2016 NFL Playoffs

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Yeah Denver D was off the charts, as well as Panther’s offence. It’ll make for an interesting finale!!
wpml_yahoo.gif

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shocker! I never would have thought that!
Dude, life is short, and we pick our amusements. I’ve watched a lot of football in my life, but it’s not my #1 sport, particularly NFL over college. I played the pool for fun, and to be one-for-the-team. (And I did pretty well. hehe) Can’t you leave off for one thread?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dude, life is short, and we pick our amusements. I’ve watched a lot of football in my life, but it’s not my #1 sport, particularly NFL over college. I played the pool for fun, and to be one-for-the-team. (And I did pretty well. hehe) Can’t you leave off for one thread?
I could, but I was just very surprised that you didn’t watch the NFL given that you are such an expert on African-American culture. I would have thought that you were really into the NFL, NBA, hip hop, R&B, and the like. Same for Federberg, who strikes me as as a tough football kind of guy. My apologies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
kskate2 said:
I'm tempted to pick the Broncos, but Peyton was hobbling around last week. I agree Caro and the Evil Empire again.
This is one time I don't mind being wrong. Congrats to Denver and Carolina as they will be contesting the bowl in 2 weeks.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Again, the breadth of your stereotyping is gobsmacking. As if African-American opinions, attitudes or feelings can only be understood through NFL, NBA, hip hop, and R&B. I would say it's not so much the genre as the generosity of spirit that likely finds the meeting of minds. And generosity of spirit doesn't seem to be your long suit.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Denver's defense is beastly. Always great to see the classless scum of an organization go down.

Carolina has been underestimated all year (especially by me). They are no longer quietly the best team in the league, they are easily the best team in the league. I haven't seen the line yet but after yesterday I'm guessing it'd be Carolina by 5.5 or so and I'd take them with the points. Denver may seem like a team of destiny but I don't see them pulling this one off.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Question needs to be asked...

IF the Broncos win, how much does that boost Peyton Manning's legacy?

For all his exploits in the regular season, it's been a regular critiicism of him that he doesn't get it done in the post season. Will two rings put that to bed? I remember @huntingyou getting called on his post-season legacy many moons ago on old boards... and hunting was a massive Peyton fan.

IF Manning gets a second ring and has a part to play, is he then moved back into Brady's class with regard to legacy?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The second ring would be huge. I don't think it'd make him the GOAT especially when you factor in that he is no longer anywhere near the main reason they're winning this year but it'd be big. It's not necessarily fair to compare Manning to Brady and just use the ring argument but that is undoubtedly a big factor.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to Carolina and Denver
They have already started shutting streets down everywhere here, so getting around is already difficult :|

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Always glad to see the Pats go down. Denver may have that team of destiny feel but it is going to take something special to take out the Panthers in a couple weeks. I just don't see it happening, hopefully it is a good game though.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Agreed. Again, I don't see any of these teams being able to put up enough points to beat Carolina. Cam is scoring on just about every possession.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Agreed. Again, I don't see any of these teams being able to put up enough points to beat Carolina. Cam is scoring on just about every possession.

Yes. Although last weekend results in Denver was a complete shocker..I don't see Peyton being able to play game manager during the SB to defeat Cam and da boys regardless of they are serious ly banged up

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Again, the breadth of your stereotyping is gobsmacking. As if African-American opinions, attitudes or feelings can only be understood through NFL, NBA, hip hop, and R&B. I would say it's not so much the genre as the generosity of spirit that likely finds the meeting of minds. And generosity of spirit doesn't seem to be your long suit.

No Moxie, it is called cultural reality. One way of understanding people on a deep level is to analyze what they are passionate about. American blacks disproportionately participate in the NFL and the NBA. They account for about 70% of NFL players and 80% of NBA players, despite being only about 15% of the overall US population. And the overwhelming majority of rappers and singers in the hip hop business are black. If you have little to no familiarity with these domains, then you will have a hard time understanding the demographic group. This is blatantly clear with you and Federberg.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Question needs to be asked...

IF the Broncos win, how much does that boost Peyton Manning's legacy?

For all his exploits in the regular season, it's been a regular critiicism of him that he doesn't get it done in the post season. Will two rings put that to bed? I remember @huntingyou getting called on his post-season legacy many moons ago on old boards... and hunting was a massive Peyton fan.

IF Manning gets a second ring and has a part to play, is he then moved back into Brady's class with regard to legacy?

No britbox, I don't think winning the Super Bowl would erase Manning's patchy postseason record. Win or lose, it is nowhere close to Brady's. Even if he wins, Brady would still have twice as many Super Bowls and a much better overall playoff record.

It will be an interesting game.....there are plenty of variables and a number of moving parts. Denver has a great defense but teams have shown they can move the ball on them. And Carolina has plenty of great players, led by Cam, who Talib called the most dangerous quarterback in the game right now. I have to agree with Talib because Newton has looked superb this year.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No Moxie, it is called cultural reality. One way of understanding people on a deep level is to analyze what they are passionate about. American blacks disproportionately participate in the NFL and the NBA. They account for about 70% of NFL players and 80% of NBA players, despite being only about 15% of the overall US population. And the overwhelming majority of rappers and singers in the hip hop business are black. If you have little to no familiarity with these domains, then you will have a hard time understanding the demographic group. This is blatantly clear with you and Federberg.
You never cease to amaze. NFL, NBA players and music professionals only account for a small amount of people...in any demographic. You make a really narrow definition of a broadly diverse group of people based on a few, carefully select careers they do well at. Anyone who thinks you have to understand those things to understand black people probably doesn't actually know any.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You never cease to amaze. NFL, NBA players and music professionals only account for a small amount of people...in any demographic. You make a really narrow definition of a broadly diverse group of people based on a few, carefully select careers they do well at. Anyone who thinks you have to understand those things to understand black people probably doesn't actually know any.

LOL.....Moxie, NFL Network and NBA Network could be branches of BET. What do you know about Deion and Irvin and Marshall Faulk and LT breaking down NFL games? Nothing. What do you know about Ernie, Kenny, Charles, and Shaq breaking down the NBA? Nothing. You don't even know who I am talking about.

Your contempt for real black attitude is shown in your disdain for Trump, who essentially behaves like a black man in a heated football or basketball game. Charles Barkley runs his mouth just like Trump. You know nothing about black environments and it shows with both your sports analysis and your political analysis. As someone who has worked in a black school and been around black people constantly through basketball, I would gladly take your challenge of who has more black friends. I date someone who is brown and whose closest friends are black. My best friend was the only white coach at an all-black school with an all-black basketball team and an all-black coaching staff for 3 years. You really want to play this game? You are patently clueless.

You are one of the most lilly white, vanilla white human beings I have ever spoken to. It is frankly hysterical to see you comment on anything black-related as if you have a clue. Go and watch Raonic and complain about the chauvinistic egos of Trump and Kyrgios. And please, if you don't like Trump, never watch Charles Barkley or Deion Sanders for the sake of your own mental health.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Other Sports 229
DarthFed Other Sports 15
the AntiPusher Other Sports 8
britbox Other Sports 224
britbox Other Sports 228