2015 French Open Final: Djokovic v. Wawrinka

Make your picks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Well, the first non-Nadal final since 2009. Hard to believe. Who wins this??

Novak in 4? Both guys will be confident. Stan does not fear Novak, but after the semi's debacle, I don't see novak dilly-dallying.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Gotta go with Djokovic. And he will be going all out, no fooling around, to finally lift the La Coupe des Mousquetaires! Four sets!

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
nehmeth said:

Novak in 4? Both guys will be confident. Stan does not fear Novak, but after the semi's debacle, I don't see novak dilly-dallying.

Riot, we're on the same page so often it's scary! ;)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:

A Swiss against the Nadal-slayer? Hmm...

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If GameSetandMath predicts another five setter, I am not watching til the fifth. :nono

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Riotbeard said:
nehmeth said:

Riot, we're on the same page so often it's scary! ;)

A TF bromance :snicker

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
There's nothing in the world indicates a Stan victory here. I'd be interested in reading arguments that say he'll win. He could win, but there's nothing to indicate he will...

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If Stan was watching the Murray match, he knows all he has to do is get Novak to 5-5, and he will blink inexplicably. Otherwise, Novak should have this.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Sundaymorningguy said:
If Stan was watching the Murray match, he knows all he has to do is get Novak to 5-5, and he will blink inexplicably. Otherwise, Novak should have this.

Then go on a run taking 10 of 11 games! Nole punishes players for embarrassing him these days! :angel::dodgy:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The moment you waited years for is here, Fiero! :hug :clap :popcorn ;)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak would have gotten over the high of beating Rafa. This is final. He knows that Stan is troublesome based on recent encounters with him. So, Novak will be having laser focus and get it done in straight sets. No mental walkabouts this time.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Novak would have gotten over the high of beating Rafa. This is final. He knows that Stan is troublesome based on recent encounters with him. So, Novak will be having laser focus and get it done in straight sets. No mental walkabouts this time.

Well I'm hoping the script continues; Nadal out in the QF, Murray downed in the semi, and "a SWISS" player taken to task in the final! CGS complete! That'll work for me; BIG TIME! :clap :p :angel: :dodgy:

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
I don't want to vote, but I doubt Wawrinka will even take a set.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
nehmeth said:

I don't think it was a debacle, Murray was playing that well. Much different matchup vs. Stan who isn't 1/10th the wall Murray was in sets 3 and 4. I know Stan has caused a lot of problems for Nole in the past but I don't think tomorrow is one of them. Hoping for Nole in 5 but realistically it's 3 or an easy 4.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Riotbeard said:
nehmeth said:

I don't think it was a debacle, Murray was playing that well. Much different matchup vs. Stan who isn't 1/10th the wall Murray was in sets 3 and 4. I know Stan has caused a lot of problems for Nole in the past but I don't think tomorrow is one of them. Hoping for Nole in 5 but realistically it's 3 or an easy 4.

Every time since their first 5 setter in the Aussie (2013?), I said it was a blip, and would not happen again, so my bet is stan at least gets a set. I agree Andy played well in 3 and what I saw of 4, but Novak had his chances and a lot of momentum. Debacle might be a strong wording, but it also refers to the weird nature of how it played out generally (rain delay making it played over two days, inconsistent form by both guys, 5th set breadstick).

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hello to my fellow Djokolites from old Europe;)
I was was sweating a lot more during his SF than in the QF, but all is good so far
Going for Novak in 4 here in the final.
And I am also very happy to see Stan in the final by the way

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
This is it, finals of century, for Djoker, no dreaming, he will go all out, Shock&Awe cleansing in 3 sets.

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
When i was kid, i read comics. And bad guys were so similiar to this face. This image opened my wounds from childhood.

623952_20150605reuterspascal-rossignolparisdi007765149_ff.jpg