @DarthFed ? I haven't seen the Bucks yet , what are you seeing? As far as Raps, there is a lot of room for improvement so I am kind of excited.

Yeah they got a nice matchup tomorrow here. As long as Kawhi is healthy and serious I think the Raps will be the team to beat in the East.

Main improvement with the Bucks is ball movement which is why they are getting so many good looks from 3. Lopez's 3 point shooting stretches the defense which is making it tougher for teams to stop Giannis in the paint. That game against the Sixers is a prime example, they lured Embiid out of the paint after Lopez knocked down a bunch of 3's and the result was Giannis getting whatever he wanted. Middleton has taken his game to a new level since the playoffs last year and has really become a knock down shooter.

The defense has also been better without Kidd's hyper trap system which clearly doesn't work in today's NBA. Bud is known as a defensive coach but the inprovement in the offense is most noticeable. The Bucks bench is also much improved with Ilyasova and their rookie DiVincenzo is high energy and is making a positive impact. A lot to be excited about though the season is very young.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murat Baslamisli

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Yeah they got a nice matchup tomorrow here. As long as Kawhi is healthy and serious I think the Raps will be the team to beat in the East.

Main improvement with the Bucks is ball movement which is why they are getting so many good looks from 3. Lopez's 3 point shooting stretches the defense which is making it tougher for teams to stop Giannis in the paint. That game against the Sixers is a prime example, they lured Embiid out of the paint after Lopez knocked down a bunch of 3's and the result was Giannis getting whatever he wanted. Middleton has taken his game to a new level since the playoffs last year and has really become a knock down shooter.

The defense has also been better without Kidd's hyper trap system which clearly doesn't work in today's NBA. Bud is known as a defensive coach but the inprovement in the offense is most noticeable. The Bucks bench is also much improved with Ilyasova and their rookie DiVincenzo is high energy and is making a positive impact. A lot to be excited about though the season is very young.
Looks like no Giannis and no Leonard tonight. Let's see what the rest can do.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks like no Giannis and no Leonard tonight. Let's see what the rest can do.

That's too bad, I was at the game Saturday and Giannis took a nasty elbow to the face/head on Saturday. Hopefully he doesn't have a concussion, they play at Boston Thursday and have no chance without him. Maybe they can still take the Raps since Leonard is out. I guess Toronto is still guarding Kawhi for back-to-backs. They will play him against the 76ers instead.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
That's too bad, I was at the game Saturday and Giannis took a nasty elbow to the face/head on Saturday. Hopefully he doesn't have a concussion, they play at Boston Thursday and have no chance without him. Maybe they can still take the Raps since Leonard is out. I guess Toronto is still guarding Kawhi for back-to-backs. They will play him against the 76ers instead.
That seems to be the plan. The guy only played 8 games last year so I understand the easing into form and protection. So far so good.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
That seems to be the plan. The guy only played 8 games last year so I understand the easing into form and protection. So far so good.

I wonder if they decided to sit him today after finding out Giannis was out. Sitting him for Milwaukee without Giannis still makes it a winnable game, moreso than vs a healthy 76er's team. Either way, even if Bucks drop the next two I will take a 7-2 start (they have the Kings at home next Sunday)

Last edited:
Reactions: Murat Baslamisli

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn't see it @Murat Baslamisli but I'm shocked how well they must have played without Giannis. They've done pretty well with him sitting but that's usually just a few minutes at a time. I know it's still very early but what a difference a coach makes!

Bud was immediately smart enough to realize that the great white devil (aka Dellavedova) is not an NBA player. He even seems to be getting Bledsoe and Maker to play semi-intelligent basketball. Bledsoe still takes shots thinking he's Steph Curry but not as many as before. He's a knucklehead with the "selfish gene" where he simply has never seen a shot he doesn't like. Maker just has no awareness, if the guy he defends moves without the ball at all he loses him quickly and he doesn't seem to get the idea of crashing the boards when the shot goes up. If Bud gets Maker to be a legit player the Bucks will be deadly for many years. That guy is 7'1, long and athletic as hell...and he has the basketball sense of a 7 year old on the playground.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I didn't see it @Murat Baslamisli but I'm shocked how well they must have played without Giannis. They've done pretty well with him sitting but that's usually just a few minutes at a time. I know it's still very early but what a difference a coach makes!

Bud was immediately smart enough to realize that the great white devil (aka Dellavedova) is not an NBA player. He even seems to be getting Bledsoe and Maker to play semi-intelligent basketball. Bledsoe still takes shots thinking he's Steph Curry but not as many as before. He's a knucklehead with the "selfish gene" where he simply has never seen a shot he doesn't like. Maker just has no awareness, if the guy he defends moves without the ball at all he loses him quickly and he doesn't seem to get the idea of crashing the boards when the shot goes up. If Bud gets Maker to be a legit player the Bucks will be deadly for many years. That guy is 7'1, long and athletic as hell...and he has the basketball sense of a 7 year old on the playground.
I missed the whole thing myself but looks like it was close for a while and then Bucks pulled away nicely.
They are going to be a solid team. The pieces are there.

Reactions: DarthFed

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What the hell has happened to the Houston Rockets, I know it’s early, but 1 win and 5 losses?