2014 Roland Garros (French Open) May 25 - June 8, 2014: (Main Draw in Post #1)

Who will win 2014 Roland Garros

• Rafa

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Nole

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Stan

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Roger

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • David

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tomas

• Andy

• Milos

• Kei

• Other - specify

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Great news for us Rafa fans! Tignor has picked Novak... :clap ;)

Bad Omen, Your Avtar is going back instead of sneaking to the net. Also, you Avtar is
dropping the racquet.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:

Bad Omen, Your Avtar is going back instead of sneaking to the net. Also, you Avtar is
dropping the racquet.

Yeah, my avatar is the warrior dropping his weapon and roaring triumphantly after fatally wounding his enemy.

I don't know if you can lip-read, but take it slowly and you can make it out easy: Vamosssss!!! ;)

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Miroslav Mecir's son qualified for main draw. Can't wait to see him play just to see if his dad inspired him

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ That's cool. Always remember that match Mecir sr blew from 2 sets up against Edberg years ago. Both players I really liked but Mecir really screwed up that match. Very much like Nalbandian with tons of unrealized potential and a shame he never won a slam. Even bigger shame he retired so young at just 26.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:

:mad: Drat!

Tignor is a huge Nadal fan and knows his picks are poison. Another shameless attempt to secure the RG crown for the K of C. :nono

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The order of play for tomorrow is out.

I must admit to being disappointed that Paris doesn't have the same sensible tradition as Wimbledon, and give the defending champion the privilege of starting the tournament on the show court. They're starting with the bottom half of the draw - part of it - so presumably the champion won't get to begin his defence until Tuesday or Wednesday, weather permitting... :nono

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
FYI: if anyone has Dish Network, they're offering the Tennis Channel under free preview for the length of the French Open. In other words, Tennis Channel is free during the French if you're a Dish customer.

Cheers!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
The order of play for tomorrow is out.

I must admit to being disappointed that Paris doesn't have the same sensible tradition as Wimbledon, and give the defending champion the privilege of starting the tournament on the show court. They're starting with the bottom half of the draw - part of it - so presumably the champion won't get to begin his defence until Tuesday or Wednesday, weather permitting... :nono

Only Wimbledon has that tradition. All other GSs make their schedules in a different
manner. Actually, I believe as the #1 seed, tournament organizers of RG would have
asked him whether he wants to go first or second. He would have said second and so
they are beginning with the bottom half. It is not any conspiracy here.

Actually, as in RG the first round is spread over three days, Rafa would still be
given a choice between playing his first match on Monday or Tuesday.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
golds girl said:
FYI: if anyone has Dish Network, they're offering the Tennis Channel under free preview for the length of the French Open. In other words, Tennis Channel is free during the French if you're a Dish customer.

Cheers!

They do that for every slam. You get Tennis Channel for free for the entire two weeks.
I really enjoyed that when I had dish. I have now switched over to Suddenlink as there
was a tussle between local channels and dish and dish stopped carrying my local channels.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Not really the place to post this video but check it out. Monfils dancing - no wonder he gets injured so often. The boy has some moves though.

[video=youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AO3IQtW8Dlc&feature=youtu.be[/video]