2016 NFL Playoffs

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Cards
Evil Empire
Hawks
Steelers

However , I wouldn't be surprised if my picks ae 2-2,or 1-3, due to Big Ben'si and Brown injuries.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Chip Kelly is the Niners new coach, the Football gods are continuing to curse the 49ers

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Chiefs at Patriots - Chiefs

Packers at Cardinals - Packers

Seahawks at Panthers - Seahawks

Steelers at Broncos - Broncos

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
1st half is about as expected. Chiefs have won 11 straight yet this time of year...they still have Alex Smith.  Unless a team has a historically good defense you can't go far without a good qb. That's just the way it is.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Terrible clock mgmt by Andy Reid & Co. Even away from Philly, this bad habit is following him. :cover

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That's a darn shameful that the game wasn't won by packers..sorry DF

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
And the Packers do what they do best, piss away a winnable playoff game in absolute kick to my balls fashion

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
They all hurt @britbox. This team doesn't know how to close games and it all starts with having a gutless coach that wouldn't know what an adjustment is if it hit him in one of his 3 chins.  4 playoff OT losses in the last 9 years of his forgettable reign and 5 in the last 12 for a franchise that finds new ways to lose in retarded fashion. And I will go out on a limb and say all the turds will be back for another underachieving 2016.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
14617 said:
1st half is about as expected. Chiefs have won 11 straight yet this time of year…they still have Alex Smith. Unless a team has a historically good defense you can’t go far without a good qb. That’s just the way it is.

LOL Black and white guy as always.  I thought Edelman and Gronkowski would not be as healthy as they were yesterday, but sadly they were and they were the difference.  Patriots had 2 weeks to rest and prepare and it did them good.  Additionally they are the defending champions, so Chiefs had the most difficult opponent of all available and yet they fought well, even if they didn't play as best as they could.   Brady is better but he also had better options to throw the football to, while the only good and experienced receiver Alex had was injured.  But Chiefs have some young and promising players and this experience will do wonders for them.   :good:

That fumble at the beginning of 3rd quarter is what did them in.  It was just unfortunate and it took them a while to recover (by that time Patriots scored a TD and stopped Chiefs at the beginning of their next drive, then scored another TD).

Anyway it was a long shot for Chiefs to win, my hope was that Patriots would not be as healthy as they were yesterday and that Chiefs defence would have played better.  But it wasn't meant to be.  Maybe next year. :)

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
14629 said:
And the Packers do what they do best, piss away a winnable playoff game in absolute kick to my balls fashion

Arizona was also lucky.  That football could have landed in one of Packer's hand and instead of a TD it could have been an interception.

I know you guys don't believe in luck, but there has to be some of it, in any sport.  Palmer isn't a first grade QB but he was lucky that Fitzgerald was the beast and made a difference at the end.   Or does this win mean Palmer is a better QB than Rodgers?  I wouldn't even put him before Smith, frankly.

BTW I think it is a silly rule that somebody wins a game in OT without the other team even having a chance to make a play.  It doesn't matter that the score was a TD, it's just not fair.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
So I picked all 3 games with my heart, not head (Pittsburgh are just too injured).  But I am afraid Seahawks are going to be spanked by Panthers badly.  They are down 0:14 already after 7 minutes of play.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Palmer is probably going to finish 2nd in MVP race this year so he is definitely way better than Smith and this year he was much better than Rodgers who had his worst year ever by far.  He was mostly garbage again yesterday before making some insane out of this world throws to tie the game up. He needs to do some soul-searching this offseason.

Good teams make their own damn luck. Packers have been losing playoff games like this for 2 decades and a lot of it comes down to coaching and heart.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
14649 said:
Palmer is probably going to finish 2nd in MVP race this year so he is definitely way better than Smith and this year he was much better than Rodgers who had his worst year ever by far. He was mostly garbage again yesterday before making some insane out of this world throws to tie the game up. He needs to do some soul-searching this offseason. Good teams make their own damn luck. Packers have been losing playoff games like this for 2 decades and a lot of it comes down to coaching and heart.

Well, I guess we differ in our definitions re. quarterbacks.

How about Panthers?  You didn't give them a lot of chances against Seahawks but this is turning into a rout.  And I was afraid of this.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
All right, Seahawks showing some signs of life at the beginning of the 2nd half.  Now they need a stop!!!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I definitely gave Carolina a decent chance but yes I did expect Seattle to win. That has definitely changed now but there is still a lot of time left. Seattle is tough and Carolina has nearly blown a lot of huge leads this year.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Well fingers crossed that Seattle stops them on this drive, Wilson doesn't get picked anymore and can turn this around.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
It was too big a hole for Seahawks.  All my faves are gone.  I suspect Patriots and Panthers to battle it out in the Superbowl.

Pittsburgh is hanging tough vs Broncos, surprisingly, or maybe not.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I've grown used to it. Winters are cold here and GB's season ends in ridiculous fashion. One is as predictable as the other. And like the last few years there won't be any changes to the coaching staff. This team will continue to underachieve.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Other Sports 229
DarthFed Other Sports 15
the AntiPusher Other Sports 8
britbox Other Sports 224
britbox Other Sports 228