2018-2019 NBA Season

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
it's a fascinating thing happening in GSW. I actually think all the media speculation is likely to cause Draymond and KD to make up. They're contrarian enough to do that out of spite. Besides staying together they're still the best team out there. These guys simply aren't as stupid as media types would like to think.

I agree with that. If they are having serious issues I don't think it will take long for them to straighten them out. Aside from that it is Draymond being Draymond.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I agree with that. If they are having serious issues I don't think it will take long for them to straighten them out. Aside from that it is Draymond being Draymond.

Yeah, the biggest A-Hole in the league! He cost them a championship with his flailing and kicking of people in their junk! That loss was all on him; getting kicked out of 1 game, suspended for another playoff contest, and allowing Cleveland to have hope which turned the whole championship contest around! I would have canned his arse and found someone else no matter how much he fit in! :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo:

Reactions: DarthFed

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's funny.. I think both of them were in the wrong. It was wrong for KD to publicly berate Draymond, that should have been in the locker room. It was wrong for Draymond to go off on KD and bring up free agency. A complete mess. But both of these guys are surely smart enough to look at examples like Shaq and Kobe and realise how needlessly destructive stuff like this can be. It really isn't worth it. As Klay said "the only one that can beat us is ourselves"

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, the biggest A-Hole in the league! He cost them a championship with his flailing and kicking of people in their junk! That loss was all on him; getting kicked out of 1 game, suspended for another playoff contest, and allowing Cleveland to have hope which turned the whole championship contest around! I would have canned his arse and found someone else no matter how much he fit in! :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo:

Lol they aren't releasing Draymond. He is way too important for them, a great utility player and the emotional leader, even when he's out of line.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It's funny.. I think both of them were in the wrong. It was wrong for KD to publicly berate Draymond, that should have been in the locker room. It was wrong for Draymond to go off on KD and bring up free agency. A complete mess. But both of these guys are surely smart enough to look at examples like Shaq and Kobe and realise how needlessly destructive stuff like this can be. It really isn't worth it. As Klay said "the only one that can beat us is ourselves"

Did he publicly berate Draymond though? I thought he was just yelling at him a bit on the court after the bad play. That's just competitive juices but it's possible KD stepped over the line there. Draymond apparently felt that KD was talking to him like he is a scrub and he reminded Durant that the team was pretty damn good before he joined them. Anyways I expect it will blow over quickly but KD's free agency will hang over the team at least a bit throughout the year. I think he will leave no matter what but ironically the Warriors chances of keeping him are better if they don't win the title this year.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Did he publicly berate Draymond though? I thought he was just yelling at him a bit on the court after the bad play. That's just competitive juices but it's possible KD stepped over the line there. Draymond apparently felt that KD was talking to him like he is a scrub and he reminded Durant that the team was pretty damn good before he joined them. Anyways I expect it will blow over quickly but KD's free agency will hang over the team at least a bit throughout the year. I think he will leave no matter what but ironically the Warriors chances of keeping him are better if they don't win the title this year.
It sure looked like he was berating him in the huddle which seemed to set Draymond off. In that regard I think Draymond had a point. He was just doing what he always does, and he was true to Dubs philosophy. He just failed to execute. If he's been able to get the pass off to Klay or Looney no one would have made an issue of his not simply handing the ball to KD.

You may be right re: KD. It's so silly though. This is all to do with his personal insecurities. Deep down you get the sense it eats away at him that Steph is universally recognised as the most important (if not the best) Warrior. Why KD would leave without playing one season at least in the new arena is quite beyond me. Just imagine it, he could potentially win his 4th title there. He'll regret it when he's retired if he makes such an irrational decision

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It sure looked like he was berating him in the huddle which seemed to set Draymond off. In that regard I think Draymond had a point. He was just doing what he always does, and he was true to Dubs philosophy. He just failed to execute. If he's been able to get the pass off to Klay or Looney no one would have made an issue of his not simply handing the ball to KD.

You may be right re: KD. It's so silly though. This is all to do with his personal insecurities. Deep down you get the sense it eats away at him that Steph is universally recognised as the most important (if not the best) Warrior. Why KD would leave without playing one season at least in the new arena is quite beyond me. Just imagine it, he could potentially win his 4th title there. He'll regret it when he's retired if he makes such an irrational decision

It all depends on what KD said and if it really crossed the line at all. Obviously you'd want Kevin effin Durant taking the last shot over Draymond and he knows it. They're all competitors and if KD simply said "give me the fucking ball there" then it's Draymond overreacting. If I had to guess I'd say Green is more pissed about the free agency situation and this just made it bubble over.

I think it is KD's insecurities that will push him to play somewhere else after this year. Regardless of who is better between KD and Curry, the Warriors are Steph's team and Durant will try to get it done somewhere else where he is more clearly the top dog. The Bucks will have some space :D :yahoo:. Yeah I know it's a pipe dream. I could be wrong but I really don't see him going to a garbage team like the Knicks and he won't join LeBron due to insecurities. So I do wonder where he'd land. Maybe the Wizards ...I just hope it isn't somehow Boston or Philly.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Michael Jordon was the same way; clapping his hand for the ball! Even if Pippin ignored him, took a long 3 and made it, Jordon would still berate him! Most DIVAs are certifiable a-hole which is why I have so little respect for them even when they only show a humble side! They didn't get where they are by being nice! All have their demons & it's exposed when all concerned least expect it! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Michael Jordon was the same way; clapping his hand for the ball! Even if Pippin ignored him, took a long 3 and made it, Jordon would still berate him! Most DIVAs are certifiable a-hole which is why I have so little respect for them even when they only show a humble side! They didn't get where they are by being nice! All have their demons & it's exposed when all concerned least expect it! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo:

Michael Jordon???? Pippin?? And y'all are from Chicago? Show the GOAT some respect :hoops:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Michael Jordon???? Pippin?? And y'all are from Chicago? Show the GOAT some respect :hoops:

I don't even give our teams a break if there's bad behavior! I don't follow teams blindly and Jordan was an a-hole! I heard he cheats at cards on the bus going to games; even w/ his own mother he's so competitive! These are his own teammates exposing his arse! :whistle: :cuckoo:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
fascinating listening to the ongoing fall out of the Draymond-KD saga. The consensus seems to be that KD is definitely leaving at the end of the year now. In fact, bizarrely, the narrative is that if GSW wins this year, KD definitely leaves. I find that extraordinary. Who leaves after winning a championship, and misses out on the once in a generation opportunity to win 4 in a row? That can't make any sense surely?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
fascinating listening to the ongoing fall out of the Draymond-KD saga. The consensus seems to be that KD is definitely leaving at the end of the year now. In fact, bizarrely, the narrative is that if GSW wins this year, KD definitely leaves. I find that extraordinary. Who leaves after winning a championship, and misses out on the once in a generation opportunity to win 4 in a row? That can't make any sense surely?

An oversensitive a-hole!! KD is all about himself and needs to be stroked at all times! He can't take criticism as evidenced by him allowing a fan in the front row to get under his skin resulting in a $25,000 fine this past week! He's a spoiled, self-entitled jerk which belies that humble outward persona! Plenty of other players in all the sports have done the same; bolting to another team for the money most of the time! I can still hark back to '86 after the World Series! IIRC, Ray Knight was the catcher, won the MVP, and ended up on another team the following season! His contract was up and felt he deserved over a $1M, was offered $750,000, and ended up on another bad team making $450,000 so he lost all the way around! There are plenty of examples of idiot players of sports who jump ship for a money grab and never get another sniff at a championship! Winning means little to nothing in the end with these guys; many scrappin' at the end of their careers for a championship like Charles Barkley and Karl Malone whoring themselves out in their waning years on other teams like the Rockets & Lakers respectively! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
at the very least folks need to start looking at the basic numbers. When Steph isn't there this team is not the same at all. This time the collapse is so profound that folks need to start recognising what is so blatantly obvious. I'm not saying Steph is better than KD, but you have to take Steph over KD if you're building a team

Reactions: Fiero425

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
at the very least folks need to start looking at the basic numbers. When Steph isn't there this team is not the same at all. This time the collapse is so profound that folks need to start recognising what is so blatantly obvious. I'm not saying Steph is better than KD, but you have to take Steph over KD if you're building a team

There's a lot more going on than just Steph being out. They did very well without him last year aside from the end of the regular season when the games didn't matter.

Anyways I do agree that Steph is more valuable on the Warriors overall but you still put a little too much stock into the regular season. KD has proven himself the 2nd best player when it comes to the postseason and if I am starting a team without age being a consideration I'd probably take him 2nd.

KD is very sensitive and "legacy-driven". Obviously joining the Warriors was taking the easy path to titles. I think even before this blowup with Green he was going to break off on his own next year, especially if they win the title. Also due to the insecurities there is no way he joins LeBron in LA. I'd be absolutely shocked. Sadly I think he comes East next year but I hope not.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
There's a lot more going on than just Steph being out. They did very well without him last year aside from the end of the regular season when the games didn't matter.

Anyways I do agree that Steph is more valuable on the Warriors overall but you still put a little too much stock into the regular season. KD has proven himself the 2nd best player when it comes to the postseason and if I am starting a team without age being a consideration I'd probably take him 2nd.

KD is very sensitive and "legacy-driven". Obviously joining the Warriors was taking the easy path to titles. I think even before this blowup with Green he was going to break off on his own next year, especially if they win the title. Also due to the insecurities there is no way he joins LeBron in LA. I'd be absolutely shocked. Sadly I think he comes East next year but I hope not.
I don't disagree with your point about KD's post season stature, but the fact is you have to get there. It's not clear to me that KD does that easily with his own team. I still maintain that Steph is no scrub in the post season. Look at his numbers, they're actually decent. The point is that a Steph led team probably gets there easier. KD is simply not a leader.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't disagree with your point about KD's post season stature, but the fact is you have to get there. It's not clear to me that KD does that easily with his own team. I still maintain that Steph is no scrub in the post season. Look at his numbers, they're actually decent. The point is that a Steph led team probably gets there easier. KD is simply not a leader.

I don't think any team would struggle to make the playoffs with KD. OKC did pretty well with him being easily the best player on the team. I'm of the opinion that they'd have done a ton better if Russ accepted his place as 2nd banana, but when the team was healthy they were always a contender.

Reactions: Fiero425

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
KD was a monster again tonight, dropping 51 and making impossible shots. It was the most fun game I watched this year so far. Of course it would not have been that much fun if Raps lost but they came through in OT. Leonard and Siakam were amazing. Siakam is winning the most improved player award this year if he keeps going like this. He is a freak.

I was also thinking...who is the most likely player in the NBA to have a quadruple double right now? Only 4 was ever recorded. I think KD could do it. Maybe Westbrook with points, assists, rebounds and steals...What do you guys think?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
KD was a monster again tonight, dropping 51 and making impossible shots. It was the most fun game I watched this year so far. Of course it would not have been that much fun if Raps lost but they came through in OT. Leonard and Siakam were amazing. Siakam is winning the most improved player award this year if he keeps going like this. He is a freak.

I was also thinking...who is the most likely player in the NBA to have a quadruple double right now? Only 4 was ever recorded. I think KD could do it. Maybe Westbrook with points, assists, rebounds and steals...What do you guys think?

Your baby dinos are looking tough @Murat Baslamisli. I did not expect Kawhi to be this good and seem this motivated. I thought it was all set up for him to play just a bit and then sit out. Who knows, maybe he resigns there? Also, Toronto seems well-positioned to have back to back coach of the year winners. I'm guessing you like the job Nurse is doing? Any major differences between him and Casey or is it mostly Kawhi and other guys growing?

As for quad-double candidates I'd say Embiid is easily the top candidate. It is easier to get 10 blocks than 10 steals. Not surprised at all that the Dream did it. A little surprised that the Admiral did and very surprised that Alvin got it. I know he was a big-time defender, I actually remember him on the Bucks in the early 90's, but 10 steals is damn tough and then you have to have the traditional triple-double on top of it. Impressive.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Your baby dinos are looking tough @Murat Baslamisli. I did not expect Kawhi to be this good and seem this motivated. I thought it was all set up for him to play just a bit and then sit out. Who knows, maybe he resigns there? Also, Toronto seems well-positioned to have back to back coach of the year winners. I'm guessing you like the job Nurse is doing? Any major differences between him and Casey or is it mostly Kawhi and other guys growing?

As for quad-double candidates I'd say Embiid is easily the top candidate. It is easier to get 10 blocks than 10 steals. Not surprised at all that the Dream did it. A little surprised that the Admiral did and very surprised that Alvin got it. I know he was a big-time defender, I actually remember him on the Bucks in the early 90's, but 10 steals is damn tough and then you have to have the traditional triple-double on top of it. Impressive.
Kawhi is playing really well right now and they are resting him in the back to back situations which may be helping him. He has has been nothing but professional so far. As far as the future, it is all about the play offs I think.
Raps are really deep and they are using everyone. Rotations get tightened as games more serious but it seems like Raps don't care much for that. They milk the bench all the way.
Nurse sure is a great candidate for the coach of the year. He is not doing too many things different than his mentor Casey, but he is younger, bolder with play calls and I would like to say pays even more attention to getting stops when needed but he has the advantage of having two outstanding defenders in Kawhi and Green that Casey would have loved to have during those Cleveland series .
I agree with Embid. I just would love to see someone do it. I wonder if anyone recently got really close, like 2 blocks away or one steal away...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
good grief... the Rockets only scored 9 points in the 4th quarter?? WTF...