2014 NBA Playoffs

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
RE: NBA Playoffs

I guess no one watched it. I didn't expect Indy to get game 6. Honestly surprised they took game 5. Anyway, Wade & company will have about a week off as the finals start Thurs night on ABC.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

I watched it. I didn't give Indy much of a chance to win but it was a pretty awful performance especially on defense. The only way they were going to win it was with great defense and it just didn't happen.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions

Did Westbrook actually shoot the ball over the backboard? Yeah, I thought so! Congrats to the Spurs. Back to the drawing board phor the Thunder. I wonder how much longer Brooks is gonna last.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Spurs come through in OT (112-107) even though this should have been over in regulation. Refs missed a goal tending call on Ibaka. Have to give props to the Big Fundamental who was huge down the stretch since Parker didn't play the 2nd half.

Russ controlling the game again in OT and the MVP didn't get many looks.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

I. Haychew said:
Did Westbrook actually shoot the ball over the backboard? Yeah, I thought so! Congrats to the Spurs. Back to the drawing board phor the Thunder. I wonder how much longer Brooks is gonna last.

Yeah, you saw the same thing we all saw. A bricklaying convention for Russ in the latter stages of the game. I don't know how much of this is Brooks fault, but ultimately he'll take the blame. They might give him walking papers and try to get some fresh blood. How about Mark Jackson in OKC?

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Brooks should be fired. No excuses. Yes they were unfortunate to lose Ibaka in the first two games, but OKC failed to beat Spurs even with Parker getting injured in the 3rd quarter. Why Derek Fisher got so many minutes is absolutely beyond me. I understand the need to play small, but Duncan abused them because of that as every time they set a screen Ibaka, Fisher ends up being the one having to defend Duncan on the switch. To call that a mismatch would be an understatement. It's even more puzzling considering Fish's minimal offensive contributions. Jeremy Lamb should get far more playing time next season.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Didn't see that one last night but there was finally a decent game. The Spurs responded really well after 2 blowouts in OKC with Ibaka back.

I will go with Spurs in 7 for NBA finals but the Heat are playing much better than I figured. Wade is way better than at this point last year and they are getting more out of the bench. It is also hard to bet against Lebron. Duncan guaranteed victory after the game last night, a rare moment of arrogance from him.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

So I was off by 1 game in these series because I picked Miami in 5 but honestly, it should have been 5 , no?;)

I think a lot will depend on Parker's health now. If he can play the way he can, I would pick Spurs in 7 but if not, Miami in 6.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

the AntiPusher said:
Two trades that will hurt two organizations in the very near future, OKC trading James Harden and Memphis giving up Rudy Gay. You DONT give up superstars or players that give your teams the opportunity to have a "Big Three" in the post season playoff series. OKC gave up Harden to give Serge more cash when they could have ammesty K Perkins. Extremely dumbass move. Memphis give up Rudy Gay to the Raptors for what, they were going to get T Prince from the Pistons for nothing either way.

Miami is the luckiest team in NBA history. This is why they will 3 three peat.

Kskate, BS, DarthFed,BB and Muhat.. I think I spelled it out previously with this post a few weeks ago. It doesn't matter what OKC coach Brooks could have tried with different coaching themes.. You never break up 3 High Cards:nono

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Well, Darth got his wish at the end of the OKC-San Antonio series, with Durant taking all the big shots at the end of Game 6 - and he screwed up. Turned the ball over (fell down on the crossover dribble), missed a straight-on three, and then in overtime missed a crucial elbow jumper that would have put OKC up 4.

Can't blame Westbrook for that!

fedfan

Club Member
Reactions

DarthFed said:
One of my favorite times of the year. I don't watch that much bball during the regular season which is almost 20 games too long IMO. But come playoffs I try to watch as much as possible. It's a totally different game when teams play hard all 48 minutes because their season is on the line. It is impossible for them to play with the same intensity all regular season due to there being 82 games.

The East is a total mess and seems to be a bit up for grabs at this point. It's possible the Pacers turn it around but it's also possible that they are now used to playing so bad that it will be hard to flip the switch. Miami's defense this year struggled a lot more than in the past. Interestingly D-Wade should be better in these playoffs than the last 2 seasons but Lebron has to be running on fumes and the rest of the team is not at the same level as the last couple seasons. Lebron might be 1/2 cyborg but if he is exhausted then they have no chance at winning it all this year. D-Wade is still good when healthy but he is not the D-Wade of old. If Indy turns it around and plays well I think they end up taking the East. As of now I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls knocked them out in round 2. And if the Bulls knock them out it is probably Miami winning the East.

The West gets interesting right away though I do think it'd be a major surprise if it's not SA or OKC winning. Great first round matchup with LAC vs. Golden State. Golden State hasn't played as well as expected this year and LAC has improved this season mostly with Griffin stepping up a lot more. I will also be interested to see Memphis vs. OKC. Memphis is dangerous and experienced. If OKC continues to have some lapses like they did after the All Star break, the series could get interesting.

I still think the West is OKC's to lose. San Antonio is still awesome but OKC and the Durantula has their number. As for the NBA finals, if it's OKC - Miami it will be about 50-50, if it's SA-Miami, I expect that SA will roll them this time, and I mean 5 or at most 6 games. If it's OKC or SA vs. any other East team they are definitely winning.

Good call.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

fedfan said:
DarthFed said:
One of my favorite times of the year. I don't watch that much bball during the regular season which is almost 20 games too long IMO. But come playoffs I try to watch as much as possible. It's a totally different game when teams play hard all 48 minutes because their season is on the line. It is impossible for them to play with the same intensity all regular season due to there being 82 games.

The East is a total mess and seems to be a bit up for grabs at this point. It's possible the Pacers turn it around but it's also possible that they are now used to playing so bad that it will be hard to flip the switch. Miami's defense this year struggled a lot more than in the past. Interestingly D-Wade should be better in these playoffs than the last 2 seasons but Lebron has to be running on fumes and the rest of the team is not at the same level as the last couple seasons. Lebron might be 1/2 cyborg but if he is exhausted then they have no chance at winning it all this year. D-Wade is still good when healthy but he is not the D-Wade of old. If Indy turns it around and plays well I think they end up taking the East. As of now I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls knocked them out in round 2. And if the Bulls knock them out it is probably Miami winning the East.

The West gets interesting right away though I do think it'd be a major surprise if it's not SA or OKC winning. Great first round matchup with LAC vs. Golden State. Golden State hasn't played as well as expected this year and LAC has improved this season mostly with Griffin stepping up a lot more. I will also be interested to see Memphis vs. OKC. Memphis is dangerous and experienced. If OKC continues to have some lapses like they did after the All Star break, the series could get interesting.

I still think the West is OKC's to lose. San Antonio is still awesome but OKC and the Durantula has their number. As for the NBA finals, if it's OKC - Miami it will be about 50-50, if it's SA-Miami, I expect that SA will roll them this time, and I mean 5 or at most 6 games. If it's OKC or SA vs. any other East team they are definitely winning.

Good call.

I'd toot my own horn but before the Finals I had switched it to Spurs in 7. The Heat impressed me the first few rounds, Wade was looking healthy, the bench was producing and I figured the Finals would be very good. But the Spurs were not going to be denied this year.

fedfan

Club Member
Reactions

DarthFed said:
fedfan said:
DarthFed said:

Good call.

I'd toot my own horn but before the Finals I had switched it to Spurs in 7. The Heat impressed me the first few rounds, Wade was looking healthy, the bench was producing and I figured the Finals would be very good. But the Spurs were not going to be denied this year.

Yeah was pulling for the three-peat myself, but you're right the Spurs were on a mission. I think Game 6 last year really stung and it should've. They throttled Miami in their 4 wins... If you're a purest that was quite impressive in how they did it.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

fedfan said:
DarthFed said:
fedfan said:
DarthFed said:

Good call.

Yeah was pulling for the three-peat myself, but you're right the Spurs were on a mission. I think Game 6 last year really stung and it should've. They throttled Miami in their 4 wins... If you're a purest that was quite impressive in how they did it.

I've always liked the Spurs, enjoy the great team ball they play and this is probably the best all around team they've had and the most enjoyable to watch with that incredible passing.

I do like the Heat too. Watching Lebron play is incredible. Athletic and basketball ability from the heavens. I started watching in the early 90's and he is easily the 2nd best player I've seen. And I am a big fan of Wade too since he played in college at Marquette. Certainly it is near the end of the road for him but he has had a great career, much better than I figured he would be coming out of college though I knew he'd be at least very good.