2015 French Open QF: #3 Andy Murray vs. #7 David Ferrer

Murray vs. Ferrer! Who will advance to the 2015 French Open semifinals?

• Total voters

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
A whole bunch of interesting quarterfinal matches and this is definitely one to watch!

37ed9c4ac9fca2c019801013c23147e2_zps9xopkcd0.jpg

Head to Head Records

Murray leads Ferrer 9-6, including the last two matches. Their last meeting was the Valencis semifinals, won in straight sets by Murray. However they have met four times on clay and Ferrer has won all of them. They also met in the 2012 French Open quarterfinals, won by Ferrer in four sets. This could be a tough one for Murray.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RE: 2015 French Open Quarterfinal: #3 Andy Murray vs. #7 David Ferrer

I picked Murray in 5. No reason, just sounded good.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Picked Ferrer in four on the basis of the past. Think Ferrer will frustrate Murray. Hope Murray wins, although Ferrer is arguably a better opponent for Novak in the semis.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

They're both willing to cat-and-mouse, so it's hard to call. Murray has had a good clay season, and Ferrer seems to blink a hair earlier than he used to. I picked Andy in 4, just to mix it up. I like both, and I'd be happy for either.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions

Denisovich said:
Picked Ferrer in four on the basis of the past. Think Ferrer will frustrate Murray. Hope Murray wins, although Ferrer is arguably a better opponent for Novak in the semis.

lol this could also go the other way in that ferrer would be a pathetic opponent for rafa. murray would be better. in that sense i hope murray wins cuz he at least has a shot at beating rafa

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Kirijax said:
A whole bunch of interesting quarterfinal matches and this is definitely one to watch!

I thought this one is called "the other" quarterfinal of Wednesday. :snicker

I go with tried and true Ferrer in four.

I have not really seen much of either except for highlights, but I trust in the reliability of baseline play by Ferrer.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Have a bad feeling Ferret will find a way here. Big time statement if Murray wins it and if he wins comfortably you may have to give him a chance in the semis.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Yeah, I did my homer pick of Murray in five but I will honestly be pleasantly surprised if Murray pulls through. But Ferruuuuuu is a clay beast.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Muzz is my second fav of the Tour but I'm tired of his results are so up and down. He is playing on clay better than ever but I think Ferru is better player in that surface
Ferru in five!

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions

I don't like Murray. The only time I want him to win is when he plays Folks. So, I hope Ferrer wins...even though I don't like Ferrer, either. Lesser of two evils.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I. Haychew said:
I don't like Murray. The only time I want him to win is when he plays Folks. So, I hope Ferrer wins...even though I don't like Ferrer, either. Lesser of two evils.

Federer? I'm pretty sure that was Kieran's original coinage and use. Though I have noticed there has been an attempt to co-opt it of late. :cool:

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions

Moxie629 said:
I. Haychew said:

Federer? I'm pretty sure that was Kieran's original coinage and use. Though I have noticed there has been an attempt to co-opt it of late. :cool:

You lost me. I don't like either player. The only time I want Murray to win is when he plays Nadal. The only times I want Ferrer to win is when he plays Nadal or Murray. Ferrer vs. Federer? I want Federer to win every time.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

andy "iconofclay" murray in four baseline bothering sets.

allow ferrer set due to murray brainburp n manbosom rash unusualness. (whatever that means).

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions

JesuslookslikeBorg said:

allow ferrer set due to murray brainburp n manbosom rash unusualness. (whatever that means).

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHozn0YXAeE[/video]

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Ferrer in 5. No great reason for that pick, just fingers crossed.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Murray in 4. I know he's never beaten Ferrer on clay, but I think this will be it.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
johnsteinbeck said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:

what is the meaning of this ?..:) whats it got to do with murray'ferrer ?..

I even looked up the lyrics lol,:p plant a seed ,plant a rose, which one grows ? no one knows..oooooh mmmm oooh till you go bald and your t1ts are covered in mould:-/ ..:dodgy:eek:r summat.

blast from the past..around 1997-98 ???.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
johnsteinbeck said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:

I even looked up the lyrics lol,:p plant a seed ,plant a rose, which one grows ? no one knows..oooooh mmmm oooh till you go bald and your t1ts are covered in mould:-/ ..:dodgy:eek:r summat.

Although no one wanted that song in their head, I got johnsteinbeck's idea. Based on your "whatever that means." wut?

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
johnsteinbeck said:

Although no one wanted that song in their head, I got johnsteinbeck's idea. Based on your "whatever that means." wut?

I thought it has something to do with "manbosom".

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:
Murray in 4. I know he's never beaten Ferrer on clay, but I think this will be it.

OK, at least in part to get this thread off the Hanson video, Murray has had a good season on clay, and is finally fulfilling the potential that training in Spain was supposed to give him. And Ferrer, while still pretty solid, is not to Andy's level, if Murray's feeling good on the clay, which he is. I think I went with Murray in 4, but it might be straights, if Murray is focused, which he'd better be, if he's going to the SF in his half. I really like Ferrer, but, even if Rafa and Nole bludgeon each other silly tomorrow, I don't think he'd beat either in the SF. Murray has a shot.