2014 Roland Garros QF: Murray vs. Monfils

The showman or the businessman?

• Total voters

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Andy leads the series 3-2

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=MC10&oId=MC65

They haven't played since 2010 so you can throw out the H2H.

Who ya got: the showman or the businessman?

roland-garros-getho-monfils.jpg

vs
andy-murray_2925604b.jpg

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
Pretty hopeful that Andy can win this, though Monfils can be a very tricky customer. Gael has grown on me a lot and I hope he moves back up the rankings soon, but a quarter-final run is just about enough for him this time ;)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:

roland-garros-getho-monfils.jpg

vs
andy-murray_2925604b.jpg

Monfils is gonna push with Murray who is known to push the ball a bit. This match may have some rallies up to 25-30 strokes a piece.. Get your popcorn ready for this one gang..I would have to say that Murray will win in 5 because I just dont trust Monfils to take this one seriously.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
i feel like this will be a straight sets victory for murray. unless murray isnt playing business like

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So many past champions have caught fire after barely making it out of an early round. I was pleasantly surprised by Murray's straight set win over Verdasco. And it sure does make me feel better about his chances in the quarters.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
murray sounded really happy in his oncourt interview..:)

i think he feels like he is fully fit and up to speed finally and/or in with a chance of reaching the final.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Let's see...I don't particularly care phor either guy. So...Who has the better chance of beating Pherrer? Don't know. So, I'll go with Clownphils, because I like Murray less. Guessing that Murray will win, though.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

Monfils is gonna push with Murray who is known to push the ball a bit. This match may have some rallies up to 25-30 strokes a piece.. Get your popcorn ready for this one gang..I would have to say that Murray will win in 5 because I just dont trust Monfils to take this one seriously.

If Monfils doesn't take it seriously it will be over in 3. Murray won't be messing around. The French crowd won't bother him either. They can boo all they like. Andy will laugh it off as he has done in the past.

I really should follow Andy's lead. The dislike for him on here gets really tiring.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Iona16 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

If Monfils doesn't take it seriously it will be over in 3. Murray won't be messing around. The French crowd won't bother him either. They can boo all they like. Andy will laugh it off as he has done in the past.

I really should follow Andy's lead. The dislike for him on here gets really tiring.

Well, you've got one more Murray fan right here. I've been down on him a bit but would love to see him shock the headbands off of everyone.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Iona16 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

Well, you've got one more Murray fan right here. I've been down on him a bit but would love to see him shock the headbands off of everyone.

Good to know Kirijax. :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Iona16 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

I don't think there's so much dislike for him, as there is all too much impatience and bandwagoning. We're all over Dimitrov and Nishikori, then they lose in the first round. Murray, stalwart resident in the top 4 since Sept. '08 (I looked it up,) recently recovered from back surgery, and yet no one can remember his name, especially on clay. Well, hello. Who's still around for the QFs? It seems that Andy DID remember he wanted to play better, and so he did. Gael as well, but with much weaker competition, tbh. I've been trying to believe that Gael has been more focused this year. If he is, Murray in 4. If I'm wrong, Murray in 3.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Iona16 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

Iona, my post wasn't designed as a dislike for Andy or his game. Andy is a great champion.. Heck.. I was the one who immediately thank Andy for bringing Rafa's game back to life during the Rome tournament. (I see others co signed later in the same fashion but I am cool with that.) As for the fickle French, who gives a damn..they don't even like Rafa

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
Part of me wants Monfils to win because he's Monfils and he's awesome.

The other part of me wants to see Murray win so he can face Nadal in the SF (providing he wins over Ferrer). I've always loved the Nadal/Murray match-up.

Either way, I'm happy, but I'll go with Murray in 4 tight sets.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Iona16 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

same id love to see him make the finals or even win it all.