2016 NFL Playoffs

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I've grown used to it. Winters are cold here and GB's season ends in ridiculous fashion. One is as predictable as the other. And like the last few years there won't be any changes to the coaching staff. This team will continue to underachieve.

I was surprised how the defensive coverage broke down so swiftly in the playoffs. Next year with a healthy Jordie Nelson, I look for Arod and the packers to be back in the playoffs hunt.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
I've grown used to it. Winters are cold here and GB's season ends in ridiculous fashion. One is as predictable as the other. And like the last few years there won't be any changes to the coaching staff. This team will continue to underachieve.

I was surprised how the defensive coverage broke down so swiftly in the playoffs. Next year with a healthy Jordie Nelson, I look for Arod and the packers to be back in the playoffs hunt.

I admit I actually thought they'd win the overtime even after losing the coin toss. Way different from last year when I knew the game was over before overtime even started. The defense played great this game until the 4th quarter and even the Card's go ahead touchdown with 4 minutes to play was lucky. But at this point I realize that I shouldn't have been shocked by a defensive breakdown, it's all too common. As for Rodgers we will wait and see, he needs to do some soul-searching this offseason. He was flat out bad for most of it and not having Nelson was just part of it, he looked disinterested and it is known around here that him and McCarthy don't get along.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

I admit I actually thought they'd win the overtime even after losing the coin toss. Way different from last year when I knew the game was over before overtime even started. The defense played great this game until the 4th quarter and even the Card's go ahead touchdown with 4 minutes to play was lucky. But at this point I realize that I shouldn't have been shocked by a defensive breakdown, it's all too common. As for Rodgers we will wait and see, he needs to do some soul-searching this offseason. He was flat out bad for most of it and not having Nelson was just part of it, he looked disinterested and it is known around here that him and McCarthy don't get along.

Rodgers may not have been able to play up to the high level he has set but trust me, if I had a qb to make a play and my welll being depends on it, I want the football in Rodgers ' hand .Trust me, if he had some of his weapons(Nelson), the pressure would be off that defense. McCarthy will learn to get along or he WILL become a outside observer.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:

Rodgers may not have been able to play up to the high level he has set but trust me, if I had a qb to make a play and my welll being depends on it, I want the football in Rodgers ' hand .Trust me, if he had some of his weapons(Nelson), the pressure would be off that defense. McCarthy will learn to get along or he WILL become a outside observer.

As you know I've been hoping McCarthy would become an "outside observer" a long time ago. He flat out isn't good and the proof is in the results. Rodgers, before this year, was far and away the best QB in the NFC (and probably NFL) yet the team hasn't made the Super Bowl in 5 years now. The Packers have lost 4 overtime playoff games in 9 years under McCarthy, blowing 4th quarter leads in the last 2 of them. He is too conservative and too much of a player's coach.

With Rodgers it is tough to say but really the last 12 weeks of the season he came out playing like crap and seemed to have low energy. Then when the Packers got behind 2+ scores you'd see a sense of urgency. That issue isn't about Jordy or a depleted offensive line. That could be due to the rift between him and McCarthy or maybe he is having too much fun with Olivia Munn (who would blame him!!). Regardless he needs to get his head out of his ass next year or GB won't even make the playoffs.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Panthers
Da Cheaters(Evil Empire)

I expect both teams to win very easily.. Brady vs Baby Brady (Cam) in SB 50..

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Division Results
AP 2-2
DF 3-1
KS 4-0

Now we move on to the Conference games. Make your predictions!

Championship Sunday
Patriots @ Broncos - 3:05 EST on CBS
Cardinals @ Panthers - 6:45 EST on FOX

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'm tempted to pick the Broncos, but Peyton was hobbling around last week. I agree Caro and the Evil Empire again.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Division Results
AP 2-2
DF 3-1
KS 4-0

Now we move on to the Conference games. Make your predictions!

Championship Sunday
Patriots @ Broncos - 3:05 EST on CBS
Cardinals @ Panthers - 6:45 EST on FOX

Man both of you had great picks last week. KS I can't believe you picked against the mighty Seahawks..that's was a shocker for me.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's not so much that I picked against the Legion as much as I couldn't see anyone scoring enough points against Carolina.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So, how'd we do?  (I honestly can't be bothered to look.)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Twisted was 3-1

Moxie was 2-2

Britbox was 2-2

Haychew was 2-2

Billie was 1-3

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
For this week:

New England @ Denver - Got to take New England here.  They switch it into another gear come playoff time and at the end of the day Manning is flat out washed up.  I honestly think they'd be better off starting the backup and hoping he goes off.

Arizona @ Carolina - Carolina has been given a lack of respect all year including from me.  They are flat out good and in theory should win the Super Bowl at this point.  I just wonder if Cam is going to have a bad game at some point and the other issue is the defense is too relaxed once they get a lead.  I think they win this game though.  Arizona did not impress last week and they got blown out in the regular season finale.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Boring as it is, I'm going Pats and Panthers.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
I'm going to be different and say Arizona vs. Denver for SB
I'm thinking big chips on shoulders of both since no one's giving them a chance,
Also, I don't like how Caro almost let the Hawks back in and Denver has a great record at home especially when it comes to playoffs.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I feel the same way: Patriots vs Panthers in the superbowl.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@i-haychew: You still owe your picks. Unless you go rogue, we're looking at a stand-still until the Super Bowl. But, hey, no pressure. ;)

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
14478 said:
Billie wrote:
<blockquote>
Twisted wrote:
I know what you’re saying Billie but regular season play and momentum are still big things to consider. The Packers won as a 6 seed in 2010 and are a 5 seed this year but that’s where the comparisons end. That 2010 team closed out the regular season well and was one that everyone knew was very dangerous going into the playoffs. Most people thought the mediocre Redskins would be able to knock GB off this year especially when they jumped out to an 11-0 lead quickly. Maybe they finally found some resolve but I think most of the difference was the offensive line was DOMINANT after being DOMINATED for most of this season. So we will see this week if it was just a blip or if the O-line is suddenly going to perform well. The other option is Rodgers turns back into Superman in which case he can dominate even with a poor offensive line but after 10+ weeks of poor play I just don’t see it happening this year. He wasn’t exactly lights out last week despite getting good protection for a change.
I don’t mean any offense to Redskins (really, Moxie), but Packers are a proven playoffs team, while Redskins were not. I was just talking about that match. The main reason I switched and picked them to win. I think you are too emotionally involved so sometimes you over-react when it comes to them (also not meant as any kind of offense)
wpml_smile.gif
</blockquote>
I barely even watch US football, tbh. :)

Shocker! I never would have thought that!

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great game by the Broncos defense. They have some real ballers on that roster. Von Miller and Ware brought some heat off the edges, and Talib, Chris Harris, and TJ Ward are all first-class DB’s. Well-done and congratulations to that unit. Of the four major units on the field, Denver’s D was the best and deserved to advance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Other Sports 229
DarthFed Other Sports 15
the AntiPusher Other Sports 8
britbox Other Sports 224
britbox Other Sports 228