2015 French Open Semifinal: Wawrinka v. Tsonga

Make your picks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This one could either be interesting or a blowout. What are your thoughts?

Interestingly, their h2h is 3-3 with Wawrinka winning the last two times they met on clay.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The French crowd must really be inspiring JWT because I figured he'd be outmatched easily today. Given current standing and the form Stan showed I do think he will win but he better get it done quick. Facing Jo and the crowd late in the 4th and in the 5th could ruin the Stanimal.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The French crowd must really be inspiring JWT because I figured he'd be outmatched easily today. Given current standing and the form Stan showed I do think he will win but he better get it done quick. Facing Jo and the crowd late in the 4th and in the 5th could ruin the Stanimal.

Jo was sailing along in the first two sets until the piece of metal with pigeon deterring spikes fell on the crowd. It just took him two sets to recover. :snicker

If both guys comes out as focused as they did today we could be treated to a classic.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I really hope Stanimal wins. Jo will choke away the final. It will be a bore-fest

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
It is such fun to watch when Stan plays his game, swings like Buddy Rich and keeps it together upstairs. But it does not happen always. If he manages to keep it together, he wins this semi. I will root for him.

I think Stan wins in four with Jo taking the second set...

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
It is such fun to watch when Stan plays his game, swings like Buddy Rich and keeps it together upstairs. But it does not happen always. If he manages to keep it together, he wins this semi. I will root for him.

if he keeps it together he has a realllllly good shot at that trophy disregarding whos on the other side of the net

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tsonga has surprised me a lot with his result. He has to be very motivated and with the crowd in his side even more.
Tsonga in 5

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
they have played 2 matches here and both were 5 setters . I think Tsonga won the first 2 sets in both matches though :p

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I think this will be a very interesting and entertaining match; surely better than Andy-Novak semifinal match (but that is not saying much).

Jo has already caused two upsets in a row and is time to have a let down. But, then he
may keep on causing upsets like in Canada last year, you never know.

Both the guys can hit heavy ball and power through it. It remains to be seen as to which one of them can handle the opponent's heavy ball better. That player will win in four and I think that player is Stan the Man.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Five out of six of their matches on clay, they met twice at RG, winning one each. Stan won the last two, including the DC final, but Tsonga is unpredictable, and Stan can be too.

I'll go with the Manimal, but I don't mind either way...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Stan comes into this match WAY fresher so that's a huge advantage already over a guy not long back from an injury layoff. I'd be surprised if Tsonga won.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
Does anyone know what time this will start?

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm hoping for a Murray-Tsonga Final. Tsonga beat two of my favorites (Berdych and Nishikori) but I've always liked him. Would love to see him win a Slam. Just think how awesome it would be to see him win one at home? Wow. France will explode. So, once again, I made a homer pick of Tsonga in five.

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
Voted for Wawec in four.