2018-2019 NBA Season

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
What the hell has happened to the Houston Rockets, I know it’s early, but 1 win and 5 losses?

Harden is hurt and before that Chris Paul was suspended a couple games. Trevor Ariza was a big loss and frankly I thought the team overachieved in the regular season last year. They ended up running away with the #1 seed even with Paul missing a bunch of games (as usual) and a lot of their losses were real close. I didn't expect them to come close to duplicating last year but I obviously wouldn't have expected 1-5 either especially since their schedule to open the year hasn't been tough.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Is it just me or does GSW suddenly look really deep? This new young cat Mckinnie looks like a real beast. He just came out of nowhere. It's almost Patriot like player production. Surely they just quietly let McCaw go on his way. And Jerebko looks great too. Both can knock down 3s with ease. This is starting to look like the most unfair season in the NBA of all time, and I thought Lebron being out West might make things tricky

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Is it just me or does GSW suddenly look really deep? This new young cat Mckinnie looks like a real beast. He just came out of nowhere. It's almost Patriot like player production. Surely they just quietly let McCaw go on his way. And Jerebko looks great too. Both can knock down 3s with ease. This is starting to look like the most unfair season in the NBA of all time, and I thought Lebron being out West might make things tricky

Their bench has always been an underrated part of their success and the fact that new players seem to fit in so well is due in part to the great players there as well as Steve Kerr who I also think is underrated.

I expect the West to be easier for GS this year but the finals will be more challenging than last year and possibly more challenging than the year before.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bucks put a smackdown on the Warriors! Only a regular season game and Draymond was out, but you never see the Dubs lose that badly at home. I just love the team's versatility. They are one of the teams best equipped to win games in many different ways. Also was one hell of a way to respond to their worst game of the season where they got beaten handily by Portland. 2 more games on the West Coast against the Clippers and Nuggets. Splitting those would be just fine, come back at 10-3 after playing probably the most difficult schedule in the NBA so far.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That Jimmy Butler trade to the 76ers looks like a decent one given the circumstances. All of a sudden Philly might actually be able to do something this season

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
100%. This trade is a win/win for Philly no matter how you look at it.
I guess the Timberwolves didn't have much of a choice. I have to say this whole incident has made me think much less of KAT. He seems to have the mental strength of a Richard Gasquet

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bizarre trade for Minny since they seemed to have better ones earlier in the season from the Heat and others. This definitely makes the 76ers more legit and they were already potential contenders especially by the end of the season.

Bucks had their first atrocious loss of the year tonight, dropping one to the weak Clips just a couple days after blowing out the Dubs. They finish at Denver tomorrow, a win would give them a very decent 2-2 trip but a loss is way more likely.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Good move. They got a solid scorer and a good defender in Butler. Chemistry will be key, no?
It goes beyond chemistry when Butler is involved. He has a huge chip on his shoulder and wants to be the star of every team he plays on. It will be the same problem in Philly as Embiid is the man and Simmons is coming along. I could see him being there maybe 2 seasons and then the locker room will want him out.

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It goes beyond chemistry when Butler is involved. He has a huge chip on his shoulder and wants to be the star of every team he plays on. It will be the same problem in Philly as Embiid is the man and Simmons is coming along. I could see him being there maybe 2 seasons and then the locker room will want him out.

It could definitely play out that way but I won't totally declare Butler a team cancer until if/when he does this crap on Philly. If he can't accept the fact he isn't top dog on a legit contender for the finals then he will be hard pressed to find work on any good team going forward. I'm kind of glad the Bucks didn't trade for him even if the trade wouldn't have involved Middleton. Maybe in his warped mind he considers himself better than Embiid, Giannis, and others. If that's the case it won't work in Philly and he will be gone soon as you said.

Still a fairly low risk move for the 76ers. Their supporting cast was not truly adequate as of now anyways. Their hopes in the next couple years were dependent on Embiid and Simmons taking big steps forward. We've seen it with Embiid already this year, he's becoming dominant. But now you add Butler and they could be a serious threat to win the East this year if he actually fits in.

Can't say I like it as a Bucks fan as the 76ers have more long-term potential. I think Simmons is going to end up the best of all the young ones (Giannis, Embiid, Davis, Tatum, etc.), an all-time great like LeBron-lite, but his development this year has been nonexistent so far. A Kardashian/Jenner curse maybe. Can't blame him for playing with Kendall though, she is a fine piece.

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It could definitely play out that way but I won't totally declare Butler a team cancer until if/when he does this crap on Philly. If he can't accept the fact he isn't top dog on a legit contender for the finals then he will be hard pressed to find work on any good team going forward. I'm kind of glad the Bucks didn't trade for him even if the trade wouldn't have involved Middleton. Maybe in his warped mind he considers himself better than Embiid, Giannis, and others. If that's the case it won't work in Philly and he will be gone soon as you said.

Still a fairly low risk move for the 76ers. Their supporting cast was not truly adequate as of now anyways. Their hopes in the next couple years were dependent on Embiid and Simmons taking big steps forward. We've seen it with Embiid already this year, he's becoming dominant. But now you add Butler and they could be a serious threat to win the East this year if he actually fits in.

Can't say I like it as a Bucks fan as the 76ers have more long-term potential. I think Simmons is going to end up the best of all the young ones (Giannis, Embiid, Davis, Tatum, etc.), an all-time great like LeBron-lite, but his development this year has been nonexistent so far. A Kardashian/Jenner curse maybe. Can't blame him for playing with Kendall though, she is a fine piece.
I have to wait for Simmons to learn how to shoot before I crown him as the next big thing to be honest

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I have to wait for Simmons to learn how to shoot before I crown him as the next big thing to be honest

No doubt about that. But there are a lot of guys who are terrible shooters when they get in the NBA that at least become adequate over time. Giannis is a pretty bad shooter still and it holds him back a bit.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Anyone keeping up with the BS going on with Golden State? Unbelievable that winning does not quell the super-egos of pro athletes! I was never a big fan of Kevin Durant; now I have more reason to think of him as a mercenary! His contract is about up and he hasn't made up his mind if he's staying or not! Draymond Green is just as PO'd about the situation and called him a "b!tch" the other day for playing with the team's chemistry! The team suspended Green for a game w/o pay to deal with the situation, but in the end Durant will probably bolt for the Lakers to play with the other mercenary a-hole, LB James! :whistle::nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyone keeping up with the BS going on with Golden State? Unbelievable that winning does not quell the super-egos of pro athletes! I was never a big fan of Kevin Durant; now I have more reason to think of him as a mercenary! His contract is about up and he hasn't made up his mind if he's staying or not! Draymond Green is just as PO'd about the situation and called him a "b!tch" the other day for playing with the team's chemistry! The team suspended Green for a game w/o pay to deal with the situation, but in the end Durant will probably bolt for the Lakers to play with the other mercenary a-hole, LB James! :whistle::nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

I didn't see the play in question but it sounds like Draymond had a JR moment and lazily dribbled into a turnover instead of passing to KD at the end of regulation in a tied game. Green didn't like getting criticized and went nuts. It had to have been pretty bad for them to suspend him a game but maybe they did to that to cater to KD so that he isn't more sure to leave after this season.

He isn't going to play with LeBron, I guarantee that. Also why all the LBJ hate? Does it have to do with him being the owner of the Chicago Bulls?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I didn't see the play in question but it sounds like Draymond had a JR moment and lazily dribbled into a turnover instead of passing to KD at the end of regulation in a tied game. Green didn't like getting criticized and went nuts. It had to have been pretty bad for them to suspend him a game but maybe they did to that to cater to KD so that he isn't more sure to leave after this season.

He isn't going to play with LeBron, I guarantee that. Also why all the LBJ hate? Does it have to do with him being the owner of the Chicago Bulls?

When did that happen? Like with Rafa, there's something about the guy that rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning! It was all the accolades and hero worship when he hadn't played yet in the pro game, giving him so much credit for his maturity and intelligence when he hadn't even finished high school! It was just too much! When he started jumping around the league, it really showed it was warranted criticism; his behavior and sense of entitlement that really PO'd me; him and his hood-rat posse! :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
When did that happen? Like with Rafa, there's something about the guy that rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning! It was all the accolades and hero worship when he hadn't played yet in the pro game, giving him so much credit for his maturity and intelligence when he hadn't even finished high school! It was just too much! When he started jumping around the league, it really showed it was warranted criticism; his behavior and sense of entitlement that really PO'd me; him and his hood-rat posse! :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

I'm poking fun at when the Bulls Wikipedia page was updated to show LeBron as the team owner after the last time he bounced them from the playoffs in 2015 :D.

He was undoubtedly hyped to the max and it bothered me quite a bit as well. But ultimately it wasn't his fault he was hyped like that or at the very least that shouldn't be something held against him. If you saw him play in high school (they televised a couple of his games on ESPN) it's obvious why he was hyped like that to begin with. I don't blame LeBron for leaving Cleveland either time, their management was a disaster during his first stint and they simply failed him in a major way. I mean that team was straight trash and he was there 7 years at first. That's a lot of time. But how he left and forming a super team is what pissed a lot of people off. It was crappy. That's why I don't feel sorry for him in regards to the Warriors being so loaded. He started this trend and it's unfortunately become more normal. Also I'd say the disaster he left in Cleveland the 2nd time has a lot to do with him. He was the GM and he is a very, very, very lousy GM.

Reactions: Fiero425

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
it's a fascinating thing happening in GSW. I actually think all the media speculation is likely to cause Draymond and KD to make up. They're contrarian enough to do that out of spite. Besides staying together they're still the best team out there. These guys simply aren't as stupid as media types would like to think.

Reactions: DarthFed